ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

so close but yet so far... :(

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mrsheveran
Newly Registered

so close but yet so far... :(

Post by mrsheveran » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:55 pm

Hi all,
i posted here before jst after submitting my application for a spouse visa back in april 2012.
last week my solicitor who prepared our case received a letter and my husband's passport and asking my passport in return in order for them to deciede the case.

the problem i have now is that the ukba had already retained my passport back in nov 2010 when they sent me my certificate of approval which they approved of after nearly a year. even though my solicitor mentioned that several times on the application but somehow the case worker seemed to missed it... unfortunately.

my solicitor is gonna write them back straight away regarding my passport being with them already but i am very concerned that they might have lost my passport somewhere in their departments and i've got till 14th feb to submit it.

if it wasnt for this issue, i have a feeling that i would have got my spouse visa. would like to know if anyone else has been in the same situation?
please also note that i didnt have the leave to remain when i applied for my spouse visa.
thanks.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: so close but yet so far... :(

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:02 am

mrsheveran wrote:would like to know if anyone else has been in the same situation?
What situation would that be; you have not given sufficient information . Please elaborate.

mrsheveran
Newly Registered

Post by mrsheveran » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:44 pm

Lucapooka wrote:
mrsheveran wrote:would like to know if anyone else has been in the same situation?
What situation would that be; you have not given sufficient information . Please elaborate.
Ive typed it english language dear.. it aint that hard to understand what ive written above.
My question simply is if someone is in the same situation as me with their passport being retained by the home office previously and asking it back in orderfor them to make the decision in a new application when the passport is with one of their department all this time.
Hope ive clarified this.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:18 pm

mrsheveran wrote:when they sent me my certificate of approval
What certificate was this? What kind of application did you made then?
Have you got an acknowledgement letter from this department?
mrsheveran wrote:retained by the home office previously and asking it back in orderfor them to make the decision in a new application when the passport is with one of their department all this time.
Did you actually varied your application? If so send them a letter with all of your correspondence from your previous application and tell them that they can request your Passport from the relevant department and that you give them consent to do so.
Regarding the above, I doubt if any one had experienced any thing of such kind. However, having said this, you never know. you got to wait for someone (who's experienced the same) to read this.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

mrsheveran
Newly Registered

Post by mrsheveran » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:12 am

Damanisshallo wrote:
mrsheveran wrote:when they sent me my certificate of approval
What certificate was this? What kind of application did you made then?
Have you got an acknowledgement letter from this department?
mrsheveran wrote:retained by the home office previously and asking it back in orderfor them to make the decision in a new application when the passport is with one of their department all this time.
Did you actually varied your application? If so send them a letter with all of your correspondence from your previous application and tell them that they can request your Passport from the relevant department and that you give them consent to do so.
Regarding the above, I doubt if any one had experienced any thing of such kind. However, having said this, you never know. you got to wait for someone (who's experienced the same) to read this.

'What certificate was this? What kind of application did you made then?
Have you got an acknowledgement letter from this department?'

this was an application to apply for the certificate of approval which was basically a permission from the home office to get married here, it was needed back in that time for people like us who came from outside the e.u. and in my case i didnt have any leave at that time and i had just got married.
the only letter i got from them was the letter they sent with the approval in nov 2010 saying that they had given me the permission to get marry here and that they had retained my passport.

'Did you actually varied your application? If so send them a letter with all of your correspondence from your previous application and tell them that they can request your Passport from the relevant department and that you give them consent to do so.'

the only application i made after that was flr(m) which was last year and my solicitor had put all these points across but somehow they seemed to have missed them.
my solicitor also wrote to them today telling them that they already have my passport since nov 2010, lets see what they have got to say.