ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Calculations of Points for Tier 1 (general) Visa extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

member_2013
Newly Registered

Calculations of Points for Tier 1 (general) Visa extension

Post by member_2013 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:18 pm

Hello,

I am applying for my Tier 1 visa extension next month. My query is regarding the calculations of points. Would they consider the points awarded on the basis of my initial tier 1 visa approval or would there be a fresh calculation of points ?

The reason for this query is : In my initial application I was awarded points for my Master's degree. Now since the rules have changed (as mentioned in UKBA site), the Institute from which I did my Master's degree does not appear in the drop down in the 'Qualification' category.

Kindly guide me regarding it. Or if anybody has undergone a similar experience please share.

Any kind of help is highly appreciated. Thanking you in anticipation.

fslateef

Post by fslateef » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:39 pm

I had the same problem with my 1st extension but as I applied for UK NARIC certificate when making initial application which says my Masters is equivalent to UK Masters; so I claimed points against that certificate again (using same equivalency certificate). And UKBA don't have any objection.

So I am assuming that you have UK NARIC certificate from first application thus just use that.

CMIIW.

member_2013
Newly Registered

Post by member_2013 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:57 pm

Thank you fslateef for the prompt reply.

Actually initially when I had applied for my tier 1 visa, the institute from which I had done my masters appeared in the drop down list of 'qualification' in the point based calculator on the UKBA site.Thus I was awarded with 35 points. At that time I did not need the certificate from UK NARIC.
Now as the rules have changed, the name of the institute does not appear in the drop down list of 'qualification' in the point based calculator on the UKBA site. I assume I would need a certificate from the UK NARIC now.
What I am really confused is whether would they consider the points awarded for 'qualification' on the basis of my initial tier 1 visa approval or would there be a fresh calculation of points for the same ?

Thanks again.

nextweek
BANNED

Post by nextweek » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:21 pm

member_2013 wrote:Thank you fslateef for the prompt reply.

Actually initially when I had applied for my tier 1 visa, the institute from which I had done my masters appeared in the drop down list of 'qualification' in the point based calculator on the UKBA site.Thus I was awarded with 35 points. At that time I did not need the certificate from UK NARIC.
Now as the rules have changed, the name of the institute does not appear in the drop down list of 'qualification' in the point based calculator on the UKBA site. I assume I would need a certificate from the UK NARIC now.
What I am really confused is whether would they consider the points awarded for 'qualification' on the basis of my initial tier 1 visa approval or would there be a fresh calculation of points for the same ?

Thanks again.
Please contact to

http://www.ecctis.co.uk/naric/Contact%20Us.aspx

member_2013
Newly Registered

Post by member_2013 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:02 pm

Thank you so much.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:54 pm

It generally depends on the reason for the name not appearing there any longer.

If it was removed because the institution was found to be bogus, then you will not get the points.
If it was removed (moved) because the institution changed it's name, then you will get the points.
If it was removed because of a mistake on the part of UKBA, you will get the benefit of the doubt and you will get the points.

member_2013
Newly Registered

Post by member_2013 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:21 pm

Hello mulderpf,

Thank you so much for the information.

I did enquire about the first two options and they are ruled out because neither the institute is bogus nor has the name changed.

Thanks again and Regards.

member_2013
Newly Registered

Post by member_2013 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:15 pm

Anybody if had similar experience please share. Moderators please shed some light on the same.

Thanking you in anticipation

Pavankumar123
Newly Registered

Post by Pavankumar123 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:58 am

Hi
If you applied your visa under HSMP then you need to select the date as 29/feb/2008 in Enter the date of your first successful Tier 1 application.

try this you might see your univ listed in drop down list.

If you are applying under Tier 1 (General) of the points-based system this must be on or after 29 February 2008. If you first successfully applied under the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP), Self Employed Lawyers concession or the Writers, Composers and Artists category and you are applying under Tier 1 (General) enter 29 February 2008.