ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 PBS Dependent Urgent Query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ramanvirk

Tier 1 PBS Dependent Urgent Query

Post by ramanvirk » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:30 pm

Hello everyone
Got appointment this Friday need urgent response

I am on tier 1 and have been granted ILR, my husband now needs to apply for a tier 1 PBS dependent extension, can anyone advise for how long he will get the extension for?
He has been my dependent since Sept 2012; would he get 2 years or 1 year and a half as he initially got 6 months entry clearance from India.

Also what documents he should carry?

Do i have to attend PEO appointment with him?

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:33 pm

1. When was his current visa issued?
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:36 pm

Answer to your other question -
ramanvirk wrote:hello everyone

If someone has a tier 1 PBS Depedent PEO appointment for January that they wish to cancel please let me know as i need it urgently for my husband.
Is it mandatory to travel with Biometrics card when going out from UK?

raman
Yes, else how would you travel back? Your ILR superceeds/revokes/cancels any existing visa.

ramanvirk

Post by ramanvirk » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:12 pm

[quote="wpilr_nov12"]1. When was his current visa issued?[/quote]

visa issued from india 13th sept 2012

expries in feb 2013

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 1 PBS Dependent Urgent Query

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:41 pm

ramanvirk wrote:Hello everyone

I am on tier 1 and have been granted ILR, my husband now needs to apply for a tier 1 PBS dependent extension, can anyone advise for how long he will get the extension for?
He has been my dependent since Sept 2012; would he get 2 years or 1 year and a half as he initially got 6 months entry clearance from India.

Per page 12 of PBS Dependent Guidance
Periods of grant
30. We will grant leave in line with the expiry date of the PBS migrant’s (or main applicant’s) leave, except where the PBS migrant has been granted indefinite leave to remain. In these cases, we will grant you a period of three years leave. An application for further leave may then be made if required to take you up to the applicable qualifying period for indefinite leave to remain.

shin25

Post by shin25 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:03 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:
ramanvirk wrote:Hello everyone

Per page 12 of PBS Dependent Guidance
Periods of grant
30. We will grant leave in line with the expiry date of the PBS migrant’s (or main applicant’s) leave, except where the PBS migrant has been granted indefinite leave to remain. In these cases, we will grant you a period of three years leave. An application for further leave may then be made if required to take you up to the applicable qualifying period for indefinite leave to remain.
Hi wpilr_nov12,

Aplogies for hacking into some otherpost, but my case is a bit related and am getting mixed responses. could you please clarify my doubts on this post.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

ramanvirk

Post by ramanvirk » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:16 pm

[quote="wpilr_nov12"][quote="ramanvirk"]

thanks for a prompt response

can you please also advise how early he can apply or extension , does he need to wait 28 days before his visa expires?

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:38 am

ramanvirk wrote:
thanks for a prompt response

can you please also advise how early he can apply or extension , does he need to wait 28 days before his visa expires?
He can apply for extension any time he wants, does not have to wait until his current visa expires. But I don't see why anyone would want to extend a visa with siginificant amount of life remaining in it.