ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR and Tier 1 dependent success Croydon - 15th January

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sureshkk22

ILR and Tier 1 dependent success Croydon - 15th January

Post by sureshkk22 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:21 pm

Hi,

I had my ILR approved at croydon yesterday. My wife got Tier 1 dependent extension for 3 years. On the whole it was a pleasant experience at croydon PEO.

My wife got her first Tier 1 dependent visa on October 2012. Since she has not completed enough time to apply as ILR dependent, she got her Tier 1 dependent approved (same appointment used which booked for FLR M).
At the end, when I asked the case worker when can apply for ILR for the wife, I was told she can apply after two years. I was bit confused as I knew that she has to complete 5 years with me to qualify for ILR, but the case worker clarified that since she is now going through Tier 1 dependent route instead of FLR M route, she can apply for ILR within 2 years. I am still confused with this, seniors please advise.

Thanks

shin25

Re: ILR and Tier 1 dependent success Croydon - 15th January

Post by shin25 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:34 pm

sureshkk22 wrote:Hi,

I had my ILR approved at croydon yesterday. My wife got Tier 1 dependent extension for 3 years. On the whole it was a pleasant experience at croydon PEO.

My wife got her first Tier 1 dependent visa on October 2012. Since she has not completed enough time to apply as ILR dependent, she got her Tier 1 dependent approved (same appointment used which booked for FLR M).
At the end, when I asked the case worker when can apply for ILR for the wife, I was told she can apply after two years. I was bit confused as I knew that she has to complete 5 years with me to qualify for ILR, but the case worker clarified that since she is now going through Tier 1 dependent route instead of FLR M route, she can apply for ILR within 2 years. I am still confused with this, seniors please advise.

Thanks
Hi Suresh,

Thats a very good news. Congrats!!!
I am in the same situation. I am unable to understand as to why you had to apply for your wifes tier1 extension ? As her current dependant tier 1 (applied on Oct 2012) would be valid untill 2014? Correct me if I am missing anything here?

veera123
Newly Registered

Post by veera123 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:30 pm

As per my understanding of the rules, your spouse will be qualified for ILR after two years based on Immigration rule : 287 (a), as you are already got the ILR.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... _partners/

Immigration rule 319E will applied only, if you are on PBS visa and both of you are applying at the same time.

splashing

Post by splashing » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:54 pm

Hi sureshkk22

Congrats and Many thanks for sharing this.

Am in same boat. got my ily on Friday and my hubby will be applying for Tier 1 general dependant as he has not spent up to 2 years.

Pls can you confirm which other docs i would have to provide for his application apart from Cohabitation docs , maintenance fund evidence and ofcourse the form.

Any other documentation required?