ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian passport for child born in UK.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sera
Newly Registered

Indian passport for child born in UK.

Post by sera » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:09 pm

I my husband and my elder son got our ILR this month i.e january 2013
My younger son was born in UK in july 2011.
We just registered his birth then, but did not take any Indian passport for him,as it says once the parent get their ILR, the child born in UK directly qualifies for british citizenship.
I have seen cases where people have taken Indian passport at first and then applied for MN1 and surrendered the indian passport after the child got the british passport.(which is actually not needed)
My query is, Is there any benefit in taking Indian passport before applying for MN1 for my younger son?

Regards,
Sera.

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Re: Indian passport for child born in UK.

Post by kiranchinnu » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:42 am

sera wrote:I my husband and my elder son got our ILR this month i.e january 2013
My younger son was born in UK in july 2011.
We just registered his birth then, but did not take any Indian passport for him,as it says once the parent get their ILR, the child born in UK directly qualifies for british citizenship.
I have seen cases where people have taken Indian passport at first and then applied for MN1 and surrendered the indian passport after the child got the british passport.(which is actually not needed)
My query is, Is there any benefit in taking Indian passport before applying for MN1 for my younger son?

Regards,
Sera.
You dont need to take Indian Passport ,As far I know there is no real benifit for taking Indian Passport and then surrendering it when you have British passport.
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

sera
Newly Registered

Re: Indian passport for child born in UK.

Post by sera » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:13 pm

You dont need to take Indian Passport ,As far I know there is no real benifit for taking Indian Passport and then surrendering it when you have British passport.[/quote]

Thankyou so much for your reply. We have decided to go for British passport directly.

Regards,
Sera.