ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nats

timeline spread sheet

Post by nats » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:41 pm

Hi,
Can anyone post the link of the spread sheet. whats the average processing time going on now a days.. last week many of those who applied in May got good news.. HO people are sooo slow... I hope this coming week bring good news for June and July people.. I have applied in july.. 6 months gone and still waiting.. I have called HO and they said its under process yet.. its really frusturating.. does calling HO again and again put any pressure on them or not? I think those who answer the call have nothing to do with our case and no link with case worker. anyway below is my time line

Applied by Post = 13 July 2012
Acknowledgement Letter Received = 08 August
Biometric Letter = 18 October 2012
Biometric Done = 22 October 2012
Approval Letter = waiting...
BPR Recieved = waiting...

I wish I can replace waiting... with some actual date in next week :) good luck all

fazhaque

Re: still waiting for Bio...

Post by fazhaque » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:50 pm

Spidery_thread wrote:
fazhaque wrote:Its 4 month now and still haven't received biometric invitation letter..called HO last week and they don't have any update for me!!! Any idea what else can I do? Thanks
Don't involve your MP, that you have not received Biometric Invitation, call HO again and speak to a supervisor and explain the situation.

Your application time has started from the date of your application.

Leave MP's support beyond 6 months if you do not get a decision by then.
Hi guys thanks for your advise...i will call HO again next week. Hope things will be ok...it is so nerve wrecking to wait & wait & wait!!

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: timeline spread sheet

Post by Damanisshallo » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:14 pm

nats wrote:Can anyone post the link of the spread sheet.
How to access Skydrive
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

rohitchy
Newly Registered

contacting MP

Post by rohitchy » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:12 pm

Hi

Please someone help with writting letter/email to local MP- what and how to write. I am not sure what should I write to my MP to contact HO on my behalf. Can someone please send a draft letter which was sent to MP.

Many thanks.

Hyper-PK

[SKYDRIVE PATH]

Post by Hyper-PK » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:12 am

[SKYDRIVE PATH]

http://sdrv.ms/LpFy1N

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: contacting MP

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:34 am

rohitchy wrote:Hi

Please someone help with writting letter/email to local MP- what and how to write. I am not sure what should I write to my MP to contact HO on my behalf. Can someone please send a draft letter which was sent to MP.

Many thanks.
Use this link to search for your MP and draft your request. Its a usual email explaining the situation and state that you've now crossed the standard waiting time. Every individual is different and have different history. So, I wonder if a generic template would serve.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Khall75

ILR / FLR ?

Post by Khall75 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:47 pm

Hi,
I got my ILR(10 years base) last week, now bit confuse about my wife visa and need help.
My question is that my wife lived in uk with me on the following bases as a dependent:
Student dependent: August 2006 to December 2008.
Post study work visa( PSW) dependent: march 2009 to march 2011.
HSMP (PBS,tier 1 general) dependent July 2011 till present day and her PBS will expire in July 2013.
Should I apply for her FLR or ILR coz if the 2 years of PSW counts towards her probation of 2 years then she will be eligible for ILR? if it doesn't counts then her 2 years time will finish in July 2013 and now I hav to apply for her flrm, and then I July for ILR.
So what application should I submit now as I thing I got 28 days to apply for her after getting my ILR.
Plz help me out.
Thanks

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: ILR / FLR ?

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:13 pm

Khall75 wrote:Should I apply for her FLR or ILR coz if the 2 years of PSW counts towards her probation of 2 years then she will be eligible for ILR? if it doesn't counts then her 2 years time will finish in July 2013 and now I hav to apply for her flrm, and then I July for ILR.
So what application should I submit now as I thing I got 28 days to apply for her after getting my ILR.
FLR(M) followed by ILR.

ImmigrationBoards wrote: it appears that PBS dependants where PBS migrant has received settlement under long residence will continue to need to switch to FLR(M) in order to apply for settlement as and when they become eligible. If dependant has enough current leave that a decision on settlement application is expected to be received before expiry. Such dependants should apply for FLR(M) before they travel outside the CTA or before their current leave expires (whichever occurs first).
UKBA Page 10 wrote:Applicants who were granted leave to enter or remain as a PBS dependent before 9 July 2012, whose PBS partner gained indefinite leave to remain on the basis of long residence can under transitional provisions at A280 (C) apply for further leave under Part 8 of the Immigration Rules.
Have a look at what UKBA had said for a similar case.
Skydrives, Templates

