ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Tier 4 student depdendet visa for Child

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tier4Dep
Newly Registered

Applying for Tier 4 student depdendet visa for Child

Post by tier4Dep » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:28 am

Dear All,

Please excuse me as this is another question of mine regarding the visa application for my son.

Both me and my husband hold tier 4 visa and tier 4 Dependent visa, and i'm currently in my home country with my son and want to apply for his dependent visa. My question is how much maintenanace funds should we show for his application. As i read in the Immgration rules Appendix E 450*9 = 4050 GBP will be enough. We plan to show the funds avalable in my husbands current Account in the UK.
Does me and my husband also have to show mainteneace for ourselves as well? I'm really confused about this as different people have different opinions

Please shed some light about this issue.
Thank you in advance

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: Applying for Tier 4 student depdendet visa for Child

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:33 am

tier4Dep wrote:Does me and my husband also have to show mainteneace for ourselves as well?
No, funds are required for each individual application but you and your partner are not making applications at this time.

jaidkhan
Newly Registered

Post by jaidkhan » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:27 pm

Funds are required for each of the individual application. And in this case, it will be the Dependent i.e. your child whose application has to show the required funds.!

tier4Dep
Newly Registered

Post by tier4Dep » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:49 am

Thank you very much for the replies.

Also can anyone tell me how early i can apply for the visa from the expected travel date? My husband has arranged accomodation for us from May 2013 so when is the earliest i can apply for my sons visa? I have tried to find some infor regarding the date online but was not successful.

Many thanks