ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parking Charge Notice

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

oyeleyeo
Newly Registered

Parking Charge Notice

Post by oyeleyeo » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:48 pm

I am about making application for the BC and my wife picked a PCN in November. However, the car is registered to me name. Do I need to declare this in the application? Thanks.

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Re: Parking Charge Notice

Post by vinitmanu » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:19 pm

oyeleyeo wrote:I am about making application for the BC and my wife picked a PCN in November. However, the car is registered to me name. Do I need to declare this in the application? Thanks.
As I understood, as long as you don't have more than 1 FPN/PCN in the last 12 months, you should be OK.

Smam

Post by Smam » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:02 pm

Hi,

To the best of my knowledge it says that you can get away with one FPN/PCN with in 12 months time period before applying for your BC, but its the same case with me as well I just have recieved one FPN but that is endorseable 6 points on my driving license so I am really interested to know that what will happen with your application.

Please kindly keep us updated on the forum with your experience.

Many thnanks.

Good luck for your BC.

Smam

Post by Smam » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:03 pm

Hi,

To the best of my knowledge it says that you can get away with one FPN/PCN with in 12 months time period before applying for your BC, but its the same case with me as well I just have recieved one FPN but that is endorseable 6 points on my driving license so I am really interested to know that what will happen with your application.

Please kindly keep us updated on the forum with your experience.

Many thnanks.

Good luck for your BC.

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:45 pm

No, relax. Make sure that the parking charge notice (or more correctly, Penalty Charge Notice) is fully paid and settled before you apply for BC and you should be fine without even mentioning it. It is hardly worth mentioning before, as it is not a FPN. There are a few exceptions, like parking in certain tabu zones (emergency exists, zig zag lines, blocking fire and rescue services, etc.), but you normally don't get any points with a PCN and don't need to list them on your AN form.

Also see form AN, page 9: "You must give details of all unspent and spent criminal convictions. This includes road traffic offences but not fixed penalty notices (such as speeding or parking tickets) unless they were part of a sentence of the court."

It is true though, if you amass too many points on the licence, or more than one FPN in the last 12 months, your application would be badly affected.

ken218

Post by ken218 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:33 pm

Is it a PCN from council, or?

If the PCN is issued on private land by one of the parking control companies (i.e. UKPC), I think you can just ignore it.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/fo ... elp-please

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAIcdi9niHA

If it is from the council, pay it ASAP!!

Since your heading says "PARKING charge notice", I suspect it is from a private company. As these companies don't have legal right to issue "penalty" charges, they make their tickets look very similar to the penalty charges tickets issued by authorities, and try to make you pay the money.

oyeleyeo
Newly Registered

Post by oyeleyeo » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:48 pm

Thank you for your responses. However, I think there are 2 FPN/PCN in total. All these were picked by my wife and the car is registered to my name.

Please note the following from annex
“3.5.3 In determining whether an applicant meets the "good character" requirement, caseworkers should not normally take into account fixed penalty notices, unless the applicant has received numerous fixed penalty notices in the last 12 months, and this would suggest a pattern of behaviour that calls into question their character. Equally, a fixed penalty notice would not be disregarded if there were criminal proceedings for failure to pay and his led to a more serious penalty as a result. If an application is refused on the basis of either of these reasons, the applicant should be advised that he or she can reapply at a time when he or she does not have more than one fixed penalty notice in the twelve month period before making an application.”

My question here is “definition of numerous”

ken218

Post by ken218 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:50 pm

again, if the PCN is not issued by the council (or authorities), your case worker won't even be aware of it. Because the PCN won't be considered as a PCN in their standard.

oyeleyeo
Newly Registered

Post by oyeleyeo » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:10 pm

Both were issued by the council and have both were paid in time. Do I need to declare these?

ken218

Post by ken218 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:19 pm

I assume you will have to declare it and let the case worker decide?

The decision is up to the case worker, although most should agree the chance of successful application is 50%+

Sorry couldn't help much.

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Post by vinitmanu » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:49 pm

oyeleyeo wrote:Both were issued by the council and have both were paid in time. Do I need to declare these?
Did you have both PCN within the period of last 12 months?