ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lam85
Newly Registered

Me too

Post by lam85 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:01 pm

rebeljenn wrote:Well, I'm missed spending Christmas with my family and friends in the states...and my brother's getting married today. So I am missing that too.

I am gutted and feeling really upset.

I submit my application at the beginning of September. I went through a solicitor. I passed the citizenship test in early July, so I had plenty of time. I told the solicitor my situation, and they didn't mention about waiting times. I assumed wrongly, I guess, that it would be quick. When the solicitor finally mentioned it, it was too late to get same-day in-person meeting to sort the application out. (The available slots were all one week after the expiration of the visa.) The solicitor said there was nothing I could do. I do wish they had told me earlier, as I said I wanted to be home for Xmas this year (I've had no holiday since May) and it is brother's wedding.

I've been in the UK over ten years now. I am applying based on the HSMP and its renewal. Before that, I had other work visas and student visas.

I am feeling so low right now.

Here's my timeline:

HSMP expiry on Oct 8, 2012. It's just me applying. I have no dependants.

Paperwork sent to solicitors at beginning of September.
Home Office took money on 13th September (it was cheque)
Biometrics letter received and completed at noon on same day (Nov 27)
Waiting....

1. Current visa: Further Leave to Remain
2. Date of expiry of current leave: Oct 8, 2012
3. Application form used for ILR: SET (M)
4. Number of dependants applying at same time: 0
5. Date application posted: paperwork sent to solicitor at beginning of Sept
6. Date application received at UKBA: 11 September, 2012 (I think)
7. Date payment debited: 13 September, 2012
8. Payment made : cheque
9. Acknowledgement letter received: ?
10. Biometric letter received: November 27, 2012
11. Date of biometrics Enrollment: November 27, 2012 (same day letter received)
12. Date of approval: WAITING
13. Date of return of passport and other documents: WAITING
14. Date BRP ILR Received: WAITING

I missed Christmas for the last 4 years because of my Visa and I have had to reschedule my flights multiple times... don't feel bad I am in the same situation... I am American too and my husband is British[/u]

lam85
Newly Registered

Post by lam85 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:08 pm

rebeljenn wrote:Well, I'm missed spending Christmas with my family and friends in the states...and my brother's getting married today. So I am missing that too.

I am gutted and feeling really upset.

I submit my application at the beginning of September. I went through a solicitor. I passed the citizenship test in early July, so I had plenty of time. I told the solicitor my situation, and they didn't mention about waiting times. I assumed wrongly, I guess, that it would be quick. When the solicitor finally mentioned it, it was too late to get same-day in-person meeting to sort the application out. (The available slots were all one week after the expiration of the visa.) The solicitor said there was nothing I could do. I do wish they had told me earlier, as I said I wanted to be home for Xmas this year (I've had no holiday since May) and it is brother's wedding.

I've been in the UK over ten years now. I am applying based on the HSMP and its renewal. Before that, I had other work visas and student visas.

I am feeling so low right now.

Here's my timeline:

HSMP expiry on Oct 8, 2012. It's just me applying. I have no dependants.

Paperwork sent to solicitors at beginning of September.
Home Office took money on 13th September (it was cheque)
Biometrics letter received and completed at noon on same day (Nov 27)
Waiting....

1. Current visa: Further Leave to Remain
2. Date of expiry of current leave: Oct 8, 2012
3. Application form used for ILR: SET (M)
4. Number of dependants applying at same time: 0
5. Date application posted: paperwork sent to solicitor at beginning of Sept
6. Date application received at UKBA: 11 September, 2012 (I think)
7. Date payment debited: 13 September, 2012
8. Payment made : cheque
9. Acknowledgement letter received: ?
10. Biometric letter received: November 27, 2012
11. Date of biometrics Enrollment: November 27, 2012 (same day letter received)
12. Date of approval: WAITING
13. Date of return of passport and other documents: WAITING
14. Date BRP ILR Received: WAITING
Hi,

you said you are applying on HSMP but you filled out set M? dont you have to apply for one or the other? Set M is for people married to British Citizens... are you Married to a British National? I believe set M is faster then Set O by a few months.... my uncle is also getting married today in the US and I am missing that too! I am in your same Boat! I haven't spent christmas with my family for 4 years because of this visa stuff I have been stuck in this country one to many times

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Re: ILR Date in case of postal applications !

