ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

From Tier1 to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

stargatespirit
Newly Registered

From Tier1 to ILR

Post by stargatespirit » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:57 pm

Hello,

I came to the UK in 2008 September under Tier 1 visa and have been told that I will be eligible for ILR after completing 5 years of Tier 1. However, along the way I have had some unavoidable circumstances that might may or may not jeopardize my ILR application. Hence, I'm looking for advices on following questions. I would highly appreciate your thoughtful advices.

1. My 3 years visa that was going to expire in September 2011 and I had to get an extension for another 2 years. But instead of waiting till September 2011, I applied in May 2011 since I was sent on on overseas work assignment for few months in May 2011, so I had to apply before that - Now the question: my visa obviously expires in May 2013 and I'm short of 4 months to complete my 5 years. So the dilemma is how can be eligible for 5 years ILR given 4 months short. What are my alternatives here.

2. Due to above I was out of the country for 4.5 month continuously without returning to the UK. Will this going to cause a problem?

3. What's the minimum income that you had to show when applying. Given I have started my business since a year and my income for last 12 months is much lower compared to previous years when I was employed.

4. When applying, do they look for my income statement and they also compare it with the UK bank statement. Because some income when directly to non-UK bank account. So income statement and bank statement might have discrepancy.

Again, your advices are highly appreciated.

Thanks,
SS

Bildor

Post by Bildor » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:38 pm

i would strongly suggest you read the Tier 1 settlement guidance to get a feel of the whole process and how it relates to your own case http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... chapter6a/

i could be wrong here, but based on the fact that your qualifying period is about 4months short, i think you will need to extend your leave further.

With regards to abscense, you are allowed 180 days in any 5 consecutive 12 months period preceding date of application. But you will need to give reasons for all abscences and you will need to provide evidence for serious or compelling reasons. You can read more on this http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:10 pm

1. You will require an extension to bridge the gap you have due to the early extension.

For 2, 3 & 4, Please begin by reading the SET(O) form, guidance, immigration rules and ....
FAQs for ILR - WP/Tier 2/HSMP/Tier 1 - Read before posting