ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

strayaleprechaun
Newly Registered

Us too!

Post by strayaleprechaun » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:43 pm

Hi there,

have mixed feelings about coming across this forum - on the one hand, delighted to find that we are not alone and gain knowledge from the experience of others; on the other, so gutted to find that we should expect to wait another 6 months. :(

The process is unreal. I wish that I had known all this and paid the extra to apply in person.

Good to see that some people are starting to get their visas approved and docs returned recently. Maybe a new year, a new start?! Perhaps lots of people have started New Year jobs at a UKBA??? Wishful thinking, or what..

mrsabih
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Us too!

Post by mrsabih » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:15 pm

strayaleprechaun wrote:Hi there,

have mixed feelings about coming across this forum - on the one hand, delighted to find that we are not alone and gain knowledge from the experience of others; on the other, so gutted to find that we should expect to wait another 6 months. :(

The process is unreal. I wish that I had known all this and paid the extra to apply in person.

Good to see that some people are starting to get their visas approved and docs returned recently. Maybe a new year, a new start?! Perhaps lots of people have started New Year jobs at a UKBA??? Wishful thinking, or what..
we are in a same que i submit my case on 19th october but i received bio letter soon i submitted my bio metrics on 31st december 2012
now waiting for good news
Do good and get reward

JonPaula
Newly Registered

Demonstration

Post by JonPaula » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:49 pm

We need to demonstrate outside Westminster! 6 months under house arrest for marrying an English man is disgusting. We can make a difference if we all get together.

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:58 pm

CDNgirl wrote: I have been granted my visa.

Applied: 25/09/12
Acknowledgement Letter received: 01/10/12
Biometrics Letter received: 04/12/12
Biometrics done: 07/12/12
Application approval letter received: 22/12/12 (dated 17/12/12)
BRP Card: Waiting
Total waiting time (without BRP card): 12 weeks and 4 days
Are there anymore with such a short turnaround of their visa or should we consider this particular case as a onetime.

newmommy1
Newly Registered

Post by newmommy1 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:18 pm

CNDgirl
What type pf visa were you coming from?

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:24 pm

newmommy1 wrote:CNDgirl
Have a look in the comments column in Skydrive for FLR(M)
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

newmommy1
Newly Registered

Post by newmommy1 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:41 pm

Damanisshallo- Thanks very helpful! There seems to be no pattern. I do not believe they do it in biometrics order...there is no way!

Is anyone coming from an FLRM spouse visa just requesting a 2 year extension?

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:16 pm

newmommy1 wrote:CNDgirl
I believe CDNgirl has switched from Tier4 student visa ... But does the type of visa being switched from matter at all ???

newmommy1
Newly Registered

Post by newmommy1 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:47 pm

From the letter my MP sent me, it does. They have seperate filing departments so the more complex cases take a longer time to process then more straight forward ones. If you need to submit all the documentation to "prove" a relationship and prove income this takes longer than an extension. Its not done in biometrics order. This is at least what I was told :wink: Who knows the whole thing is just a nightmare!!

mrsabih
Mood:
Pakistan

from student

Post by mrsabih » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:14 pm

sunil.suneel wrote:
CDNgirl wrote: I have been granted my visa.

Applied: 25/09/12
Acknowledgement Letter received: 01/10/12
Biometrics Letter received: 04/12/12
Biometrics done: 07/12/12
Application approval letter received: 22/12/12 (dated 17/12/12)
BRP Card: Waiting
Total waiting time (without BRP card): 12 weeks and 4 days
Are there anymore with such a short turnaround of their visa or should we consider this particular case as a onetime.
hi guyz its look like that she is lucky she got her aproval very fast
in my case i am swtching from student tier 4 i applied on 19th october 2012 and my bio metric done on 31st december 2012 so lets see if they can send me any aproval in the same time so i will update here cheers
Do good and get reward

mrsabih
Mood:
Pakistan

hi

Post by mrsabih » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:39 pm

newmommy1 wrote:From the letter my MP sent me, it does. They have seperate filing departments so the more complex cases take a longer time to process then more straight forward ones. If you need to submit all the documentation to "prove" a relationship and prove income this takes longer than an extension. Its not done in biometrics order. This is at least what I was told :wink: Who knows the whole thing is just a nightmare!!
yes you are right there is no biometric order
Do good and get reward

daiyan.suraya

Phone call to UKBA and different response

Post by daiyan.suraya » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:15 am

Guys I am bit confused and hopeful at the same time. I called ukba this morning about my outstanding application. The lady on the phone said the same thing as usual "your application is not processed yet" but she added something extra this time round. She said that they are "dealing with my case now and I will get it in due course". Do you think i should be a little more hope-full now that i have been told this?