Post by Spidery_thread » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:11 am

harshalj wrote:Can some one tell what is the date from which ILR starts in case of postal application ?
Normaly 3-10days before you receive the ILR approval.
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

klf
Newly Registered

Re: ILR approved

Post by klf » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:37 pm

ilr4july2012 wrote:I've been a silent follower of this board and the timelines were very helpful. I hope this will help others. Good luck with your applications.

Current visa: Tier-1(General)
Application form used for ILR: SET (O), No dependants
Date application posted: 4 July 2012
Date of biometrics Enrollment: 3 Sept 2012
Date of approval: 8 Jan 2013
Received approval letter with returned documents: 10 Jan 2013
BRP: They tried to deliver 11 Jan but we were't home. Will be redelivered next week.
I have an identical profile to this except my application was made on the 26th of June (a full week prior) yet I am still waiting. Is there any given order to how they process these applications?

Baxx

Post by Baxx » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:46 pm

Congrats!
My application was sent a month later, and some Aug applicants are getting the results back now, hopefully mine's next in line :)
Thank you for sharing the timeline :D
ilr4july2012 wrote:I've been a silent follower of this board and the timelines were very helpful. I hope this will help others. Good luck with your applications.

BRP: They tried to deliver 11 Jan but we were't home. Will be redelivered next week.

Baxx

Post by Baxx » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:54 pm

What I gathered from reading posts here;
SET (M) is processed quickest,
Followed by SET (O) postal made by individuals,
Followed by SET (O) postal made through solicitors / advisers.
I have a friend who worked for UKBA told me applications made through agents are set aside and processed separately, though not necessarily later, but from this forum it seems it takes the longest.

You are now waiting over 6 months, have you called UKBA and asked for progress?
klf wrote:

I have an identical profile to this except my application was made on the 26th of June (a full week prior) yet I am still waiting. Is there any given order to how they process these applications?

ccc
Newly Registered

Post by ccc » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:24 pm

• Set: O
    Application Date: 2012-11-05
    Payment Taken: 2012-11-07
    Acknowledgement Letter: 2012-11-09
    Biometric Letter: 2013-01-11
    Biometric Enrollment: 2013-01-14
    ILR: --
    Biometric Resident Permit
    s: --

sankar

Post by sankar » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:46 pm

I feel somehow positive. Because they receive similar calls every day and they look into everyone's statuses. I feel as if June submissions are getting finished and July is picking up. its good to grab more info if got a chance. next time...
tower wrote:
Alex1980 wrote:I, too have passed 6 month mark and have called UKBA to ask WTF is happening. Very politely lady said that its incomplete. Only thing they see on the computer screen is whether reply has been posted or not. They don't even know if it is a positive or a negative decision.

I have already written an email to my MP, sort of to celebrate 6 month of waiting. In two days I have had a reply from MP's secretary reassuring me that MP has sent request to Chief Executive of UKBA and once he hears back I will be informed. My understanding is that UKBA should reply to MP within 2 weeks time.

What I hope for is that UKBA representative will get box on the ears and will come up with a more informative reply to my MP, rather than "it's incomlete + please wait"
Alex , Please let us know what their response to the MP is . I applied SET(O) 11/07/2012 and am still waiting. UKBA today told me that it is still incomplete and I will have to continue to wait. She was also kind enough to let me know that by the looks of things, it will not be long before they “complete” the process. Not sure whether the last remark was to leave me with a positive thought or just a standard response for people who wait beyond 6 months.

klf
Newly Registered

Post by klf » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:34 am

Baxx wrote:What I gathered from reading posts here;
SET (M) is processed quickest,
Followed by SET (O) postal made by individuals,
Followed by SET (O) postal made through solicitors / advisers.
I have a friend who worked for UKBA told me applications made through agents are set aside and processed separately, though not necessarily later, but from this forum it seems it takes the longest.

You are now waiting over 6 months, have you called UKBA and asked for progress?
klf wrote:

Yes, three times (I call every Friday) - each time they just say they haven't made a decision.

