ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Eligbility

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nearyetfar
Newly Registered

ILR Eligbility

Post by nearyetfar » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:37 pm

Hello Manci,

I am in Tier 2 ICT Visa since 2008 and thus assume that i am eligbile for Conversion to Tier 2 General and eligible for ILR on 5 years completion. I have few questions which i would be greateful if you can help to clarify:

1. For ILR eligbility, should i consider my date of visa staming in passport (or) date of port entry (or) date on which workpermit is issued. Few of friends told that i can consider the visa stamping and few also told that it can be workpermit date.
2. If its date of visa stamping then, my current visa is expiring in July 2018 2013 but i am eligible to apply for ILR on August 5th.

My question is:
1. Is there a possibility for me to apply for ILR on or few days before July 18th 2013 - This means it will be around 15 days less of Aug 5th (whcih will be 28 days before my 5 year completion).
2. If Yes, am i eligible to stay in UK while the ILR processing is with UKBA?
Kind Regards