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Re: Phone call to UKBA and different response

Post by sunil.suneel » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:30 am

daiyan.suraya wrote:Guys I am bit confused and hopeful at the same time. I called ukba this morning about my outstanding application. The lady on the phone said the same thing as usual "your application is not processed yet" but she added something extra this time round. She said that they are "dealing with my case now and I will get it in due course". Do you think i should be a little more hope-full now that i have been told this?

I dont trust anything they say over the phone ... Its always good to be hopeful though... but my advice, donot take the updates over phone too serious ... There have been instances where the update was you case is still waiting and the applicant has received the post the same day ... you see wat I mean.

b/w whats your timeline....

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Phone call to UKBA and different response

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:45 am

daiyan.suraya wrote:Do you think i should be a little more hope-full now that i have been told this?
Why not? The fact that you've applied in April (Already crossed the 6 month mark) and if the recent promise made by UKBA is to be believed then Yes, you can be hopeful.

Update your timeline on Skydrive once you hear from them.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

CDNgirl

Post by CDNgirl » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:15 pm

Hi all,

Yes, I was switching from a Tier 4 visa.

I consider myself very lucky to have received my visa so fast, and I wish I was able to share the reason for it. I'm hopeful for everyone still waiting!

sunil.suneel wrote:
But does the type of visa being switched from matter at all ?
I don't think it matters much what type of visa you are switching from. There is obviously no order that they are following, seems to be luck of the draw.

Still.Waiting

Post by Still.Waiting » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:32 pm

After 9 months of waiting I finally got it! Saturday morning post man rang the bell to end all the suffering! Inside a large yellow envelope there was a letter confirming my BRP is on the way.

I suffered so much that I couldn't even get excited anymore but my wife did all the yelling and celebrating. I know I will slowly and surely realize what finally happened after 9 months.

Was great being part of this forum. I will update once I receive my BRP card :)
Application sent: 14-04-12
Acknowledgement: 25-04-12
Biometrics: 05-05-12
Requested sponsor's passport: 10-07-12
Passport received: 19-07-12
Contacted MP: 16-10-12
Documents received: 12-01-13
BRP received: still waiting

daiyan.suraya

Congratulations!

Post by daiyan.suraya » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:45 pm

Congrats, that is great news!!! We was just talking about how our biomentric and application dates were so close by the other day. Now after hearing your good news I am finally having some hope of receiving some news myself!! From looking at all the latest forums, it seems like UKBA are finally catching up to APRIL/ MAY applications! :D

daiyan.suraya

Congratulations!

Post by daiyan.suraya » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:48 pm

Congrats, that is great news!!! We was just talking about how our biomentric and application dates were so close by the other day. Now after hearing your good news I am finally having some hope of receiving some news myself!! From looking at all the latest forums, it seems like UKBA are finally catching up to APRIL/ MAY applications! :D

Still.Waiting

Re: Congratulations!

Post by Still.Waiting » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:52 pm

daiyan.suraya wrote:Congrats, that is great news!!! We was just talking about how our biomentric and application dates were so close by the other day. Now after hearing your good news I am finally having some hope of receiving some news myself!! From looking at all the latest forums, it seems like UKBA are finally catching up to APRIL/ MAY applications! :D
Thank daiyan.suraya! Yes we were. I think all the April's applications are under consideration.

Hope you will get it any day now too !

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:03 pm

Still.Waiting wrote:After 9 months of waiting I finally got it! Saturday morning post man rang the bell to end all the suffering! Inside a large yellow envelope there was a letter confirming my BRP is on the way.

I suffered so much that I couldn't even get excited anymore but my wife did all the yelling and celebrating. I know I will slowly and surely realize what finally happened after 9 months.

Was great being part of this forum. I will update once I receive my BRP card :)

Congrats buddy ... I know exactly how it feels ... Now that is all come to an end, its time to rejoice :)

Still.Waiting

Post by Still.Waiting » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:08 pm

sunil.suneel wrote: Congrats buddy ... I know exactly how it feels ... Now that is all come to an end, its time to rejoice :)
Thanks sunil ya it has all come to an end well, at least for next 2 years lol time to save up some money and plan that long awaited honeymoon :D

aurora_moon
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by aurora_moon » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:31 pm

I've been following this forum for a while and just wanted to add my dates (see signature). My situation and timeline isn't too different from CDNgirl's - I'm also a changing from a Tier 4 student (although I'm Australian).