stoorrey

Post by stoorrey » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:11 pm

Khall75 wrote:Hi,
I got my ILR(10 years base) last week, now bit confuse about my wife visa and need help.
My question is that my wife lived in uk with me on the following bases as a dependent:
Student dependent: August 2006 to December 2008.
Post study work visa( PSW) dependent: march 2009 to march 2011.
HSMP (PBS,tier 1 general) dependent July 2011 till present day and her PBS will expire in July 2013.
Should I apply for her FLR or ILR coz if the 2 years of PSW counts towards her probation of 2 years then she will be eligible for ILR? if it doesn't counts then her 2 years time will finish in July 2013 and now I hav to apply for her flrm, and then I July for ILR.
Plz help me out.
Thanks
Do you must have to apply for your wife Visa within 28 days? Is it written in the letter you got from Home Office along with your ILR? or you got it from somewhere else? Can some please expalin this, is it must to apply within 28 days when you get your ILR on the basis of 10 years long?

Khall75

Post by Khall75 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:23 pm

@stoorrey no it's not mentioned in the HO letter but some one told me that I got 28 days to apply for my wife after my ILR (10 years base). That's why I'm confused. Her probation of 2 years will finish in July 13 and I thought we will wait and in July will apply for ILR. And skip the FLR m as we hav no plans to travel outside uk.

stoorrey

Post by stoorrey » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:35 pm

Khall75 wrote:@stoorrey no it's not mentioned in the HO letter but some one told me that I got 28 days to apply for my wife after my ILR (10 years base). That's why I'm confused. Her probation of 2 years will finish in July 13 and I thought we will wait and in July will apply for ILR. And skip the FLR m as we hav no plans to travel outside uk.
i dont know much my self, but read in this forum, they say that your wife must switch to FLRm first after you get your ILR even if your wife has completed her probation period of 2 years as your dependant of Tier 1 general. They say the dependant must have to switch to FLR m first even for a single day and the next day she can apply for ILR.

I still dont know about 28 days..........??????????

Senior Members like , Damanisshallo and Spidery_thread can explain it better.
Last edited by stoorrey on Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Khall75

Post by Khall75 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:38 pm

That's the only point now I want to be sure about. To do it with in 28 days time or do it in my own time.
Thanks

Khall75

Post by Khall75 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:50 pm

Hello Damanisshallo and Spidery_thread what is ur opinion regarding this 28 days time.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:51 pm

Khall75 wrote:That's the only point now I want to be sure about. To do it with in 28 days time or do it in my own time.
Thanks
Follow this post. My suggestion is, either ways your partner need to change it to FLR(M). So why not get her FLR(M) ASAP and be ready with her SET(M) in July 2013. With the current waiting times on FLR(M) (Currently running from 6 - 9 Months) its advisable to make an application in person. However, there is an extra cost for this, the choice is completely yours.
Skydrives, Templates

BobbyUKENG

Re: timeline spread sheet

Post by BobbyUKENG » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:17 pm

Thanks.
Last edited by BobbyUKENG on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:49 pm

Khall75 wrote:Hello Damanisshallo and Spidery_thread what is ur opinion regarding this 28 days time.
Read this post
Skydrives, Templates

cheekyvirgin

Post by cheekyvirgin » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:13 pm

Kindly advice me what to do ? it has been over six month and did not hear from the home office yet .

zhenyu0807
Newly Registered

Post by zhenyu0807 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:12 pm

Hi Everybody,

My ILR Time line is following:

Application Sent : 18/08/2012
Payment Taken Out : 21/08/2012
Acknowledgement Letter Received : 25/08/2012 (Dated 22/08/2012)
Biometric Invitation Letter Received : 21/11/2012 (Dated 19/11/2012)
Biometric Done : 30/11/2012

Rest of the process: Waiting

Punjabis

Post by Punjabis » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:45 pm

Hi Everybody,

My ILR (10yr long residency)(6year student+4yrs tier1-hemp) Time line is following:

Application Sent : 28/06/2012
Payment Taken Out : 04/07/2012
Acknowledgement Letter Received : 06/07/2012
Biometric Invitation Letter Received : 18/07/2012
Biometric Done : 25/07/2012

Rest of the process: Waiting

Could you please advise, as it's over 6 months what is the right step moving forward. Apart from wait as my tier 1 visa is nearly finish in 2 months.

kebl303

Post by kebl303 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:21 am

[quote="Punjabis"]
Could you please advise, as it's over 6 months what is the right step moving forward. Apart from wait as my tier 1 visa is nearly finish in 2 months.[/quote]

Just more of the same good old fashioned waiting. I think at least 6 months waiting is the standard. I have waited 5 months now and no good news. I think there is just one post where they had to wait for more than nine months. Personally, I will not get worried until when I reach nine months.

