ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU1 late

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:24 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote: You are correct and this is a reasonable summary of what the legal situation is.
In the event that a person fails to make an application, they could receive a fine, but that's it. This does not apply of course as an application was made.
Thanks for the confirmation ... it seems that quite often with EU treaty rights the EU directives are actually pretty flexible for people, but a bit too vague or badly implemented in local laws which unfortunately can make them difficult to use in practise :-s

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:28 pm

rezzo82 wrote:Thanks for your help..
We are getting really anxious!!
I can't wait to get this letter....
I can imagine you are anxious yes ... keep us posted, I am curious to know if they will process it on time (and hope they will ...)

Also, from my experience if they haven't replied to an email after 3 or 4 days it means they just ignored it and will never reply. So if you want an answer I would send back your question to them with the original date included in the email, and ask if they can provide an answer. It has worked for me in the past as I guess when you do that they realise that they already ignored you once and don't want to do it a second time.

rezzo82
Newly Registered

Post by rezzo82 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:41 pm

jeupsy wrote:
rezzo82 wrote:Thanks for your help..
We are getting really anxious!!
I can't wait to get this letter....
I can imagine you are anxious yes ... keep us posted, I am curious to know if they will process it on time (and hope they will ...)

Also, from my experience if they haven't replied to an email after 3 or 4 days it means they just ignored it and will never reply. So if you want an answer I would send back your question to them with the original date included in the email, and ask if they can provide an answer. It has worked for me in the past as I guess when you do that they realise that they already ignored you once and don't want to do it a second time.
I 'll send the same email tomorrow..
We wanted to go in the immigration office Monday...but at this stage i think we have just to wait...

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:37 pm

there is no point going to immigration without a decision letter. They will tell you, that you have to wait.
By the way, what nationality is your partner?

rezzo82
Newly Registered

Post by rezzo82 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:13 pm

agniukas wrote:there is no point going to immigration without a decision letter. They will tell you, that you have to wait.
By the way, what nationality is your partner?
I think so now...
She s Brazilian...I'm italian.

rezzo82
Newly Registered

Post by rezzo82 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:48 pm

3° mail sent today..stamp 4 will expire in 4 days... will see

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:45 pm

rezzo82 wrote:3° mail sent today..stamp 4 will expire in 4 days... will see
All the best to you guys, I hope it will be sorted this week!

Definitely post the outcome here ...

rezzo82
Newly Registered

Post by rezzo82 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:43 pm

Finally got a reply:
They that there is often a small lapse btw the expiry date of the stamp 4 and the receipt of the decision letter.

I've already contacted solvit and reply me in less than 15 hours!!!
They were really helpfull but they can't do anything till the 13/01

getting more interesting......

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:46 pm

rezzo82 wrote: They that there is often a small lapse btw the expiry date of the stamp 4 and the receipt of the decision letter.
What a rubbish answer...

If they were sending the decision letters one week earlier or giving 6 months and one week temporary Stamp 4, there would be no delay during which the situation is unclear. They are clearly doing this on purpose but I am wondering why.

rezzo82
Newly Registered

Post by rezzo82 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:55 am

jeupsy wrote:
rezzo82 wrote: They that there is often a small lapse btw the expiry date of the stamp 4 and the receipt of the decision letter.
What a rubbish answer...

If they were sending the decision letters one week earlier or giving 6 months and one week temporary Stamp 4, there would be no delay during which the situation is unclear. They are clearly doing this on purpose but I am wondering why.
But they are doing this with more than 1 application, i red that a lot of people they have this delay. I really don't understand why... they also said that is for the Christmas break...

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:57 am

rezzo82 wrote: But they are doing this with more than 1 application, i red that a lot of people they have this delay. I really don't understand why... they also said that is for the Christmas break...
Yes you are right, it seems most people either get it either the last day or a bit late. This is why I think their answer doens't make sense. They know most people have this issue because they probably purposingly send the decision letter just the day before the end of the temporary Stamp 4. Fixing the issue would be very easy for them but they don't, so obvioulsy they do it on purpose :-s

rezzo82
Newly Registered

Post by rezzo82 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:54 pm

I just right now a letter.
they send me back alot of document and they ask me to send more:
-Evidence of relationship with the Eu Citizen
-Evidence of residence of applicant and Eu citizien in the state.
-letter of registration of tennancy from the prtb

what can i do?
I don't have the prtb.

rezzo82
Newly Registered

Post by rezzo82 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:51 pm

got the decision letter today....
APPROVED!!!
after 6 months....finally...

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:50 pm

rezzo82 wrote:got the decision letter today....
APPROVED!!!
Great, congratulations! :-)

Did you do anything following their letter last week where they asked you for more documentation?? The way they work looks a bit strange ...

Marbles
Newly Registered

Post by Marbles » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:31 pm

rezzo82 wrote:got the decision letter today....
APPROVED!!!
Congrats! :)
As a matter of interest (as I am in same position as yourself, my partner is awaiting result of EU1 application), how long did they give her the stamp 4 for?

rezzo82
Newly Registered

Post by rezzo82 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:27 pm

@Jeupsy
I sent a lot of mail friday and I found a guy in the immigration that was reply everymail after few minutes.
I explained him that i had a problem with the PRTB but i could give him more reference letters from irish citizen that confirm o@ur relationship,,,he asked to send him the letters and ask the decision letter that's all.

@marbles
Stamp 4 was for 6 months they sent the decision letter after 3 days that it was expired...Do you send all the documentation?

Marbles
Newly Registered

Post by Marbles » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:32 pm

Hey Rezzo yeah we have sent all of the documentation. My partner is currently on the temp stamp 4 (6 months) until end of Feb but what I meant with my question was, u got the approval, so did ur partner now get a stamp 4EUFAM? And if yes, how long is that valid for?

rezzo82
Newly Registered

Post by rezzo82 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:48 pm

Marbles wrote:Hey Rezzo yeah we have sent all of the documentation. My partner is currently on the temp stamp 4 (6 months) until end of Feb but what I meant with my question was, u got the approval, so did ur partner now get a stamp 4EUFAM? And if yes, how long is that valid for?
Yes she got that and its for 5 years!

Marbles
Newly Registered

Post by Marbles » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:58 am

Ah thanks very much, good to know! Congrats!!! :)

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:51 am

Excellent, thanks for he extra information :-)