ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 GenExt - Questions asked in the PEO appointment.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Konaine
Newly Registered

Tier 1 GenExt - Questions asked in the PEO appointment.

Post by Konaine » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:09 pm

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and will have my Tier 1 extension soon.
I have heard that these days they take really long to deal with postal applications. Roughly 4 months. Therefore I'm planning to schedule a PEO appointment. I heard that they unnecessarily grill you. Is that true?
Just want to know if any one can share personal Experiences whether they were interviewed or what questions they were asked, either about previous job if you changed job since your initial application or either about anything else.

Thank you.

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:43 am

Hi,

In my personal opinion, they do not grill you. They just ask a few questions relevant to your application i.e employed or self employed and if you have any convictions.

I found the experience to be a very simple, easy and straight forward experience and the staff I met were all very friendly and chatty.

Kind Regards

askhan
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 GenExt - Questions asked in the PEO appointment.

Post by askhan » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:50 am

Konaine wrote:Hi All,

I am new to this forum and will have my Tier 1 extension soon.
I have heard that these days they take really long to deal with postal applications. Roughly 4 months. Therefore I'm planning to schedule a PEO appointment. I heard that they unnecessarily grill you. Is that true?
Just want to know if any one can share personal Experiences whether they were interviewed or what questions they were asked, either about previous job if you changed job since your initial application or either about anything else.

Thank you.

all depends on your case, I am employed when I went there case was dealt in 40 min, no question asked.

read the experiences below. 6 pages are enough

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=102549
Kind Regard,
A.Khan
-------------------------

spellish
BANNED

Post by spellish » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:39 pm

Dear all

i have an extension on March, i m a director of ltd company and employed as well.

just wana know about the experince for those who already got their extension at PEO, is that worth it to bring a lawyer with me or should i just go my own ???

what type of question they can ask about your earnings and your previous tax ?

more reply ll be more appreciated

thx

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:47 pm

It depends on you. If you are confident and now the rules then there is no need to bring any adviser. If you are not sure and there are points in your case that may need more explanations (and you are unable of that) you can bring an adviser.