ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent visa application for wife + kid after refusal

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AmitM
Newly Registered

Dependent visa application for wife + kid after refusal

Post by AmitM » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:59 pm

Hi All,
I had applied for my son's entry clearance visa from India on 6th Dec 2012 and it was refused because my wife's dependent visa was expiring on 3rd Jan 2013. I have my visa till Oct 2014.
Now I will be applying for fresh entry clearances for both(wife+kid).
My questions :
1. Should I apply together,i.e 2 application forms submitted at the same time with single set of documents(Cover letter, bank statements, marriage, birth, TB certificates etc etc).
OR
2.Apply for my wife first and upon her successful grant of visa, then apply for my son entry clearance.

Please help.

Thanks in advance

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:08 pm

Entirely your choice. The time to complete option 2 will be more than twice that of option 1.

AmitM
Newly Registered

Post by AmitM » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:52 pm

Thanks Lucapooka.

One more thing,
At the time of submission of application at VFS center, would the VFS officer need to be informed that both applications need to be considered together as a single case for visa, apart from mentioning it in the cover letter.
Since online form can be filled for one dependent at a time and there is no way of saying that both applications (wife and son) are combined application in the application form.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:07 pm

The on-line submissions will, indeed, be seperate, but the print-out of both applications can be bundled with common documents. This should be obvious the agent at the VAC who should deal with this accodingly. This is a very common procedure so I don't envisage a problem.