ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

philwafc

Post by philwafc » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:34 am

I know. It was too late for her to take an English Language test for a FLR application is what I was implying. (because her spouse visa was expiring)

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:59 pm

rang ukba about biometric letter the guy on the phone states that because of the backlog thats why they are taking so long to send out biometric letter....

Basit90
Newly Registered

Post by Basit90 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:46 pm

Date Applied:29.06.12
Acknowledgment Letter:07-07-12
Biometrics letter:12-01-13 Finally.
Biometrics Done At PO:14-01-13
BRP:Waiting

All de best every1..

Amid
Newly Registered

Post by Amid » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:55 am

Hi guys I have a question,hope you don't find me silly. After doing some research and speaking to a few solicitors, I learn that Zambrano is not going to be successful for me,and FLRO,section 8 would be best. I'm going to apply for DLR based on my child who have a british pass port because of her british dad. Am the sole carer but an 8years overstayer,am so embarrass by this,I could not even take my child home for my parents to see. Close family member died and I could not even show my face. Now my question is after reading all the comments from you helpful guys, I realise the waiting time can be about 12 months. I was thinking what if I book an appointment for application in person,would that help to minimize the waiting time? And more important,would it help me to get the biometric ID or letter same day? (laughing at myself) lol. I know application in person cost more but is there any benefits doing it that way? I'm planning to make this application myself I don't have £800 solicitor fee.

manjayx
Newly Registered

RE

Post by manjayx » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:10 am

Amid wrote:Hi guys I have a question,hope you don't find me silly. After doing some research and speaking to a few solicitors, I learn that Zambrano is not going to be successful for me,and FLRO,section 8 would be best. I'm going to apply for DLR based on my child who have a british pass port because of her british dad. Am the sole carer but an 8years overstayer,am so embarrass by this,I could not even take my child home for my parents to see. Close family member died and I could not even show my face. Now my question is after reading all the comments from you helpful guys, I realise the waiting time can be about 12 months. I was thinking what if I book an appointment for application in person,would that help to minimize the waiting time? And more important,would it help me to get the biometric ID or letter same day? (laughing at myself) lol. I know application in person cost more but is there any benefits doing it that way? I'm planning to make this application myself I don't have £800 solicitor fee.
You can not make an application at in person due the complexity of your cast and for the fact you are an over stayer. New rules was published that may affect you as an over stayer - http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... family-mig

justice12
Algeria

Re: RE

Post by justice12 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:59 am

[quote="manjayx"][quote="Amid"]Hi guys I have a question,hope you don't find me silly. After doing some research and speaking to a few solicitors, I learn that Zambrano is not going to be successful for me,and FLRO,section 8 would be best. I'm going to apply for DLR based on my child who have a british pass port because of her british dad. Am the sole carer but an 8years overstayer,am so embarrass by this,I could not even take my child home for my parents to see. Close family member died and I could not even show my face. Now my question is after reading all the comments from you helpful guys, I realise the waiting time can be about 12 months. I was thinking what if I book an appointment for application in person,would that help to minimize the waiting time? And more important,would it help me to get the biometric ID or letter same day? (laughing at myself) lol. I know application in person cost more but is there any benefits doing it that way? I'm planning to make this application myself I don't have £800 solicitor fee.[/quote]

You can not make an application at in person due the complexity of your cast and for the fact you are an over stayer. New rules was published that may affect you as an over stayer - http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... family-mig[/quote]

( complexity of your case ) this rules doe's not affect her application as she will apply out with the rules , don't advice people if you don't know a thing !!!! she can apply under article 8 human right and her application(FLRO) will be 100% valid and she will get her 30 month visa .

manjayx
Newly Registered

Post by manjayx » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:04 am

justice12 wrote:
manjayx wrote:
Amid wrote:Hi guys I have a question,hope you don't find me silly. After doing some research and speaking to a few solicitors, I learn that Zambrano is not going to be successful for me,and FLRO,section 8 would be best. I'm going to apply for DLR based on my child who have a british pass port because of her british dad. Am the sole carer but an 8years overstayer,am so embarrass by this,I could not even take my child home for my parents to see. Close family member died and I could not even show my face. Now my question is after reading all the comments from you helpful guys, I realise the waiting time can be about 12 months. I was thinking what if I book an appointment for application in person,would that help to minimize the waiting time? And more important,would it help me to get the biometric ID or letter same day? (laughing at myself) lol. I know application in person cost more but is there any benefits doing it that way? I'm planning to make this application myself I don't have £800 solicitor fee.
You can not make an application at in person due the complexity of your cast and for the fact you are an over stayer. New rules was published that may affect you as an over stayer - http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... family-mig

( complexity of your case ) this rules doe's not affect her application as she will apply out with the rules , don't advice people if you don't know a thing !!!! she can apply under article 8 human right and her application(FLRO) will be 100% valid and she will get her 30 month visa .

