ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal (hearing)- adjourned

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mjocker
Newly Registered

Appeal (hearing)- adjourned

Post by mjocker » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:24 pm

Dear friends,

I've applied for a residency card as my wife is an EU resident and my application has been refused because her payslips had a mistake on them.
I went for an appeal on the 17th of December but it was adjourned to the 25th of January because the home-office needed time to check the authenticity of my wife's new payslips.

The judge has given the home-office directions:
(i)Home Office to indicate, in writing to both Appellant and to the Tribunal whether
(a) The case is to be withdrawn.
(b) To continue on present basis.
(c) To include any alternative grounds.

(ii) Aforementioned notification to be made not later than Friday 21st December 2012.

Till today, neither myself nor the tribunal has received in notification from the Home Office.

What is the smartest move to make in this case??

Thanks in advance

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:45 am

HO might want to pursue appeal. They tend to usually ignore direction. Unless you hear itherwise from them in writing, i will advice you appear at the tribunal.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:46 pm

Obie wrote:HO might want to pursue appeal. They tend to usually ignore direction. Unless you hear itherwise from them in writing, i will advice you appear at the tribunal.
I agree. I would go.

Please let us know the outcome.

mjocker
Newly Registered

Post by mjocker » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:31 pm

Thank you guys, I'll let you know the outcome.
I was thinking, should I write them a letter? maybe they'll decide to drop the case...

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:24 pm

mjocker wrote:Thank you guys, I'll let you know the outcome.
I was thinking, should I write them a letter? maybe they'll decide to drop the case...
You would have no guarantee that it would be received, acted on, and replied to before the 25th (approx 10 days from now!).

mjocker
Newly Registered

Post by mjocker » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:48 pm

Dear Friends,

I won the appeal! The judge asked the Home Office to allow my application for residency card.

What's the next step now? Beside my passport, what other documents should I send to the Home Office to get my residency card?

Many Thanks,

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:57 pm

Wait for 8-12 weeks and you will receive your residence card on the post, provided of course there is no further appeal.

Given the circumstances of your case, this may not be the case.

mjocker
Newly Registered

Post by mjocker » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:09 pm

Hello,

Thanks for your reply Obie.

I'm sorry but when they've refused my application, they've sent me back both my wife passport and mine.
Do I have to send the passports back and then wait 8-12 weeks?
I actually didn't understand...

mobismome

Post by mobismome » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:41 pm

mjocker wrote:Hello,

Thanks for your reply Obie.

I'm sorry but when they've refused my application, they've sent me back both my wife passport and mine.
Do I have to send the passports back and then wait 8-12 weeks?
I actually didn't understand...
if you like send your passport but i recommend you dont send let them issue ur rc in an immigration document

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:59 pm

If there is no further appeal, you could send the determination together with your passport to the official who refused your initial application,and ask him or her to affix your residence Card on your passport rather than a status document. Make sure it is sent by special delivery and keep the details.

mjocker
Newly Registered

Waiting for residency card!!

Post by mjocker » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:58 pm

Dear Friends,

I've received a letter from the Home Office saying that they've withdrawn the decision of refusal (to issue residency card) and also I've received a letter from the tribunal saying that the Respondent (home office) has withdrawn the original decision.

The issue is that I've a BIG emergency, I need to travel to my home country because my grand-mother is seriously ill and about to pass away "according to her doctor at the clinic". The issue is that I haven't received my residency card yet and I've been waiting since the 25th of January.

Can you please help me? I don't know what to do?
Should I send to the home office the proof like a medical certificate, doctor statement or photos of grand-mother medical case hoping that it will make the home office to process faster?

Many Thanks,