ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 1 Extension - Payslip discrepencies

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

swpn009
Newly Registered

TIER 1 Extension - Payslip discrepencies

Post by swpn009 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:21 am

Hello All

I am on tier 1 visa. My extension is due next month. I am a contract employee and I am paid through an umbrella company. (I work for company X through consultancy Y and get paid by umbrella company Z)

I am paid weekly by the umbrella company.

Please can anyone help me with the questions I have below and suggest the actions that need to be taken?

1. The amount in the payslip to the amount credited in the bank differ by 1p on 4-5 occasions.
2. There are times that couple of weeks’ salary is credited as a single amount (tough different payslips)
3. The pay date mentioned in the salary slip and the pay credited date in the bank is different all the time

Many thanks in advance for your help
Last edited by swpn009 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:55 am

All of that sounds fine if you intend to apply by post and write an explanatory letter. Applying in person at the PEO may also be okay, but there is a risk that they hold onto the application and send you a decision later by post, and so it would be waste of money. You'll have to use your own judgement on what is best for you.

swpn009
Newly Registered

Post by swpn009 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:25 am

Thanks Lucapooka for a quick response, much appreciated.

I am applying in person and I plan to take a letter from the Umbrella company explaining the discrepancies.

Would the letter from umbrella company suffice the purpose of do i need take any other action to be on the safe side?

Thanks again

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:33 am

It might, I don't know. The fact that you are providing payslips would normally negate the requirement for a letter. In fact, the two items together would not be considered as they both come from the same source. But either can be used in conjunction with bank statements. I suppose if the pay slips are under doubt, the letter can be used in lieu or support of this.

A letter in lieu of payslips should:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... memployer/

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:38 am

Lucapooka wrote:All of that sounds fine if you intend to apply by post and write an explanatory letter. Applying in person at the PEO may also be okay, but there is a risk that they hold onto the application and send you a decision later by post, and so it would be waste of money. You'll have to use your own judgement on what is best for you.
doesnt really sound fine to me, I have seen rejections where the amount in payslip & statements differed by a single penny, PEO or postal is immaterial, I had to get a letter from my employer since the amounts didnt match up, a letter by yourself may not suffice so let UKBA hear it from the horses mouth

in your case there are multiple discrepancies, list all of them in a single letter after confirming the reason for same and ask your company to sign it

bottom line is all amounts must exactly match down to the last penny and if they dont, an explanation letter from the employer should be in order
Manka

swpn009
Newly Registered

Post by swpn009 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:41 am

Thanks very much. It helps

swpn009
Newly Registered

Post by swpn009 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:33 pm

I have now requested for a letter from my umbrella company.

Others who are having similar issues watch this space i will post my experience & result.I am going for ext on 12th of next month.
Last edited by swpn009 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MadhurG
Newly Registered

Post by MadhurG » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:47 pm

I have a similar query on Payslips.
My company uses moorepay to process our payslips. The payslip which we get only has the amount value.
So it does show all the figures correctly i.e. Gross Salary , NI , Tax and other deductions etc but it does not specify the currency as £ or GBP.

Anyone else has seen something like this ?

swpn009
Newly Registered

Post by swpn009 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:44 pm

I just checked my payslip and my friends (permanent employee) payslip who work for a different company. It doesn't show the amount as £.

I don't think this would be a concern, taking into assumption that any earnings in UK will be paid in £'s (and the bank statement would be supporting this)

Other members, please correct me if I am wrong

MadhurG
Newly Registered

Post by MadhurG » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:18 pm

Many Thanks swpn009 - its good to know that its not very uncommon.

swpn009
Newly Registered

Post by swpn009 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:51 am

I applied through solicitor (Premium service - PEO)

My appointment was at 10:40 AM, reached there by 9:15. For those who are going by car, there is NCP parking opposite PEO office (SAT NAV – CRO 1UP). They charge 8£ for 3hrs to 24 hrs. The payment, application checks and biometrics were completed 11:30 AM. My case was called by the case worker around 12:30. He said he is going for lunch and say it may take up to 1 hr to finish his lunch and look my case.
He called me around 3:30 and said my case was approved. No questions asked :)
The documents I provided (employed):
• Application form
• Payslips
• Salary break down (spreadsheet)
• Bank Statements
• Letter from the employer (Umbrella Company) Explaining the discrepancies as above

Good luck for those who will be applying soon
Last edited by swpn009 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

swpn009
Newly Registered

Post by swpn009 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:07 am

To add

Type of employment - Employed
Number of dependents - 1
No cover letter, sponsor letter provided
I did provided self assessment (points based calculator), but the case worker didn't even looked at it

ukvisagirl
Newly Registered

Post by ukvisagirl » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:17 am

I used both actually, as I had the same issue, my payslip did not add up given that it reports in an unconventional way. I had to get my manager to write a letter specifying each amount and then sign / dated it. The letter was enough to prove the earnings, but I always advice friends/family who are going through the process to bring everything with you, and always show the backup documents if needed.