ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

"Endorsement of passport" or family permit applica

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

inselkind
Newly Registered

Post by inselkind » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:20 pm

We having submitted the application for the residence card yet as were are waiting to sign the lease of our new place next week (finally moving in together without flatmates) to use that for our application. We haven't quite decided yet what to do (weighing up the time lines), but propably have to make up our made quickly to not to loose anymore time. Thanks your help and suggestions to all that many questions I'ven been bombarding you with!

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:29 pm

inselkind wrote:We having submitted the application for the residence card yet as were are waiting to sign the lease of our new place next week (finally moving in together without flatmates) to use that for our application. We haven't quite decided yet what to do (weighing up the time lines), but propably have to make up our made quickly to not to loose anymore time. Thanks your help and suggestions to all that many questions I'ven been bombarding you with!
I assume the reason you are waiting is simply so that your mailing address is stable for the return of the RC?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:11 pm

Link to someone's EEA family permit timeline.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... c&start=40

sg484
Newly Registered

Post by sg484 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:59 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:As Jambo pointed out, a US citizen does not require a visa according to the directive.

I specifically asked the question of the UKBA about endorsement of passports before applying and was told that it was not required (a copy would be fine).
Hi EUsmile,

Did you mean that you called/emailed the UKBA and they told you that an endorsement was not required?

Thanks
sg

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:54 pm

sg484 wrote:
EUsmileWEallsmile wrote: I specifically asked the question of the UKBA about endorsement of passports before applying and was told that it was not required (a copy would be fine).
Hi EUsmile,

Did you mean that you called/emailed the UKBA and they told you that an endorsement was not required?

Thanks
sg
Yes.

sg484
Newly Registered

Post by sg484 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:39 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
sg484 wrote:
EUsmileWEallsmile wrote: I specifically asked the question of the UKBA about endorsement of passports before applying and was told that it was not required (a copy would be fine).
Hi EUsmile,

Thanks
sg
Yes.
Please could you mention the email you contacted them on? I don't find any email id on the UKBA webpage in the contact info.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:53 pm

sg484 wrote: Please could you mention the email you contacted them on? I don't find any email id on the UKBA webpage in the contact info.
I have no additional information for you. I emailed UKBA and they said that they did not require an endorsed photocopy. Their website rather unhelpfully suggests otherwise, but their pdf guidance says that a copy will do.