ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can we travel while EEA2 application is in progress??

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ms_D
Newly Registered

Can we travel while EEA2 application is in progress??

Post by Ms_D » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:36 pm

Hi

My wife (non EEA citize) applied for RC this week and we are planing to go on holiday in July. Reading the posts here we've gotten impression that our pasports wont be back by the time we are due to travel. Once we have received the CoA, can we request our passports back?? Can she travel abroad only with CoA letter or she must have RC?
Thank you all for your kind help.

D[/b]

frei
BANNED

Post by frei » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:10 am

Is your spouse a visa national? if not then you should have thought about how she would be allowed aboard a UK bound flight without the necessary visa? if not a visa national it would be pretty straight forward boarding and when at the border can seek admission by presenting the COA. Do not put yourself in a dangerous situation travelling without RC if she is visa national you will have a hard time returning to the UK and then it depends where you will be travelling to

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: Can we travel while EEA2 application is in progress??

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:10 am

Ms_D wrote:Hi

My wife (non EEA citize) applied for RC this week and we are planing to go on holiday in July. Reading the posts here we've gotten impression that our pasports wont be back by the time we are due to travel. Once we have received the CoA, can we request our passports back?? Can she travel abroad only with CoA letter or she must have RC?
Thank you all for your kind help.

D[/b]
Applied in January, travel in July. Unless there are complications with your application, I would have expected that your residence card would be available before then. The application can take up to six months, but many are decided well within that timeline.

You can request your documents back at any time you please.

Ms_D
Newly Registered

Post by Ms_D » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:50 pm

My wife is a visa national. At the moment she holds student visa, which is valid until end of August 2014. Now when we have applied for RC, whill her studen visa be cancelled??
thank you for your kind help.
D

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:28 pm

Ms_D wrote:My wife is a visa national. At the moment she holds student visa, which is valid until end of August 2014. Now when we have applied for RC, whill her studen visa be cancelled??
thank you for your kind help.
D
No it won't be cancelled (and her current visa will allow her to travel until it expires).

Ms_D
Newly Registered

Post by Ms_D » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:22 pm

thank you ever so much for your help. it is much appreciated.