ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Docs reqmnt T1 dependant extn and N. born-separate appl.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

singh1975
Newly Registered

Docs reqmnt T1 dependant extn and N. born-separate appl.

Post by singh1975 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:43 pm

Hello,

Going through number of posts on this forum and guidance notes, I am confused regarding documents one needs to submit for in-country application for EXTENSION OF dependant spouse visa and NEW APPLICATION for child born in the UK where the dependant application is being sent separately from the main T1 applicant. I therefore look forward for Senior members to clarify based on documented guidance.

My understanding from the guidance notes for the two application types is as follows:

Documents for dependant spouse
i)Proof of funds
ii)passport photo
iii) and filled in dependant application form.
iv) Visa fees
There is no requirement to send Marriage Certificate OR Main applicants passport / BRP copy.

Documents for Child born in the UK
i)Proof of funds,
ii)passport photo
iii) filled in dependant application form.
iv) Visa fees
v) Additionally, full UK Birth Certificate showing the names of both parents
There is no requirement to send copy or original for main applicants passport or BRP.

Looking forward for a complete response.
Thanks
Sanj

askhan
United Kingdom

re

Post by askhan » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:53 pm

if you are applying by post then include marriage certificate and detailed birth certificate regardless of what is required or not.
Kind Regard,
A.Khan
-------------------------

nextweek
BANNED

Re: Docs reqmnt T1 dependant extn and N. born-separate appl.

Post by nextweek » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:57 pm

singh1975 wrote:Hello,

Going through number of posts on this forum and guidance notes, I am confused regarding documents one needs to submit for in-country application for EXTENSION OF dependant spouse visa and NEW APPLICATION for child born in the UK where the dependant application is being sent separately from the main T1 applicant. I therefore look forward for Senior members to clarify based on documented guidance.

My understanding from the guidance notes for the two application types is as follows:

Documents for dependant spouse
i)Proof of funds
ii)passport photo
iii) and filled in dependant application form.
iv) Visa fees
There is no requirement to send Marriage Certificate OR Main applicants passport / BRP copy.

Documents for Child born in the UK
i)Proof of funds,
ii)passport photo
iii) filled in dependant application form.
iv) Visa fees
v) Additionally, full UK Birth Certificate showing the names of both parents
There is no requirement to send copy or original for main applicants passport or BRP.

Looking forward for a complete response.
Thanks
Sanj
Add this documents too

1 Marriage certficate
2. Main applicant passport and BRP card
3 Write your name behind the photo

singh1975
Newly Registered

Re: Docs reqmnt T1 dependant extn and N. born-separate appl.

Post by singh1975 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:23 pm

Add this documents too

1 Marriage certficate
2. Main applicant passport and BRP card
3 Write your name behind the photo
Hi 'Next week': Many Thanks for your reply. I agree regarding your point 3, on writing applicants name behind the photo. This is a requirement that is mentioned on the form. But can you clarify as to where is it mentioned that for Tier1 dependant application extension you also need to send the marriage certificate and the main applicants passport and BRP card. Appreciate that sending more documents will not harm your application, but I just want to be clear on what is the mandatory minimum set. Sending main applicant's passport would mean that his passport is also stuck with all the other documents pertaining to the dependants application.[/quote]

singh1975
Newly Registered

Re: re

Post by singh1975 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:28 pm

askhan wrote:if you are applying by post then include marriage certificate and detailed birth certificate regardless of what is required or not.
Hi Ash: Many thanks for your reply. Do you mean detailed birth certificate of the New Born? If so, yes that is a requirement documented in the guidance.
Regarding marriage certificate, I was not able to find anywhere where it says you need to submit the marriage certificate (original or copy). Can you help be by referencing to any documented material on UKBA site.

askhan
United Kingdom

re

Post by askhan » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:37 pm

when you are filling section N, then how do you justify that ?

N1 : Spouse ?
Kind Regard,
A.Khan
-------------------------