K.
Last edited by kebl303 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

aniekan12
Newly Registered

Finally

Post by aniekan12 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:04 am

Application Sent : 02/07/2012
Payment Taken Out : 05/07/2012
Acknowledgement Letter Received : 08/07/2012
Biometric Invitation Letter Received : 02/09/2012
Biometric Done : 02/09/2012
ILR APPROVED: 14/01/2013
Document received: 15/01/2013

Keep faith, you will receive yours very soon.

jai_aus

Re: Finally

Post by jai_aus » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:52 pm

aniekan12 wrote:Application Sent : 02/07/2012
Payment Taken Out : 05/07/2012
Acknowledgement Letter Received : 08/07/2012
Biometric Invitation Letter Received : 02/09/2012
Biometric Done : 02/09/2012
ILR APPROVED: 14/01/2013
Document received: 15/01/2013

Keep faith, you will receive yours very soon.
Congrats aniekan12.. I hope I get mine soon too.. I just got a brilliant offer today for work and they need my passport...bummer.I dont know what to say..

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:01 pm

jai_aus wrote:I just got a brilliant offer today for work and they need my passport...bummer.I dont know what to say..
Since you've already submitted your biometrics you should be on the system. Please give them (Your Employer) this. However if they hesitate to help you out take this along with your Acknowledgement & Biometric invitation letter and ask them to have a look at Frequently Asked Questions->What is my immigration status while my application is being decided? from the link.

You can also show them section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971 from the Legislation.

But I also need to warn you that in-spite of having so many evidences, it purely depends on your luck and the person you are talking to. Coz not all HR's are well qualified. So Good luck. Also tell your employer that they request a response from UKBA using ECS and once they get a positive response it can be used for 12 months.
Skydrives, Templates

jai_aus

Post by jai_aus » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:15 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
jai_aus wrote:I just got a brilliant offer today for work and they need my passport...bummer.I dont know what to say..
Since you've already submitted your biometrics you should be on the system. Please give them (Your Employer) this. However if they hesitate to help you out take this along with your Acknowledgement & Biometric invitation letter and ask them to have a look at Frequently Asked Questions->What is my immigration status while my application is being decided? from the link.

You can also show them section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971 from the Legislation.

But I also need to warn you that in-spite of having so many evidences, it purely depends on your luck and the person you are talking to. Coz not all HR's are well qualified. So Good luck. Also tell your employer that they request a response from UKBA using ECS and once they get a positive response it can be used for 12 months.
Many Thanks Damanisshallo... I have attended 4 Interview rounds to get this offer and I dont want to lose this offer now.
I was being optimistic about the ILR and expected to get it by end December.

I will send them my Documents and refer them to the links you provided.I have to serve notice period in my current place anyway and I hope I get it by then.

Jai

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:44 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
Khall75 wrote:Should I apply for her FLR or ILR coz if the 2 years of PSW counts towards her probation of 2 years then she will be eligible for ILR? if it doesn't counts then her 2 years time will finish in July 2013 and now I hav to apply for her flrm, and then I July for ILR.
FLR(M) followed by ILR.

ImmigrationBoards wrote: it appears that PBS dependants where PBS migrant has received settlement under long residence will continue to need to switch to FLR(M) in order to apply for settlement as and when they become eligible. If dependant has enough current leave that a decision on settlement application is expected to be received before expiry. Such dependants should apply for FLR(M) before they travel outside the CTA or before their current leave expires (whichever occurs first).
UKBA Page 10 wrote:Applicants who were granted leave to enter or remain as a PBS dependent before 9 July 2012, whose PBS partner gained indefinite leave to remain on the basis of long residence can under transitional provisions at A280 (C) apply for further leave under Part 8 of the Immigration Rules.
Have a look at what UKBA had said for a similar case.

Hi Damanishallo, Spidery and others

quick question before I am f***ed up further. I am getting smoke from my ears now reading the immigration rules for the whole day

look at these two links

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... olicy1.pdf

read para 2

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

read 3.4

they are contrasting and apparently both of them came on 13 december 2012

what to follow. which one is correct form for my wife

I am on Tier 1 before I applied for this 10yr Long residency

Help Help Help!!!! please

My solicitor whom I believe to a large extent says that the PBS dependent is the new way to apply... what do u guys suggest