ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will initial delay of 90 days be counted towards qualifying

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SonyTinku4ILR

Will initial delay of 90 days be counted towards qualifying

Post by SonyTinku4ILR » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:38 pm

Hello Members,

I have already asked this question before in a different topic but I was wrong in calculating the period as 88 days.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

I have ILR appointment at Solihull on 12th Feb 2013.

I have just realized that from 10 Mar 10(Date of HSMP Entry Clearance) to 8 June 10(Date of Entry in UK) it is 90 days not 88 days.
As per the rule from

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Page 12,

The period between entry clearance being issued and the applicant entering the UK may be counted toward the qualifying period, as long as it does not exceed 90 days. This can occur if the applicant is delayed travelling to the UK. Provided the period of delay does not exceed 90 days, it will not be counted as an absence.
I am on HSMP + Tier 1 General. Am I eligible for ILR?

I am bit worried can anyone please advise?

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:43 pm

Page 12 of Indefinite leave to remain – calculating continuous period in UK wrote:The period between entry clearance being issued and the applicant entering the UK may be counted toward the qualifying period, as long as it does not exceed 90 days. This can occur if the applicant is delayed travelling to the UK. Provided the period of delay does not exceed 90 days, it will not be counted as an absence.
You may be able to argue that you have NOT EXCEEDED the 90 days.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

SonyTinku4ILR

Post by SonyTinku4ILR » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:14 pm

Sure wpilr_nov12

Also will the Entry Clearance and Data of Entry dates also to be counted towards 90 days? If not I will be on safer side with 88 days.

What does it mean by...between exactly?
The period between entry clearance being issued and the applicant entering the UK may be counted toward the qualifying period, as long as it does not exceed 90 days.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:30 pm

First, Entry date is not counted.

Say EC is 3 JAN, you enter UK on 3 JAN, = there is zero delay. Enter 4 JAN, you have 1 day delay. etc.

I don't think you need to worry about the exact meaning of 'between', as I have pointed out previously, you haven't EXCEEDED 90 days. You REACED 90 days, but did not go beyond 90 days.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

SonyTinku4ILR

Post by SonyTinku4ILR » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:53 pm

Thanks wpilr_nov12
Its clear now.