ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Notarized copy of passport is not possible

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jagberg
Newly Registered

Notarized copy of passport is not possible

Post by jagberg » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:16 pm

I went to my embassy to have my passport notarized. They stamped my copy and on it said this is a true copy, signed by commissioner of oaths. I told them that wont do as it needs to be notarized. They told me its not possible to notarize a passport as they would have to staple and attach it to the passport. A notary testifies that what you signed before them is true. Do I have the correct document?

indian234

Post by indian234 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:38 pm

i had done my passport notarised from solicitors in my place. all solicitors will not do notorisation. but if u can meet any solicitor, they will atleast suggest which solicitor will notorise. in the beginning, even i got my passport stamped but i was suggested to get passport notorised and i done that. This is my experience and may clear your doubt.

regards

jagberg
Newly Registered

Post by jagberg » Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:44 pm

Thanks. Did your notarized copy have the round sticker put on it?

indian234

Post by indian234 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:17 pm

yes, it is red round sticker on all pages.