ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application made after the Visa expired.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

prince_no1

Application made after the Visa expired.

Post by prince_no1 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:38 am

Hi Guyz,

Just a Quick Question hope you would help,

i am applying for my Tier 1 General Ext in March on Same Day .
my visa is expiring on 6th April 2013 , and my Wife's Dependent Visa is expiring on the same Date. here is an assumption that (hopefully my case will be sorted out on the same Day as it is very simple case with one JOB) but let say if Home Office hold it for further investigation, and they make decision after few weeks (as one of my friend's case they took it 3 weeks) and they make a decision after 6th April ,

by that time my Wife's visa will be expired but as per new 28 days Rule she will be OK with above explanation to home office why she has applied after the end of her Visa?

am i thinking right or Wrong?

Note: you will be thinking why i am not applying on the same time (Simple saving some money ) :)

Thanks.

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Re: Application made after the Visa expired.

Post by kiranchinnu » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:39 am

prince_no1 wrote:Hi Guyz,

Just a Quick Question hope you would help,

i am applying for my Tier 1 General Ext in March on Same Day .
my visa is expiring on 6th April 2013 , and my Wife's Dependent Visa is expiring on the same Date. here is an assumption that (hopefully my case will be sorted out on the same Day as it is very simple case with one JOB) but let say if Home Office hold it for further investigation, and they make decision after few weeks (as one of my friend's case they took it 3 weeks) and they make a decision after 6th April ,

by that time my Wife's visa will be expired but as per new 28 days Rule she will be OK with above explanation to home office why she has applied after the end of her Visa?

am i thinking right or Wrong?

Note: you will be thinking why i am not applying on the same time (Simple saving some money ) :)

Thanks.
Why cant you include her with your application as dependant?
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

kpk1234

Post by kpk1234 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:06 pm

its better to include her as an dependent with your application. i think it would cost you £150 more guess ( please verify this on UKBA website). If I were you I wouldn't take the chance.

prince_no1

Post by prince_no1 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:22 am

Thanks for the replies , i have mentioned already in my post why i am not applying with my application is because :

Fee if applying in person:

Main applicant £1,800 + £900 (£900 for each family member included on the main applicant's application form)

Total = £2700

and in this case what i want is:

Main Applicant : £1800 + £516 (Partner or child aged under 18 (if they are applying later by post)

Total = £2316

around £400 savings :) Simple

and in my case risk is very very low because my case is very simple i can fulfill all the points with one salaried JOB.

So is this reason/excuse to go beyond the expiration but within 28 days, going to be VALID? in the scenario i have mentioned above?

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:49 am

Based on what you specified, it's probably a risk worth taking. As per the current rules, overstayers under 28 are fine, however, note that the term "overstayer" is still used. In all future applications, your wife would have to justify why she overstayed and generally it will just be a pain. Something else to consider is what if it takes even longer for your application to be processed, or what if something else happens that makes it not possible to submit the application in time (I don't know, just adding this in here).

Personally, I would just pay the extra £400 and be sure that I wouldn't have any future worries.

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Post by kiranchinnu » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:36 am

prince_no1 wrote:Thanks for the replies , i have mentioned already in my post why i am not applying with my application is because :

Fee if applying in person:

Main applicant £1,800 + £900 (£900 for each family member included on the main applicant's application form)

Total = £2700

and in this case what i want is:

Main Applicant : £1800 + £516 (Partner or child aged under 18 (if they are applying later by post)

Total = £2316

around £400 savings :) Simple

and in my case risk is very very low because my case is very simple i can fulfill all the points with one salaried JOB.

So is this reason/excuse to go beyond the expiration but within 28 days, going to be VALID? in the scenario i have mentioned above?
Now I understand where your are coming from. I accept £400 pounds is good saving however if you think for some obivious reasons beyond your control or PEO control like computer system down or further checks needed and if you dont get answer within the stipulated time then you will be on loss. Personally I think its not worth considering pain it may(not) give. But your the best one to decide.

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:06 am

you could apply immediately after your PEO appointment is done, whether you get the decision on same day or not doesnt matter

this way you will be able to save as well as make an intime application for dependents
Manka

prince_no1

Post by prince_no1 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:13 am

Thx a lot guyz for ur opinions I know there is a risk factor involved in it

Manka10 thx for your suggestion I liked it are you sure I can do that? So I only need to mention my application is pending for decision so whatever the decision gonna b they gonna apply on the dependent's application right?

This one seems to be the safe decision.

As my case in nutshell isI have master degree from well known uni that is available in PBC I was 26 YEAR old at the time of my 1st applicationI only need £20k to show  and I am earning around £30k from 1 salaried job with All payslips letter from company bankstatement is minimum 4k 

And one more thing what is the maximum time period on PEO , home office took so far as per your knowledge ? If decision was not made on the say day?

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Post by kiranchinnu » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:34 am

prince_no1 wrote:Thx a lot guyz for ur opinions I know there is a risk factor involved in it

Manka10 thx for your suggestion I liked it are you sure I can do that? So I only need to mention my application is pending for decision so whatever the decision gonna b they gonna apply on the dependent's application right?

I am not sure on this.
This one seems to be the safe decision.

As my case in nutshell isI have master degree from well known uni that is available in PBC I was 26 YEAR old at the time of my 1st applicationI only need £20k to show  and I am earning around £30k from 1 salaried job with All payslips letter from company bankstatement is minimum 4k 

And one more thing what is the maximum time period on PEO , home office took so far as per your knowledge ? If decision was not made on the say day?
It varies , i have seen who have got in matter of 3 days and some in more than couple of months. So , no one can really answer this.

prince_no1

Post by prince_no1 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:15 pm

You are Not Sure hmmmm Thanks ,

AnyOne Else know if i can do that ?

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:53 pm

as Manka10 mentioned, submit postal application immediately after your PEO appointment. In case, you don't get a decision on your application same day at PEO, include your application reference number in the covering letter, mention that the dependent application is linked to your application and request case worker not to take a decision on the dependent application unless a decision has been taken on your case.
Thus you'll save money and will make an ontime application.

prince_no1

Post by prince_no1 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:34 am

Thanks a lot guyz for your advices i appreciate that.