ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visa free regime

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

elena_86
Newly Registered

visa free regime

Post by elena_86 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:56 pm

Hi guys, I'm holding Residence card as a family member of EU national.
Can you advise me on which countries I can go without visa and without my husband?

P.S. I've been already to Czech Republic, with no visa. But e.g. Germany doesn't allow visa free regime unless you are travelling with your EU partner together.

Now I'd like to go to Sweden, was wondering is it the same story as with Czech Republic.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Elena

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: visa free regime

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:04 pm

elena_86 wrote:Hi guys, I'm holding Residence card as a family member of EU national.
Can you advise me on which countries I can go without visa and without my husband?

P.S. I've been already to Czech Republic, with no visa. But e.g. Germany doesn't allow visa free regime unless you are travelling with your EU partner together.

Now I'd like to go to Sweden, was wondering is it the same story as with Czech Republic.

Thanks,
Elena
The visa-free regime will generally only apply if you are joining or accompanying your husband.
Last edited by EUsmileWEallsmile on Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

elena_86
Newly Registered

Post by elena_86 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:02 am

EUsmileWEallsmile , I know how it's generally, but I was asking people for particular examples ( like the one with Czech Republic).

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:13 am

Can you provide a link to Czech Republic govt web sites that say this please?

loveforlove

Post by loveforlove » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:50 pm

elena_86 wrote:Hi guys, I'm holding Residence card as a family member of EU national.

Thanks,
Elena
Hi Elena,
I wonder, are you holding just a UK RESIDENCE CARD of EEa family member? or you having any other docs that prove that you are family member of EU NATIONAL?

I am non-eea family member of a Bulgarian, I'm holding UK residence card and eea bulgarian family permit (which we have to prolong each year, that is quite expensive). Maybe you know am I allowed to travel to EU countries just with UK RESIDENCE CARD?

Many thanks

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:46 pm

loveforlove wrote:I am non-eea family member of a Bulgarian, I'm holding UK residence card and eea bulgarian family permit (which we have to prolong each year, that is quite expensive).
What is this exactly? Is it an entry visa? How much does it cost? Why do you need it?

loveforlove

Post by loveforlove » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:49 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:
loveforlove wrote:I am non-eea family member of a Bulgarian, I'm holding UK residence card and eea bulgarian family permit (which we have to prolong each year, that is quite expensive).
What is this exactly? Is it an entry visa? How much does it cost? Why do you need it?
No, it is not an entry visa its kind of family permit residence card, that I have to prolong once a year during the 5 years in order to receive permanent residence in Bulgaria, or if we had a child the bulgarian government would give me permanent residence stright away.
The thing is that each year it is getting more and more expensive and complicated, we are spending more than 1000 pounds every year the cost of the card and some other expenses (travel tickets, hotel, food etc).
I've done this card, because I wanted to travel with my husband to EU countries. I entered UK with the help of this card and applied for UK residence card, which is free of charge and for 5 years.
I'm just interested is it possible to travel to EU countries using just UK RESIDENCE CARD? If yes, there is no point for me to prolong bulgarian family permit any more...

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:57 pm

If you can send me a web link to a government page describing it, that would be helpful. How much is the fee that you pay the government for the card?

loveforlove

Post by loveforlove » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:11 am

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:If you can send me a web link to a government page describing it, that would be helpful. How much is the fee that you pay the government for the card?
Unfortunately, the goverment website is not informative and it does not provide the detailed info regarding this procedure. The fee is about 300 euro. And plus we pay some extra fee in order to get the card in one week time, otherwise it takes a month.And plus a solicitor who is helping to collect all the papers and speed up the process.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:12 am

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:If you can send me a web link to a government page describing it, that would be helpful. How much is the fee that you pay the government for the card?
I would imagine this is a visa under the national laws, not under EU laws. Similar in concept to the UK Residence Permit given to spouses of British citizens (which is also getting close to £1000 per application although this now last 30 months).

elena_86
Newly Registered

Post by elena_86 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:32 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Can you provide a link to Czech Republic govt web sites that say this please?
Hello, sorry for delay in replying, I was away from UK.
As for your question, check this out http://www.mzv.cz/jnp/en/information_fo ... index.html

Plus, as I already mentioned, I've been to CR myself, and there is no need to have a visa to enter the country. I was travelling without my husband.

elena_86
Newly Registered

Post by elena_86 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:39 pm

Hello, Loveforlove, yes, I'm holding UK residence card as a family member of EU national, endorsed in my passport.
As far as I know, if you are travelling together to EU countries with your EU partner, you are eligible to travel without visa, just with your UK residence card. However if you are travelling without your EU partner, you need to check visa requirements for non-eaa country you belong.
There are some exceptions, like Czech Republic ( please read my previous messages). So I was seeking any help here of what other countries offer the same visa free regime for family members of eu national...

[/quote]
Hi Elena,
I wonder, are you holding just a UK RESIDENCE CARD of EEa family member? or you having any other docs that prove that you are family member of EU NATIONAL?

I am non-eea family member of a Bulgarian, I'm holding UK residence card and eea bulgarian family permit (which we have to prolong each year, that is quite expensive). Maybe you know am I allowed to travel to EU countries just with UK RESIDENCE CARD?

Many thanks[/quote]