My application was SET (O) no dependents (Tier 1 @+ HSMP) postal - no agent.

I wrote to my MP as well - I just got a letter in reply. It reads:

---

Thank you for your email regarding the problems you have been experiencing with the UK Border Agency.

As you may be aware, Members of Parliament do not have any direct jurisdiction over the decision taken by the UK Border Agency. In addition, the UK Border agency has states that letters from MPs about immigration and asylum matters will be answered with a "stock response" unless we have supplied evidence which is new to the file or have raised any new compassionate factors.

Given the nature of my seat I receive a number of enquiries from constituents every week requesting that I have their applications expedited as they need to travel for business purposes. The UKBA is very clear that it will only expedite applications for compassionate reasons (typically a family funeral or serious illness) and will not push applicants to the front of the queue for holiday or business travel purposes. Nevertheless I will be more than happy to make enquiries to at least establish what has happened to your application. I shall, of course, be back in touch as soon as I receive any response from the UK Border Agency regarding your case.

Thank you once again for taking the time and trouble to alert me to the delay in deciding your case.

Mark Field MP

Baxx

Post by Baxx » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:11 pm

That itself sounds like a "Stock Response"!
Hope the MP will actually do something for you.
Thank you for sharing this information with us!
klf wrote: Yes, three times (I call every Friday) - each time they just say they haven't made a decision.

My application was SET (O) no dependents (Tier 1 @+ HSMP) postal - no agent.

I wrote to my MP as well - I just got a letter in reply. It reads:

---

Thank you for your email regarding the problems you have been experiencing with the UK Border Agency.

As you may be aware, Members of Parliament do not have any direct jurisdiction over the decision taken by the UK Border Agency. In addition, the UK Border agency has states that letters from MPs about immigration and asylum matters will be answered with a "stock response" unless we have supplied evidence which is new to the file or have raised any new compassionate factors.

Given the nature of my seat I receive a number of enquiries from constituents every week requesting that I have their applications expedited as they need to travel for business purposes. The UKBA is very clear that it will only expedite applications for compassionate reasons (typically a family funeral or serious illness) and will not push applicants to the front of the queue for holiday or business travel purposes. Nevertheless I will be more than happy to make enquiries to at least establish what has happened to your application. I shall, of course, be back in touch as soon as I receive any response from the UK Border Agency regarding your case.

Thank you once again for taking the time and trouble to alert me to the delay in deciding your case.

Mark Field MP

tower
Newly Registered

Post by tower » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:59 pm

I have been following this forum since July last year and I finaly got my ILR and docs today. Bellow are my timelines.

Current visa: +HSMP Tier-1(General)
Application form used for ILR: SET (O), 2 dependants
Date application posted: 10 July 2012 via RM nextday
Date of biometrics Enrollment: 10 Oct 2012
Date of approval: 11th Jan 2013 (I actualy called them on the 11th which was my 6 months anniversary)
Received approval letter with returned documents & BRP: 15th Jan 2013

Thank you verymuch for all your support and good luck for those who are still waiting.

19eggs

Post by 19eggs » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:28 pm

Hello! Everybody,

Sorry to be away from the forum. I should have posted my revised timeline as soon as I received my BRP.

My timeline is as follows:

SET (O) - HSMP 2 Years + Tier 1 General 3 Years -- JR

-----------------------------------------------

HSMP / TIER 1 valid till - Tuesday 26th June 2012

Application posted - Sat 16th June 2012

Application reached - Monday 18th June 2012

Fees debited- Tuesday 19th June 2012 - Credit card

Acknowledgement letter received - Sat 23rd June 2012 - dated 19th June 2012

Biometric enrollment letter received - Sat 25th August 2012

Biometric taken at Golders Green Post Office - Tues 28th August 2012 - Cost £19.20 (Monday was a bank holiday)

Status: BRP received on the 7th of January 2013 along with while the "Royal Mail you were out card"

Collected the passport and documents on the 8th of January 2013.

