ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

H1B Admission at Port of Entry

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sbaner1
Newly Registered

H1B Admission at Port of Entry

Post by sbaner1 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:00 am

Hi,

I have a question on behalf of a friend of mine. She is in India currently and has an H1B visa through a multi-national corporation. She recently got a couple of great offers for jobs in the US through other companies. Would she face a problem at the port of entry in the US if she were to travel to the US with her existing H1B? Once in the US, She would then transfer the H1B to update the recent employer info.

It would be great if I could have an input on this.

Thanks,
sbaner1

bzuccaro
Newly Registered

Re: H1B Admission at Port of Entry

Post by bzuccaro » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:27 pm

sbaner1 wrote:Hi,

I have a question on behalf of a friend of mine. She is in India currently and has an H1B visa through a multi-national corporation. She recently got a couple of great offers for jobs in the US through other companies. Would she face a problem at the port of entry in the US if she were to travel to the US with her existing H1B? Once in the US, She would then transfer the H1B to update the recent employer info.

It would be great if I could have an input on this.

Thanks,
sbaner1
Is she still working for the employer that sponsored her original H-1B? If not, that may pose a problem during any attempt to enter the U.S. It may also be problematic for any potential H-1B transfer petition.

sbaner1
Newly Registered

Post by sbaner1 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:00 am

She is still working for the company who sponsored her H1B. However, before she goes to the US and joins the new company, she has to formally resign from the company which sponsored her H1B. Would that pose a problem for her at the port of entry?