ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP -IT Contract - Can i work ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vishal_t
Newly Registered

HSMP -IT Contract - Can i work ?

Post by vishal_t » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:56 pm

Hello folks,

I am a freelance IT consultant and have been able to obtain HSMP & EC. Now, i have been offered a contract in Belgium through an employment agency in UK. Would it be possible for me to come to UK and be able to work on this assignment in belgium through my HSMP visa. I have a non-european passport (indian) - so would i also need a work permit to work in belgium even if i have an hsmp.

I intend to stay with my family in belgium for the entire contract duration (Upto 1 year or so)- Though i donot know if it would comply with HSMP duration calculation and extension issues. I could perhaps show it as a secondment to a client location through my management company who would be paying my invoices ?

Please advise what would be the best option considering the above and UK taxation laws ? I donot intend to maintain a residence in Uk during my contract period in belgium.

Alternatively i can apply for belgium work permit but in that case i would not be able to utilize my Hsmp.

I have never worked in UK before and have been freelancing in europe though. Thanks a lot for to all in advance as this will help me and my family decide an important move in our life,

Kind regards
Vishal

Ashekt

Post by Ashekt » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:55 am

Vishal,
This might seems to be an lucrative offer to you but I still feel that you should stick to your HSMP visa. Certainly you would be requiring a work permit to work in Belgium. If it's a year long project then what will do after that...u will be stuck as you would have already lost an year of your HSMP visa...you might not get an extension (FLR) even if u find a job in UK after an year and also have same problems while ILR as well...

You can get a lot more opportunities when u come to UK....