ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Not been working for the last six months-can I still apply?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sudham
Newly Registered

Not been working for the last six months-can I still apply?

Post by sudham » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:04 pm

Hello all,

I recently moved to the UK on a dependant visa after quitting my previous job, and now have been unemployed for the last six months. I am thinking of applying for HSMP before I join a company in the UK, and was wondering what the forum would suggest. If I apply now, effectively I would be applying with salary slips from my previous company, for Feb 2006 to Aug 2006 (according to the clause of submitting salary slips for 12 months over a 15 month period). Would this be prorated? Or can I submit proofs from Sept 2005 to Aug 2006 to be considered?

Also, does anyone know how my 6 months' unemployment would affect my chances of getting the HSMP? Would you suggest I wait a few more months and apply after getting a new job in the UK?

Thanks in advance,
SM

sudham
Newly Registered

Post by sudham » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:30 am

Ideas anyone?

SM

sia2001

Post by sia2001 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:41 am

i think u can submit yr old payslips in either of 2 cases.
if u were student in uk under full time study or
u are in full time employment in uk for past one year. they need to see the proof of yr bank stat, payslips and tax return of previous year. u can claim your previous employment in any period if you have been in uk on legal student visa.. that what i think. any body can add...
cheers

sia2001

Post by sia2001 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:44 am

i think u can only claim yr previous earnings in any period if you are in uk on full time study. not 100% can anybody suggest...

sudham
Newly Registered

Post by sudham » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:45 am

Thanks for your reply.

I am not sure if you got my query, what I was trying to say is that I have been on a job break/vacation for the last six months, and hence the question of whether that would affect my chances for the HSMP. I am not doing either full or part time study.

Thanks,
SM