Please read before running your ignorant thoughts, she can not make an application in person at one of the UKBA PEO offices. If you read her question; that was what she asked. An over stayer case is considered complex. Idiot

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:06 am

What the previous person said is that she cannot apply in person due to the complexity of the case, which is correct.

manjayx
Newly Registered

Post by manjayx » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:12 am

justice12 wrote:
manjayx wrote:

FYI -

• Caseworkers will continue to have discretion to consider exceptional cases.
Applicants who have overstayed by more than 28 days may provide evidence of
exceptional circumstances which prevented them from submitting their application intime.
• A breach of immigration laws by remaining in the UK beyond a period of leave to
enter or remain will not be a determinative factor when considering applications under
the following circumstances:
- The applicant has a dependent child under the age of 18 years who is a British
citizen or who has lived in the UK for at least the preceding seven years, and it
would be unreasonable to expect the child to leave the UK; or
- The applicant has lived in the UK for more than 20 years; or
- The applicant is seeking leave to remain as a victim of domestic violence or as
a bereaved partner.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:23 am

[quote="manjayx"][quote="justice12"][quote="manjayx"][quote="Amid"]Hi guys I have a question,hope you don't find me silly. After doing some research and speaking to a few solicitors, I learn that Zambrano is not going to be successful for me,and FLRO,section 8 would be best. I'm going to apply for DLR based on my child who have a british pass port because of her british dad. Am the sole carer but an 8years overstayer,am so embarrass by this,I could not even take my child home for my parents to see. Close family member died and I could not even show my face. Now my question is after reading all the comments from you helpful guys, I realise the waiting time can be about 12 months. I was thinking what if I book an appointment for application in person,would that help to minimize the waiting time? And more important,would it help me to get the biometric ID or letter same day? (laughing at myself) lol. I know application in person cost more but is there any benefits doing it that way? I'm planning to make this application myself I don't have £800 solicitor fee.[/quote]

You can not make an application at in person due the complexity of your cast and for the fact you are an over stayer. New rules was published that may affect you as an over stayer - http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... family-mig[/quote]

( complexity of your case ) this rules doe's not affect her application as she will apply out with the rules , don't advice people if you don't know a thing !!!! she can apply under article 8 human right and her application(FLRO) will be 100% valid and she will get her 30 month visa .[/quote]

Please read before running your ignorant thoughts, she can not make an application in person at one of the UKBA PEO offices. If you read her question; that was what she asked. An over stayer case is considered complex. Idiot[/quote]

The link you put in your comment doe's not relate to her application idiot !!! from your profile you did apply for an Extention of your DLR so why you don't tell her the right thing to do .

manjayx
Newly Registered

Post by manjayx » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:29 am

justice12 wrote:
manjayx wrote:
justice12 wrote:
manjayx wrote:

Please read before running your ignorant thoughts, she can not make an application in person at one of the UKBA PEO offices. If you read her question; that was what she asked. An over stayer case is considered complex. Idiot
The link you put in your comment doe's not relate to her application idiot !!! from your profile you did apply for an Extention of your DLR so why you don't tell her the right thing to do .

You are ignorant fool, SHE CAN NOT APPLY IN PERSON ONLY VIA POST....

Her case will be considered complex because she overstayed her visa. READ HER QUESTION!!!!!!!

Amid
Newly Registered

Post by Amid » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:37 pm

Thanks for the replies guys,but let's just keep it civil,I really need the info and do appreciate the advise. By the reply I realise I can not present the application in person so that is out the plan. I did not mention that am separated from this man,I'm a single parent and we were never married. Don't know if that make my case worst. I read something some where about 9 July 2012 DLR A8 scrap or Changes made. Can anyone shed some light on this please. Sorry guy am asking so many questions please forgive me. (hee hee)

manjayx
Newly Registered

Post by manjayx » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:41 pm

Amid wrote:Thanks for the replies guys,but let's just keep it civil,I really need the info and do appreciate the advise. By the reply I realise I can not present the application in person so that is out the plan. I did not mention that am separated from this man,I'm a single parent and we were never married. Don't know if that make my case worst. I read something some where about 9 July 2012 DLR A8 scrap or Changes made. Can anyone shed some light on this please. Sorry guy am asking so many questions please forgive me. (hee hee)
Your case will be considered based on the below:

Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:12 am Post subject: Re: RE
justice12 wrote:
manjayx wrote:
Amid wrote:
Hi guys I have a question,hope you don't find me silly. After doing some research and speaking to a few solicitors, I learn that Zambrano is not going to be successful for me,and FLRO,section 8 would be best. I'm going to apply for DLR based on my child who have a british pass port because of her british dad. Am the sole carer but an 8years overstayer,am so embarrass by this,I could not even take my child home for my parents to see. Close family member died and I could not even show my face. Now my question is after reading all the comments from you helpful guys, I realise the waiting time can be about 12 months. I was thinking what if I book an appointment for application in person,would that help to minimize the waiting time? And more important,would it help me to get the biometric ID or letter same day? (laughing at myself) lol. I know application in person cost more but is there any benefits doing it that way? I'm planning to make this application myself I don't have £800 solicitor fee.

