ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eligibilty

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zainoor1

eligibilty

Post by zainoor1 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:02 pm

hi..
please write me back that am i eligible for british nationality bcause some people said yes and some said no so im seeking advice before apply

there is fee of almost £850 so i don,t wana loose it. my case is as,

i came in uk from pakistan as student visa on = september, 2007

then i got certificate of approval in october,2009 for marriage while i was still on student visa.

then i registered my marriage in december, 2009 in registerar office. but i was still on student visa.

in march,2010 i got two years spouse visa.

then july,2012 i got ILR.

im still living with my family and we have two kids,

some solicitors advice me that i am eligible to apply for naturalization/british nationality because i ,ve completed three years from date of marriage to current date and i don,t

need to wait one year after ilr. and im not out of uk more than 90 days in three years,

but some told me that i have to wait one year from the date of when i received my ilr.

so im confused now and i just need your help as confirmation that

am i eligible or not now.

jaffar
- thin ice -

Post by jaffar » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:09 pm

Hi Zainoor1

is ur spouse is holding British Nationality and if it is yes,then you can apply for Naturalisation as long as you have completed three years of stay in uk.

If your spouse is not holidng british nationality,u need to wait one year after you got ILR provided you meet the residential requirements.

Regards
Jaffar

zainoor1

Post by zainoor1 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:29 pm

jaffar wrote:Hi Zainoor1

is ur spouse is holding British Nationality and if it is yes,then you can apply for Naturalisation as long as you have completed three years of stay in uk.

If your spouse is not holidng british nationality,u need to wait one year after you got ILR provided you meet the residential requirements.

Regards
Jaffar
yes she is british born and my concern only is eligibilty period like

will they count from date of marriage or spouse visa or ilr ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:27 pm

I answered your question here :

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=123267

Please keep your questions to one post if they are the same topic.

Thanks
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.