ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

More German WP fun!!

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

More German WP fun!!

Post by Wanderer » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:00 am

My Russian partner is now coming to end of her first six month placement from Uni in Germany.

The next placement is ready and waiting but now they say they don't want her to start till 15th Mar, ie two weeks after her current placement finishes.

We were hoping to extend the current WP or get a new one without any gap but this is looking unlikely now.

Does German immigration law have any version of our Section 3 whereby if at least she's applied she is still legal. Otherwise it looks like another applicaion via the London Consulate which took nealy four months last time.

Can she stay 'in-country' or does she have to return to UK?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:06 am

You write "My Russian partner", which makes me curious.

Are you an EU/EEA citizen?
Are you living with her in Germany?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:49 am

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:You write "My Russian partner", which makes me curious.

Are you an EU/EEA citizen?
Are you living with her in Germany?
I am EU citizen but not living with her in Germany. I am British in UK. She has UK student visa but is in germany on placement.

Actually the company she is currently with have been very good, and are extending the WP for a month to give the next placement people more time so there's no 'gap'!