ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I am now in ILR, But dependant VISA is still a question

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

immi_enq
Newly Registered

I am now in ILR, But dependant VISA is still a question

Post by immi_enq » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:00 pm

Hi All,

I have got my ILR last week. My wife is currently in tier 1 dependent visa and it is expiring in last week of march. she will be completing her two yrs only by may 2013. My case study worker asked me to apply tier 1 PBS dependent visa for her. but when I checked the form, the section M2/M5 does not have an option of ILR to tick for the Main applicant information. It just list all the Tier 1 and Tier 2 and tier 5 options only. I am bit worried if PBS extn is the right form for her? Please let me know what should be done in my case.

Also, my baby is holding indian passport and no visas stamped on it yet. She was born in UK. Do I need to prepare a seperate document as I am doing it for my wife as I dont see any option to add the child information.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:13 pm

Hi,
I am not sure about PBS dependent extension and I am sure someone will answer that question for you regarding Set(O) form.

Regarding your UK born child, you can register the child as British Citizen on form MN1 and it will be section 1(3) entitlement and once you get registration certificate you can apply for child's British passport. Your child does not need a visa for this process.

Thanks

Char
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

immi_enq
Newly Registered

Post by immi_enq » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:54 pm

Thanks Char. but I need to travel to INDIA by March so have to get a visa for my daughter also as British citizenship (I heard ) might take a long time.

splashing

Post by splashing » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:06 am

Hi immi_enq,

same boat with you and i was told by the case worker in solihull when i applied for my ilr to fill Tier 1 dependant for my hubby

for M2 and M5- you have to tick Tier 1 (general )box as i presumed u where on tier 1 general prior to getting ur ILR and also ur wife was on tier 1 general dependant.

the case worker said this is just an extenstion of what they wer previosuly on as they had not spent 2 years in UK.

She advised not to use form FLR(M) for my spouse or else my spouse would have to wait for 5 years on FLR (M) before getting his ILR.

immi_enq
Newly Registered

Post by immi_enq » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:28 pm

Thanks Splashing. You perfectly understood the section which confused me.

Also, did you apply for your hubby in the 28 days before expiry or much more earlier? My wife's visa is expiring on March 24 and we are planning to travel to india by March 15. Is it fine to book an earlier appointment [by Jan ??]. Any idea?

splashing

Post by splashing » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:52 am

yes my hubby's application is within the 28 days before d expiration of his visa. precisely 5 days before d expiration.

Am not sure about you applying in Jan when d visa expires in March. why not book anaother date for Feb 24th and beyound for simplicty purpose

Gurus in d house pls helpout.

immi_enq
Newly Registered

Post by immi_enq » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:13 pm

Thanks splashing. I would post my question as a seperate post for clear visibility

splashing

Post by splashing » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:07 pm

thanks alllll.

My hubby got his tier 1 pbs visa extended for another 3 years on friday from glasgow office.

i dint have my BRP card and there were no issues. the lady just collected my pasport and checked their system to confirm that i had been given ILR.

the case worker told my hubby that he could change to ILR once he completes his 2 years in d country.

Thanks alll

immi_enq
Newly Registered

Post by immi_enq » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:07 am

Thanks all and Congratz Splashing for your happy ending :)

My wife and child got their Tier 1 dependant extended for another 3 yrs as well. Thanks to all for ur advises..