ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Heading home...

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rella

Heading home...

Post by rella » Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:35 pm

After all the incredible agony we went through to get our HSMP renewal, we are likely heading back to our home country soon.

We have almost 4 full years left on our visas. If we were to return to our home country for a few years, could we come back to the UK for the balance of the FLR? Could we at that point, extend to another FLR, instead of ILR and restart our clock? Or.. if a company transferred my husband over here, could we just come back on his HSMP?

Just trying to look at what options might be open... if any.

Thanks.

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:17 pm

As long as you have the HSMP, you can come in any time till your visas exire. It does'nt matter how long you have been away.

If you decide to come back, and later on if your visas expire, then you can apply for FLR ( if you are eligible to to rules applicable at that point of time).

rella

Post by rella » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:35 pm

Thanks. That's really comforting to know.

manindergill

Post by manindergill » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:48 am

Rella,

I may join your camp soon and leave this country soon although I have 2.5 years of my FLR still on my VISA. Its better to go back to my home country and lead a stable life in Indian IT industry which is booming as compared to earning £35K here and leading a unstable and uncertain life over here.

Cheers.

alex2000

Post by alex2000 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:58 pm

Rella,

I regarded your case as one of the success stories of approval under 'self employment, transitional arrrangements' (together with Ajadi?). I thought with the renewal, u would now settle to grow your biz (with your husband) as u only have to worry about ILR - in 4 years time. The info that u may be going home is suprising - may i ask why?

In respect of time outside the UK, the major effect is at the point of applying for ILR. as there is a maximum time u can spend outside the UK to qualify.

chakritsus

Post by chakritsus » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:27 am

Hi Guys,
I need some suggestion from this forum.

Recently I got HSMP approval + EC from India.

I am planning to move to UK. Is it safe to move to UK now ? I am planning to stay in UK for 1 or 2 years , not more than that.

I am hearing lots of news about people coming back to their counties after the new HSMP rules have come.

Guys , who are already there in UK , please suggest me what shall I do ?

Chakri

alex2000

Post by alex2000 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:27 pm

It is difficullt to give any definite answer to your question as each person's situation is unique. There are many people who view the decision to come tothe UK under the HSMP route as d best one they have made while many are regretting, esecailly post Dec 5, their decision.

The best thing is 4 u to take an INFORMED decision. Spend some time on various topics on this board and get as much info as u can on life in the uk, the prospects of getting a good job in your professional, your owm aspirations etc.

All the best

PASS

Post by PASS » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:10 pm

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:53 pm

"The new changes have been sending wrong signals that Indians are unwanted in UK," Kapadia said adding it is happening even if India being the second biggest foreign investor in the UK."
Why does Mr. Kapadia always refer to Indians being the only one effected by the recent changes?

This does not send out a good signal amongst the candidates from other countries.

rajeevanand

Post by rajeevanand » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:32 pm

Sorry. This is for Rella. A bit late though.

As others have pointed out, it's ok for you to come back any time. But if you plan to stay away from the UK for more than 3 montsh, then there will be a break and you will not be eligible for permanent residency (ILR), if that was what you were considering. If you come back after 2 years, then your PR clock starts ticking from then.