ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reapply immediately or after 12 months?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

need_a_tier1

Reapply immediately or after 12 months?

Post by need_a_tier1 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:01 pm

If someone's naturalization application gets rejected, then can the applicant re-apply immediately or is there a rule that one can reapply only after 12 months of rejection.

need_a_tier1

Post by need_a_tier1 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:38 pm

anyone?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:01 pm

What was the reason for refusal?
It stands to reason that a person can reapply once they meet all the requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Re: Reapply immediately or after 12 months?

Post by vinitmanu » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:32 pm

need_a_tier1 wrote:If someone's naturalization application gets rejected, then can the applicant re-apply immediately or is there a rule that one can reapply only after 12 months of rejection.
If I understand correctly, you have just applied for your naturalisation? Or is this related to someone you know?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:35 pm

@vinitmanu - I have seen now that the OP is posting numerous questions on the forum relating to the same thing.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Post by vinitmanu » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:43 pm

CR001 wrote:@vinitmanu - I have seen now that the OP is posting numerous questions on the forum relating to the same thing.
Hi CR001, you are right ! I was confused when I saw this particular topic from OP !

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:49 pm

@vinitmanu - it must be nerves, which is understandable, but annoying with multiple post for those of us who spend our precious free time helping others!!

@need_a_tier1- just relax, if you have submitted your application with all the required documents, there is nothing you can do until you hear from them!! It takes anything from 4 weeks to 6 months for approval if you meet all the requirements and there are no issues regarding your application. Worrying will make you ill, so enjoy your trip away for a few weeks and maybe the little brown envelope is in your post box when you come back.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Post by vinitmanu » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:53 pm

CR001 wrote:@vinitmanu - it must be nerves, which is understandable, but annoying with multiple post for those of us who spend our precious free time helping others!!

@need_a_tier1- just relax, if you have submitted your application with all the required documents, there is nothing you can do until you hear from them!! It takes anything from 4 weeks to 6 months for approval if you meet all the requirements and there are no issues regarding your application. Worrying will make you ill, so enjoy your trip away for a few weeks and maybe the little brown envelope is in your post box when you come back.
@CR001 - I guess you are right. It maybe all down to nerves.

@need_a_tier - like CR001 said, just relax. All I can say is good luck and if everything is in order, you don't need to worry.

need_a_tier1

Post by need_a_tier1 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:46 pm

Sorry for the confusion guys. Yes, your're correct, I am slightly nervous.

If you feel that I have asked the same question in multiple threads, please let me know and I will request the mods to club the threads.

It is a long journey to naturalization, and I don't want to stumble at the last point, hence so many questions.

BTW, this question was just to know what to do, if in the worst case the application is rejected.

I did a brief search of the board and couldn't find the info, but I will try again.

Thanks for all your help guys, this forum has been of great help.