ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need for Job during ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ilr_appln

Need for Job during ILR application

Post by ilr_appln » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:11 pm

I will be eligible for ILR in April, I have enough earnings to get the required points. Will it be a problem if i don't have a job while applying for ILR under(HSMP+Tier1)?

In Set(O) Q 5.3, there are asking whether i am working in the UK and the Salary. Will it be a problem if i say 'No'.

My spouse(Tier 1 dependant) is on a permanent job, can I show it as an additional income in Q.5.4?

ilr_appln

Post by ilr_appln » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:56 am

Can any of you comment on this please.

techie_09

Post by techie_09 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:50 pm

On Tier-1 as long as you can score necessary points it shouldn't be an issue.

Refer post which may be useful to you
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... unemployed

or search using keyword "unemployed" in forum for help.
Techie

ilr_appln

Post by ilr_appln » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:56 am

Thanks techie_09,
I went through the immigration rules and set(o) form today. My understanding is as follows.

1) Tier1 General people should show 75(or 80) points. The earnings can be from any consecutive 12 months within the last 15 months.

2)As per Rule in 245CD, (f)
Where the application is being made under the terms set out in Appendix S, the applicant must be economically active in the UK, in employment or self-employment or both
. i.e Only the HSMP Judicial Review people need to show economic activity as they don't have to show any points.

3) The Tier(G) needs to show the Maintenance fund of £900 + £600(for each dependent)

4) I think it will be easy if a person is employed /self employed at the time of application. If not working at the time of application it is better to have some details about 'Actively seeking employment' eg. Interview schedules, email communication with consultants, etc..