ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Dependant

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jai_aus

ILR Dependant

Post by jai_aus » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:11 am

Hi everyone...

I was wondering if anyone could help me out on a couple of things...

Like many here, I'm also anxiously waiting on a 10 year ILR application. I applied on the 31st of August, got my by biometrics done end of October.

My first question is along the lines of a recent discussion. Currently I'm on a TIER 1 General Dependant visa, my wife is on TIER 1 General visa.

Our visa runs out in end of feb and I am thinking of making a FLR(m) for my wife and daughter (Born in uk).

Previously my wife was on PBS Dependant visa for more than two years and IGS dependant.

Can this be used to apply for ILR for my Wife or do I need to apply for FLR(m) and wait for 5 years before i apply for ILR for my WIfe.

In the set(0) document it states that the applicant who was on dependant visa and has spent 2 years will qualify for ILR and does not have to go through flr (m).

Please advice.

Regards,
Jai

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Re: ILR Dependant

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:29 am

jai_aus wrote:Hi everyone...

Like many here, I'm also anxiously waiting on a 10 year ILR application. I applied on the 31st of August, got my by biometrics done end of October.

My first question is along the lines of a recent discussion. Currently I'm on a TIER 1 General Dependant visa, my wife is on TIER 1 General visa.

Our visa runs out in end of feb and I am thinking of making a FLR(m) for my wife and daughter (Born in uk).

Previously my wife was on PBS Dependant visa for more than two years and IGS dependant.

Can this be used to apply for ILR for my Wife or do I need to apply for FLR(m) and wait for 5 years before i apply for ILR for my WIfe.

In the set(0) document it states that the applicant who was on dependant visa and has spent 2 years will qualify for ILR and does not have to go through flr (m).

Please advice.

Regards,
Jai
Lets sort the easy and important bit first - does your daugther currently possess any UK visa? If not, no need to do anything for her at this time. If she does possess a dependent visa, further analysis/discussion is required.

Lets wait what the experts have to say re your wife's options?
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

jai_aus

Re: ILR Dependant

Post by jai_aus » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:17 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:
jai_aus wrote:Hi everyone...

Please advice.

Regards,
Jai
Lets sort the easy and important bit first - does your daugther currently possess any UK visa? If not, no need to do anything for her at this time. If she does possess a dependent visa, further analysis/discussion is required.

Lets wait what the experts have to say re your wife's options?

Hi

Thanks for the Reply.My daughter is on Dependant Visa along with me which expires end of Feb.

Regards,
Jai