I'm still patiently waiting for my approval though! :roll:

Xiaozhu

Info from UKBA recieved today

Post by Xiaozhu » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:53 pm

Dear all

I sent a complaint into the UKBA a while back and they have replied with the following info:

"Thank you for your correspondence of 15 November 2012 about the above issue.

I am sorry that you felt our service did not meet your expectations on this occasion. As requested I have reviewed your concerns thoroughly and would like to apologise for the delay in considering your husband’s application for leave to remain (LTR).

Mr X submitted his application on 24 August 2012. We have received an exceptionally high volume of applications. This has had an impact on the processing times for all applications across Employment Routes. Applications on form FLR(M) are considered by Family Casework teams. Family Casework are currently handling a queue of complex cases and we are clearing these applications in order of the date applicants enrolled their biometric data.

We are currently considering applications where the biometric data was captured at the start of June. We received biometric enrollment details for this application on 22 November 2012 and we will write to you with our decision as soon as possible.

If Mr X submitted his application prior to the expiry of his previous LTR then the conditions attached to his leave will continue to apply until a decision is reached on this application.

If you believe there are further compassionate or compelling circumstances why your client’s application should be prioritised and you are willing to withdraw the application if consideration is not immediately possible from the information already held with your case, then please contact our Immigration Enquiry Bureau on 0870 606 7766 for further assistance.

If you remain dissatisfied with your response you may ask the NEYH Customer Service Unit to undertake a review of your complaint. Please submit full details in writing using one of the following methods: fax: 0114 207 2894 or email at: NEYHCustomers@ukba.gsi.gov.uk or by post to NEYH Customer Service Unit, PO Box 3468, Sheffield S3 8WA.

We are grateful for the comments received in your correspondence and are totally committed to treating all complaints seriously and improving the service we deliver. Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

In order to continue to review and improve our complaints process we would be grateful if you could complete a short online survey. It is important that we gather information about your experience of making a complaint rather than the reason for making the complaint. Please access the survey at the following link:

http://feedback.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... 34273xcfyg

If you do not have access to a computer please contact the NEYH Customer Services Unit on 0114 207 2966 and they will send you a postal survey to complete.'

Note: THEY ARE CONSIDERING APPLICATIONS IN ORDER OF SUBMISSION OF BIOMETRIC DETAILS, CURRENTLY LOOKING AT JUNE.

The link doesn't work.

iamsil
Newly Registered

Waiting since march 2012

Post by iamsil » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:08 pm

Hello everyone, i have been following this forum for quite a long time. I have also applied for a flr visa in march 2012 and as of yet i haven't received any news. I called the ukba at the beginning of December, and they said haven't made any decision yet. It has been 10 months already since i sent my documents, 7 months since i enrolled my biometrics and i think its outrageous not to hear anything whatsoever, specially when the ukba or the post office messed up and lost my biometrics the first time i enrolled them in march in the York post office (just because in that time the Sheffield ukba office didnt accept any appoinments, they do now). 2 months later (may) i Received a letter saying that i failed to have my biometrics taken and that i had 17 days to do so. Of course i was so angry because it was obviously not true, went to the post office and they said it had nothing to do with them, went to the ukba branch in Sheffield where i explained the situation and they took my biometrics for free. As of now i had no news or anything and i am going MAD. I was expecting the whole process to take a long time but not THIS LONG! specially when i see people that have applied months after me and had their paperwork returned successfully. I just want to know if anyone that has applied in march 2012 is still waiting like me so i dont feel this lonely :( all i want is to get my papers back, at this point really i just want to know something, anything, if its a yes o a no, at least if i know i have been rejected i can start planning what to do next. This whole thing of not knowing is not healthy, is it? By the way, i am switching from a fiance visa, we got married here in the uk, been together for 4 years before getting married, i have a good travel history, been to the uk 3 times before and my husband has come to visit me as well many times. Been rejected once because i stupidly forgot to include a letter from my worlplace, but when i applied for my fiance visa that was no issue. Thank you guys and good lucK!

My timeline:
Docs sent: 07/03/2012
Ack. letter: not long after that (i lost it!)
Biometrics letter: 22/03/2012
Biometrics enrolled: 29/03/2012 (York post office)
So when they lost my biometrics.....
Biometrics letter sent again: 16/05/2012
Biometrics enrolled again: 25/05/2012
Response letter: WAITING
Biometrics Card: WAITING

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:16 pm

just had a call from the wife. She has received a biometric appointment letter.

iamsil: when you gave biometrics in york, did you get given any kind of paperwork to say so.