ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Approval letter - from Council or UKBA?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

need_a_tier1

Approval letter - from Council or UKBA?

Post by need_a_tier1 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:05 pm

Hi Guys,

I am aware that if your naturalization application gets approved then UKBA sends approval letter by post.

But, some folks here have reported that they directly received letters from their council requesting them to book a date for the ceremony and did not get any letter from UKBA.

I was under an impression, that the approval letter from UKBA is quite important, as the applicant needs to book the date of the ceremony within 3 weeks of approval.

I have recently applied at NCS and need to know what to expect in the post.

Cheers,

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Re: Approval letter - from Council or UKBA?

Post by vinitmanu » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:15 pm

need_a_tier1 wrote:Hi Guys,

I am aware that if your naturalization application gets approved then UKBA sends approval letter by post.

But, some folks here have reported that they directly received letters from their council requesting them to book a date for the ceremony and did not get any letter from UKBA.

I was under an impression, that the approval letter from UKBA is quite important, as the applicant needs to book the date of the ceremony within 3 weeks of approval.

I have recently applied at NCS and need to know what to expect in the post.

Cheers,
Both letters come from UKBA. Generally, as the trend goes, people applying through NCS only gets the citizenship invitation letter. Also, that's the only letter you need to book your ceremony.

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Post by vinitmanu » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:17 pm

Also, have a look at the discussion regarding Approval letter and Invitation letter.

need_a_tier1

Post by need_a_tier1 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:20 pm

I know of some people who applied through NCS and received only approval letters directly from UKBA.

BTW, which council would send the citizenship invitation letter - the local council or the one where the applicant submitted the application at NCS?

In my case, I used a council nearby for NCS as it was cheaper.

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Post by vinitmanu » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:50 pm

need_a_tier1 wrote:I know of some people who applied through NCS and received only approval letters directly from UKBA.

BTW, which council would send the citizenship invitation letter - the local council or the one where the applicant submitted the application at NCS?

In my case, I used a council nearby for NCS as it was cheaper.
You get the invitation letter from UKBA to contact your local council unless you specified a different council on your form. Also, it doesn't matter where you apply as UKBA sends your certificate to your local council.