ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

successful ILR at Solihull - 17/01/2013

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

splashing

successful ILR at Solihull - 17/01/2013

Post by splashing » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:58 am

Many thanks to d forum.
My story - HSMP + tier 1 general .
Apptment was for 12.30pm.
Got there 12pm , my form was checked at the reception to make sure i came with the recent form (some pple were sent back due to outdated form. Honestly the staff at Solihull were so nice, the security man directed people to the library to go print new form and be back within 1 hour)
After my form was checked, ofcourse security check and was told to take my seat. I was given a number.
At 12.45pm, my number was called. I would say its favour and grace, the lady that interviewed me was extremely nice. We also got chatting. And she advised me to fill tier 1 pbs dependant form for my hubby and not FLR (M).
My case was straightforward - all Salaried, 51 days vacation in total of 5 years.
Docs submitted:
Life in the UK test result
Biometrics card
Payslips and bank statement (calculated my salary and checked to my payslip)
I was thru with her by 1.05pm and went to pay
After payment , waited for some mins to be called for my biometrics
By 1.30pm, I was told that payments and biometrics completed and no issues but i should leave and come back within 2 hrs. They were carrying out checks - criminal and something else, can’t remember.
Went back to the office around 3.15pm and i was given a leet and was told dat application successful and ilr granted and my biometrics card will be delivered to my house and someone must be there to sign for it.
In all went well
Thanks to you all.

skymoon

Post by skymoon » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:58 am

Congratulation and enjoy Indefinite stay in UK.

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Post by ilrupdates » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:13 pm

Congratulations on your success, you have mentioned that case worker did interview.please can you inform what questions were asked from you. Thanks

splashing

Post by splashing » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:39 pm

just asking about my salary, payslips, bank statement, if my form has been duly signed and also checked where i wanted my BRP card posted .

no major questions. just to check the necessary pages to be completed in the ofrm

SonyTinku4ILR

Post by SonyTinku4ILR » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:03 pm

Congratulations splashing

Did you take seperate appointment for your husband? And which service was it for FLR(M) or Tier 1 PBS Dependant?

I am also in the similar situation and going for ILR next month.
I have taken two appointments at Solihull
1. SET(O) for me being Main applicant (HSMP + Tier 1 General)
2. FLR(M) for my dependant(not completed 2 years) as it is very difficult to get Tier 1 PBS Dependant appointment.

Will they allow my dependant with FLR(M) appointment?

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Post by ilrupdates » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:28 pm

splashing wrote:just asking about my salary, payslips, bank statement, if my form has been duly signed and also checked where i wanted my BRP card posted .

no major questions. just to check the necessary pages to be completed in the ofrm
thanks for your reply and sharing your experience.

akash08

Post by akash08 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:47 pm

Just a word of caution for Solihull advising regarding dependent visa. One of my friend got ILR and applied for changing his dependent wife's visa from Tier -1 dependent to FLR(M). Solihull advised not to do this and said Tier 1(dependent) can continue. He was happily praising Solihull like anything for saving his money, being so helpful etc. only till he was detained at the airport for hours while coming back from India.

After lot of trouble he came out and only because he took in written from Solihull that it is they that advised him not to apply for FLR(M).

So, please be careful !!

They are friendly no doubt but UKBA guys at airport may not be same as them!!

splashing

Post by splashing » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:07 pm

Many thanks akash08.
thats really a word of caution. u know they tell u something at one PEO and u get to another PEO its another story.

@ SonyTinku4ILR, i booked my ILR for last week fri at solihull and another date for Glasgow for FLR(M) for my spouse as we did not get same day appointment.

however with akash08 advise, will fill both form i.e FLR(M) and Tier 1 pbs dependant form and take dem with us.
although we would insist on renewing his current tier 1 depedant visa instead of going on FLR (M). moreso, there is no urgent trip till when he would have completed his 2 years and change to ILR.

humanvoid

Re: successful ILR at Solihull - 17/01/2013

Post by humanvoid » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:54 pm

Congratulations,

did you submit your birth certificate?

Thank you

splashing

Post by splashing » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:00 am

No. didnt submit birth certifcate.
not a requirement in the form.

what do u need it for? if it for evidence for the age you are claiming, all d data when u first applied for the visa is in their database , i guess.. at least i wasnt asked for such. not even mainteanance fees or P60s.

lucky meee.

humanvoid

Post by humanvoid » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:42 am

splashing wrote:No. didnt submit birth certifcate.
not a requirement in the form.

what do u need it for? if it for evidence for the age you are claiming, all d data when u first applied for the visa is in their database , i guess.. at least i wasnt asked for such. not even mainteanance fees or P60s.

lucky meee.
Thanks for reply. You are correct, it is not required but this is one of things you would take "just in case" or "to be on safe side".

For some reason they did not return it with my extension documents.

SonyTinku4ILR

Post by SonyTinku4ILR » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:50 pm

techie_09 wrote:
congratulations Happyboy!
You said caseworker calculated "gross salary and net dividends". I was under impression gross dividend can be used as earnings. Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Also did you (assuming you are company director) sign and stamped your salary slips?

Thanks in advance.

gross salary and net dividends only.

My accountant provided me with formal Payslip
Is it not Gross Salary and Gross Dividends? Can a Senior Memeber please advise?

mark2915
Newly Registered

Re: successful ILR at Solihull - 17/01/2013

Post by mark2915 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:51 pm

[quote="splashing"]Many thanks to d forum.
My story - HSMP + tier 1 general .
Apptment was for 12.30pm.
Got there 12pm , my form was checked at the reception to make sure i came with the recent form (some pple were sent back due to outdated form. Honestly the staff at Solihull were so nice, the security man directed people to the library to go print new form and be back within 1 hour)
After my form was checked, ofcourse security check and was told to take my seat. I was given a number.
At 12.45pm, my number was called. I would say its favour and grace, the lady that interviewed me was extremely nice. We also got chatting. And she advised me to fill tier 1 pbs dependant form for my hubby and not FLR (M).
My case was straightforward - all Salaried, 51 days vacation in total of 5 years.
Docs submitted:
Life in the UK test result
Biometrics card
Payslips and bank statement (calculated my salary and checked to my payslip)
I was thru with her by 1.05pm and went to pay
After payment , waited for some mins to be called for my biometrics
By 1.30pm, I was told that payments and biometrics completed and no issues but i should leave and come back within 2 hrs. They were carrying out checks - criminal and something else, can’t remember.
Went back to the office around 3.15pm and i was given a leet and was told dat application successful and ilr granted and my biometrics card will be delivered to my house and someone must be there to sign for it.
In all went well
Thanks to you all.[/quote].

Congrats!

May i ask you some question regarding your partner application for FLR(M) instead the case worker asked to you fill the pbs dependent. As my case also like same.

I would be eligible for ILR and going to apply end of this month using SET(O) application and currently i m on Tier 1 general and my wife is dependent visa but she would not eligible for ILR.

So we planned to have FLR(M) for her and SET O for me.

Why the case worker asked for your husband to go for PBS dependent form instead FLR(M). Please can you explain us so that we would also make ourselves ready accordingly.

Thanks in advance