ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Warning for people "buying" PEO appointments

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Warning for people "buying" PEO appointments

Post by mulderpf » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:08 pm

I just heard from a friend of someone who was turned away from Croydon PEO because his appointment was cancelled. It appears that he was using one of the "we will book an appointment for you in 7 days" services. The applicant thought he was doing a good thing, because he made the agreement on a "no appointment, no fee" basis.

It appears that the following happened:

* The agent booked the appointment using the applicants real details, but using his own email address and own login details
* The agent forwarded the confirmation on and asked the applicant to verify the booking with UKBA by calling them to make it all seem legitimate
* Upon confirmation, the applicant made the payment
* At some point after this, without the applicant's knowledge, the appointment was cancelled. We are speculating that this was probably cancelled and then sold on to someone else. (It's speculation and I haven't got more details yet than above).

As I've said time and time again - be wary of these people. You have no protection, what they are doing is essentially against the rules and puts everyone at a disadvantage.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:42 pm

Interesting and informative. Anyone on this forum, who thinks they have managed to get a future appointment using one of these services (I think I've seen about 3-4 different people on this site post these types of dubious adverts during the last week alone.) should be wary now, as this would mean that they may have paid for obtaining a future appointment which has now been cancelled or may be cancelled before the appointment date without their knowledge.

nextweek: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=123023
Slot4u: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=123016
professionals: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=122851
davidpie: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=123002, http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=123499
ilrukpeo: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#763551
Last edited by cs95tdg on Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ghalib_gg
Newly Registered

Post by Ghalib_gg » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:32 pm

I booked an appointment through agent; thankfully it worked out well for me. I selected an agent because solicitor was charging me cost of fortune, It was simply out of my range and my time was running out as well. I agree with the above posts but if you choose an agent as a cheaper option just make sure he is trustworthy. Good Luck Guys...!

manojk005

Post by manojk005 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:19 am

Ghalib_gg wrote:I booked an appointment through agent; thankfully it worked out well for me. I selected an agent because solicitor was charging me cost of fortune, It was simply out of my range and my time was running out as well. I agree with the above posts but if you choose an agent as a cheaper option just make sure he is trustworthy. Good Luck Guys...!
How do you trust an agent unless you get the service?

Better these agents should be discouraged and if illegal then reported to police and UKBA. It appears that most of them do multiple booking, blocking appointments and creating artificial shortage. Some people just use their services out of compulsion, which is created by them. In this way, atleast many people will be able to save money. Some of my friends booked appointment themselves after spending some time. Though we need to remember that PEO Appointment booking is much more difficult than cinema ticket but not impossible.

Prabhusankar
Newly Registered

Post by Prabhusankar » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:01 pm

Ghalib_gg wrote:I booked an appointment through agent; thankfully it worked out well for me. I selected an agent because solicitor was charging me cost of fortune, It was simply out of my range and my time was running out as well. I agree with the above posts but if you choose an agent as a cheaper option just make sure he is trustworthy. Good Luck Guys...!

I too agree with Ghalib.I too got a PEO appointment through one of the agent that worked for me as well.Even somebody has some bad experience still do not generalised the cases.Because these agents really doing the help to get the slot cheaper and their only charging for their time to book the appointment.I think they are charging only for their time to book the appointment.I tried for my appointment for 3 weeks continuisly and i was in full pressure to get one.Only one of the agent help me to sort out the issue.

paribus
United Kingdom

Post by paribus » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:25 pm

...and the agents are right here giving covert testimonies. ***shame***
We burn the midnight oil seeking for PEO appointments and up again early to resume our all-important jobs to keep us in the country. We are Highly Skilled Immigrants - in every sense of the word!

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:36 pm

People generally join this forum BEFORE applying for their visas and come back after the fact to give feedback. It's VERY seldom for people to come after the fact to "support" these so-called agents (and two in a row - astounding to say the least...). Why would anyone register AFTER they got a successful PEO appointment.

Still waiting to get the full story, but this is obviously one huge scam and I really think people should be aware of the potential consequences...

Prabhusankar
Newly Registered

Post by Prabhusankar » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:25 pm

mulderpf wrote:
People generally join this forum BEFORE applying for their visas and come back after the fact to give feedback. It's VERY seldom for people to come after the fact to "support" these so-called agents (and two in a row - astounding to say the least...). Why would anyone register AFTER they got a successful PEO appointment.

Still waiting to get the full story, but this is obviously one huge scam and I really think people should be aware of the potential consequences...

I have been watching this forum for last two years.It is not mandatory to register to view any of the post in this forum.But today I thought of give an answer for one of this quotes.So I registered in the same.Even I am not interested to reply for some stupid comments.Still I have the responsibility towards other viewers in this forum.I think the people might have different business interest.But I don't wish to comment on that

userlondon
Newly Registered

Post by userlondon » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:36 pm

Prabhusankar wrote:
mulderpf wrote:

I have been watching this forum for last two years.It is not mandatory to register to view any of the post in this forum.But today I thought of give an answer for one of this quotes.So I registered in the same.Even I am not interested to reply for some stupid comments.Still I have the responsibility towards other viewers in this forum.I think the people might have different business interest.But I don't wish to comment on that
Yes Prabhu I too agree that.I can see in any post 'mulderpf ' ,'cs95tdg' are right behind the agents.I suspect he is one of them due to professional jealousy.He wants to keep away others.Please don't make other viewers desperate in this forum.This is not the right place.

paribus
United Kingdom

Post by paribus » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:34 am

userlondon wrote:
Yes Prabhu I too agree that.I can see in any post 'mulderpf ' ,'cs95tdg' are right behind the agents.I suspect he is one of them due to professional jealousy.He wants to keep away others.Please don't make other viewers desperate in this forum.This is not the right place.
Stop being silly. It is against the forum rules to advertise (PEO appointments or anything else). Go elsewhere and find someone to buy your scam services. The long arms of UKBA will catch up with you sooner or later.
We burn the midnight oil seeking for PEO appointments and up again early to resume our all-important jobs to keep us in the country. We are Highly Skilled Immigrants - in every sense of the word!

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:39 am

userlondon wrote:I suspect he is one of them due to professional jealousy.He wants to keep away others.Please don't make other viewers desperate in this forum.This is not the right place.
I am not an agent and I do not sell any appointments. This is a warning to others not to buy appointments. I have nothing to gain or lose from posting this warning - I am simply passing along the experience of another, hoping that people would take heed and be careful when dealing with these people, who are preying on immigrants when they are at a vulnerable point in the process. (I too was considering using these services for a while, and in hindsight, I'm glad that I didn't).

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:12 am

userlondon wrote:Yes Prabhu I too agree that.I can see in any post 'mulderpf ' ,'cs95tdg' are right behind the agents.
I do not wish to get into a debate over this rather ridiculous & unfounded comment, but will say this; I am neither an agent nor "right behind the agents" as you put it. I do not book or sell appointments for others under any circumstance.

I do however believe in warning/informing vulnerable applicants of possible scams, if they genuinely appear to be so. Anyone who makes posts under any of the forums on this website, should read the rules of this site before doing so.

using this forum to solicit for or promote personal business
Policy change regarding member websites

manojk005

Post by manojk005 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:55 pm

userlondon wrote:
Prabhusankar wrote:
mulderpf wrote:

It might be you as you have posted only few messages. I have been watching this forum for long and contributed too. Those two guys are equally contributing than advertising themselves and never saw anything unusual with their post.