ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employment Letter two month old

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MSAL
Newly Registered

Employment Letter two month old

Post by MSAL » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:48 pm

Does it acceptable if i apply with employment letter more than 28 days old.

As i have manage to sort all my documents but could not find an Appointment sooner. I found the appoint in Mid of Feb.

Now can i submit an employment letter dated : 6th Dec in 15 Feb....

Its just an hussle to request again if thats OK...

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:47 pm

If you are applying for a Tier 1 General extension and are using payslips and bank statements as evidence, an employment letter is not a mandatory requirement.

Kind Regards
Last edited by thebionicredneck2003 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mela

Post by Mela » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:03 pm

if OP sumbits the letter as proof of earnings that the letter shouldnt be more than one month old

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:53 am

Mela wrote:if OP sumbits the letter as proof of earnings that the letter shouldnt be more than one month old
No, an employment letter may be older than a month, there is no requirement for this to be dated within a month of application. But please make sure that the letter complies to all other requirements (Letter from employer) if using it for proof of earnings. If you are not using it for proof of earnings, do not submit it. (If you have payslips and bank statements, submit those instead).

tier1_applicant

Post by tier1_applicant » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:08 pm

mulderpf wrote:
Mela wrote:if OP sumbits the letter as proof of earnings that the letter shouldnt be more than one month old
No, an employment letter may be older than a month, there is no requirement for this to be dated within a month of application. But please make sure that the letter complies to all other requirements (Letter from employer) if using it for proof of earnings. If you are not using it for proof of earnings, do not submit it. (If you have payslips and bank statements, submit those instead).
Yes. There is no requirement that letter may not be older than a month except that it is dated after the earning period claimed as mentioned here:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... memployer/

One month rule (31 days) is applicable to bank statements for maintenance funds