ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

outside UK no stamps

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

immirams

outside UK no stamps

Post by immirams » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:02 pm

Hello,

I will be eligible for ILR soon. I understand one can not stay outside uk for more than 180days during the qualification period. So, I was trying to calculate the days I travelled outside UK by going through the stamps in my passport. There I could find the dates I have travelled out of Europe, but the days I travelled to continental Europe, on few occasions I wasn't stamped especially when entering france (I used the eurotunnel or ferry). On those occasions I was stamped entering UK. During my last entry into the UK I enquired with the immigration officer whether there is any way I could find out the number of days outside UK. His response was they will have no clue as one never get stamped when leaving UK.

Now, how do I go on calculating the days?!! most of these visits are no more than a long weekend. As it was merely spending a weekend outside UK do I get a leniency.

thanks

xpscapable
Australia

Post by xpscapable » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:17 pm

Can you remember on top of your head the trips?

Use spreadsheet here helps for mine when calculating days out: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=64235

immirams

Post by immirams » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:18 pm

[quote="xpscapable"]Can you remember on top of your head the trips?

Use spreadsheet here helps for mine when calculating days out: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=64235[/quote

Thanks, I have made quite a lot of trips, so I can't remember ..I have to go through each and every stamp and find out and one thing do I need to count the day I leave and arrive or should I just count the days I am away physically

xpscapable
Australia

Post by xpscapable » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:21 pm

You only count the *full* day you're away from UK. The day you leave and enter is excluded from the calculation.