FYI -

• Caseworkers will continue to have discretion to consider exceptional cases.
Applicants who have overstayed by more than 28 days may provide evidence of
exceptional circumstances which prevented them from submitting their application intime.
• A breach of immigration laws by remaining in the UK beyond a period of leave to
enter or remain will not be a determinative factor when considering applications under
the following circumstances:
- The applicant has a dependent child under the age of 18 years who is a British
citizen or who has lived in the UK for at least the preceding seven years, and it
would be unreasonable to expect the child to leave the UK; or
- The applicant has lived in the UK for more than 20 years; or
- The applicant is seeking leave to remain as a victim of domestic violence or as
a bereaved partner.

Since your child is under 18 years old, it will be unreasonable to ask you to leave or the child to relocate with you as he/she is British

manjayx
Newly Registered

Post by manjayx » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:42 pm

Amid wrote:Thanks for the replies guys,but let's just keep it civil,I really need the info and do appreciate the advise. By the reply I realise I can not present the application in person so that is out the plan. I did not mention that am separated from this man,I'm a single parent and we were never married. Don't know if that make my case worst. I read something some where about 9 July 2012 DLR A8 scrap or Changes made. Can anyone shed some light on this please. Sorry guy am asking so many questions please forgive me. (hee hee)
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... family-mig

This should help you understand

manjayx
Newly Registered

UKBA DLR Policy

Post by manjayx » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:55 am

This is helpful reading - FACTS and not hear say

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:31 pm

My mp contacted ukba bck in december and this is there reply(I received the reply today).. In recent months the number of application we have received has been higher than anticipated.We have sevice improvements plans in plan and we expect that performance in all areas of permanent migration(settlement,european casework and nationality)will be back within service standard by march 2013. Most areas of temporary migration(employment routes,students and sponsorship) will be back within service standards by the end of feburary 2013,but other cases may take slightly longer. We have increased the numbers of staff in both temporary and permanent migration to improve our productivity and the ukba board is to overseeing the improvement plans to ensure that progress in reducing waiting times remains on track....... They also states they will deal with my application as soon as possible but they cannot give a firm indication to when this will be.... I applied for a extension under article 8(flr o)

Date application sent : 5th october 2012
Date application receive :8th october 2012
Biometric enrolment: still waiting
Last edited by sanny26 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

manjayx
Newly Registered

Post by manjayx » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:53 pm

App Made - 22/11/12
App recieved -23/11/12
Money taken = Postal Order
Ack letter dated - 26/11/12
Bio letter dated - 15/01/13
Bio Done - later today (17/01/13)
documents received - Waiting
BRP - Waiting

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:36 pm

manjayx wrote:App Made - 22/11/12
App recieved -23/11/12
BRP - Waiting
wow congrats hun thats very quick for getting a biometric letter.. Are u doing a extension or this is the first time your applying..

manjayx
Newly Registered

Post by manjayx » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:38 pm

sanny26 wrote:
App recieved -23/11/12
BRP - Waiting
wow congrats hun thats very quick for getting a biometric letter.. Are u doing a extension or this is the first time your applying..

Extension - First DLR in Nov 2009

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:48 pm

manjayx wrote:
sanny26 wrote:
App recieved -23/11/12
BRP - Waiting

Extension - First DLR in Nov 2009

Same here hun i first got Dlr bck in october 2009, so this is my first extension and im still waiting on biometric letter for 3 months now,didnt know they would have take this long...

manjayx
Newly Registered

Post by manjayx » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:59 am

App Made - 22/11/12
App recieved -23/11/12
Bio Done - 19/01/2013 (finally)
BRP - Waiting

r4rashed
Newly Registered

Post by r4rashed » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:14 am

Did you apply for first time or you applied extension to existing DLR? Please

manjayx
Newly Registered

Post by manjayx » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:47 am

r4rashed wrote:Did you apply for first time or you applied extension to existing DLR? Please
Extension

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:04 am

Im applying for a extension and ive been waiting 3 months now for a biometric letter..... :(

manjayx
Newly Registered

Post by manjayx » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:42 pm

App Made - 22/11/12
App recieved -23/11/12
Bio Done - 19/01/2013 (finally)
documents received - Posted on 21/01/2013 waiting for delivery
Granted an extension for another three years till Jan 2016
BRP - Waiting