ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Impacts of Child Tax Credits and Working Tax Credit on ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jara77
Newly Registered

Impacts of Child Tax Credits and Working Tax Credit on ILR

Post by jara77 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:29 am

Hi Everyone,
I am very new to this website as I suddenly struck on it by chance and now I feel that it's heavenly sent. I need your advice desperately as I am planning to apply my ILR. Here are my details:
My wife is British and we have a British son who was born last year. I am on a spouse visa. I have been working full time since May last year. In the meantime I applied and have been receiving child tax credit and working tax credit in my wife account as she is not working.

My question is whether the tax credits will affect my ILR application or not? Since I didn't realize that there is written 'No Recourse on Public Funds' on my Visa.

If I had known about the consequences, I would not have taken it as I earn about a thousand pounds every month and it's enough to sustain my family.

Waiting for your reply
jara77

John
United Kingdom

Re: Impacts of Child Tax Credits and Working Tax Credit on I

Post by John » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:08 am

See the "Claiming Benefits" section of this board. This subject has been covered many, many times.

Given your spouse is British, it is not a problem the two of you submitting a joint claim for Tax Credits.
John