Documents and BRP letter dated 3rd January 2013

Patience paid off...Phew and good luck to everybody.

sankar

ILR approved

Post by sankar » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:41 am

Hi All,
thanks all for your messages. At least it was a great relief to read messages from all and breath a while. I understand it was very frustrating for all of us and after several months we start panicing. Due to this forum I knew that most people are getting back their decisions by around 6 months and that made my life easy since I have crossed 6 months.

So, a small thank you to all who contribute in the forum and wish all the best who are still waiting for hearing a decision.

My case:
Application made for Set(O) - with 2 dependent (tier-1 visa)
Sent appl by post - 06-July-2012
Biometric scan done on - 08-Sep-2012
received passports and all documents - 15-Jan-2013
received ILR or BRP - 16-Jan-2013

Thanks.

feigoronin

Post by feigoronin » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:59 am

sankar wrote:Hi All,
thanks all for your messages. At least it was a great relief to read messages from all and breath a while. I understand it was very frustrating for all of us and after several months we start panicing. Due to this forum I knew that most people are getting back their decisions by around 6 months and that made my life easy since I have crossed 6 months.

So, a small thank you to all who contribute in the forum and wish all the best who are still waiting for hearing a decision.

My case:
Application made for Set(O) - with 2 dependent (tier-1 visa)
Sent appl by post - 06-July-2012
Biometric scan done on - 08-Sep-2012
received passports and all documents - 15-Jan-2013
received ILR or BRP - 16-Jan-2013

Thanks.
Congratulations! Sankar. Worth the wait, though 6 months is a way too long.

02augILR
Newly Registered

Post by 02augILR » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:35 pm

The day has come finally .... Received my approval letter and docs today...now waiting for BRP

Current visa: TIER 1 GENERAL
Application form ILR: SET (O) with 2 dependents
Application posted: 02-08-2012 (Special Delivery)
Date application received at UKBA: 3-08-2012
Acknowledgement letter received: 17-08-2012
Biometric letter received: 19-10-2012
Biometric Done: 19-10-2012
Approval letter : 16-01-2013

Baxx

Post by Baxx » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:22 pm

>sankar
Congrats! Patience really is a virtue in this waiting game...

>02augILR
I applied a day before, so mine should arrive soooon!!
Congrats!
Can you kindly update your timeline in August thread?
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#725652

anki2003

september applicant

Post by anki2003 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:49 pm

Hello

Anybody who applied in September heard anything from UKBA.

Please can anybody put the skydrive for SET M

ILtoWait
Newly Registered

ILR timelines

Post by ILtoWait » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:40 pm

Congratulations 02augILR and all the other August applicants that have had success recently. Its definitely good to see some progress is being made on these now (as well as the late June and July apps).

However I must admit its damn frustrating seeing the apparent inconsistent processing times. I am noticing that often my Biometric enrolment letter date is about 3-4 weeks later than other applications which were submitted 3-4 weeks AFTER mine - meaning a delay on my application of up to 8 weeks relative to others. I understand my application has gone to a caseworker in London (my local area) and wonder if that might be the reason: being a main office, perhaps they are more backlogged than the rest?

Anyone else have similar thoughts/experience?

sugadev

Re: ILR timelines

Post by sugadev » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:04 pm

ILtoWait wrote:Congratulations 02augILR and all the other August applicants that have had success recently. Its definitely good to see some progress is being made on these now (as well as the late June and July apps).

However I must admit its damn frustrating seeing the apparent inconsistent processing times. I am noticing that often my Biometric enrolment letter date is about 3-4 weeks later than other applications which were submitted 3-4 weeks AFTER mine - meaning a delay on my application of up to 8 weeks relative to others. I understand my application has gone to a caseworker in London (my local area) and wonder if that might be the reason: being a main office, perhaps they are more backlogged than the rest?

Anyone else have similar thoughts/experience?
Same here. I applied on 10.10.12 and had to call several times to get my bio metric (actually one sensible guy asked me to wait for 2 minutes and he confirmed that he had requested my bio metric invitations to be sent). I got my bio metric done on 21.12.12 where as people applied around same time as me (SET O applicants) had their bio metric done in last week of november. WTF...

sugadev

Suggestion to applicants

Post by sugadev » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:12 pm

A suggestion to all applicants who did not receive their bio metric after 8 weeks from the application date. Bombard them with calls every day unless you get some sensible person who can request your biometric invitation. Not sure how long I would have waited had I not called UKBA atleast 7 times in 2 weeks once my 8 week period was over.

Baxx

Post by Baxx » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:19 pm

I know why you say that, but it is also true that the more calls we make the less time they have to process our applications!

ILtoWait
Newly Registered

Biometric invitations

Post by ILtoWait » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:30 pm

Also, from my experience, irrespective of timeframes I believe nothing can be 'requested' until your application has landed on a caseworkers desk. Apparently at that point (or when they eventually get round to logging your application) the first thing that happens is the Biometric letter.

I called week in week out as well after 8 weeks but was told it hadn't reached a caseworker, so, you guessed it.....I had to wait.

I had to wait about 13 weeks all up for my letter. So I suppose my point is that some have to wait much longer to reach a caseworker than others.

skymoon

Post by skymoon » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:56 pm

19eggs wrote:Hello! Everybody,

Sorry to be away from the forum. I should have posted my revised timeline as soon as I received my BRP.

My timeline is as follows:

SET (O) - HSMP 2 Years + Tier 1 General 3 Years -- JR

-----------------------------------------------

HSMP / TIER 1 valid till - Tuesday 26th June 2012

Application posted - Sat 16th June 2012

Application reached - Monday 18th June 2012

Fees debited- Tuesday 19th June 2012 - Credit card

Acknowledgement letter received - Sat 23rd June 2012 - dated 19th June 2012

Biometric enrollment letter received - Sat 25th August 2012

Biometric taken at Golders Green Post Office - Tues 28th August 2012 - Cost £19.20 (Monday was a bank holiday)

Status: BRP received on the 7th of January 2013 along with while the "Royal Mail you were out card"

Collected the passport and documents on the 8th of January 2013.

Documents and BRP letter dated 3rd January 2013

Patience paid off...Phew and good luck to everybody.
Congratulation and good luck for future

neerukonda9
Newly Registered

Response from MP

Post by neerukonda9 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:15 pm

Below is the response from my local MP:

Thank you for the below email which has been received by Adam Holloway. Adam has phoned the UKBA today and they received your application and it is waiting to be considered. Unfortunately, due to the back log they are experiencing, they do not have a time scale for when this will be resolved. Adam also wrote to Rob Whiteman, the Chief Executive of the UK Border Agency, on 11th January and will send you a copy of the response he receives.

I am sorry that this is not the answer you were hoping to hear. If there is anything further that Adam can do to help then please let me know.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alex1980 wrote:I will post my MPs reply here once I will have it.

As for how long it takes, guys on telephone line, don't have this information, so any comment of their is just an encouragement.
tower wrote:
Alex1980 wrote:I, too have passed 6 month mark and have called UKBA to ask WTF is happening. Very politely lady said that its incomplete. Only thing they see on the computer screen is whether reply has been posted or not. They don't even know if it is a positive or a negative decision.

I have already written an email to my MP, sort of to celebrate 6 month of waiting. In two days I have had a reply from MP's secretary reassuring me that MP has sent request to Chief Executive of UKBA and once he hears back I will be informed. My understanding is that UKBA should reply to MP within 2 weeks time.

What I hope for is that UKBA representative will get box on the ears and will come up with a more informative reply to my MP, rather than "it's incomlete + please wait"
Alex , Please let us know what their response to the MP is . I applied SET(O) 11/07/2012 and am still waiting. UKBA today told me that it is still incomplete and I will have to continue to wait. She was also kind enough to let me know that by the looks of things, it will not be long before they “complete” the process. Not sure whether the last remark was to leave me with a positive thought or just a standard response for people who wait beyond 6 months.

smb20
Newly Registered

Post by smb20 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:33 pm

HSMP / TIER 1 valid till 5 July 2012

Application posted - June 20

Passport and docs received back today, 17/1

I called UKBA on 6 months, they couldn't tell me anything.

Too late for me to join my wife and son on holiday in NZ, they left on Sunday :( I'm still very relieved.

Pretty much took 7 months, not good enough really, wish I'd been able to get an express apt.

Good luck everyone, thanks to this forum, it's been a useful resource.