ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

iamsil
Newly Registered

Post by iamsil » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:18 pm

Hi innocent devil, thanks for your reply. Yes, i have receipt that states the date and the payment, i showed this to the lady at the ukba branch in Sheffield that is why she took my biometrics for free.

My timeline:
Docs sent: 07/03/2012
Ack. letter: not long after that (i lost it!)
Biometrics letter: 22/03/2012
Biometrics enrolled: 29/03/2012 (York post office)
So when they lost my biometrics.....
Biometrics letter sent again: 16/05/2012
Biometrics enrolled again: 25/05/2012
Response letter: WAITING
Biometrics Card: WAITING

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:28 pm

that is ridiculous.

I feel for you mate. Have you contacted your MP yet ?

iamsil
Newly Registered

Post by iamsil » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:30 pm

innocentdevil wrote:that is ridiculous.

I feel for you mate. Have you contacted your MP yet ?
No i havent, do you think i should? would it really make a difference? i am planning to write a complain and the end of the month if i dont hear anything...

My timeline:

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:44 pm

speak to your MP. I am not sure if his intervention will make any difference but i would get in touch straight away. Find out who your local MP is and you can normally call them in working hours and/or email them explaining your situation.

whitequeen

Re: Waiting since march 2012

Post by whitequeen » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:55 pm

iamsil wrote:Hello everyone, i have been following this forum for quite a long time. I have also applied for a flr visa in march 2012 and as of yet i haven't received any news. I called the ukba at the beginning of December, and they said haven't made any decision yet. It has been 10 months already since i sent my documents, 7 months since i enrolled my biometrics and i think its outrageous not to hear anything whatsoever, specially when the ukba or the post office messed up and lost my biometrics the first time i enrolled them in march in the York post office (just because in that time the Sheffield ukba office didnt accept any appoinments, they do now). 2 months later (may) i Received a letter saying that i failed to have my biometrics taken and that i had 17 days to do so. Of course i was so angry because it was obviously not true, went to the post office and they said it had nothing to do with them, went to the ukba branch in Sheffield where i explained the situation and they took my biometrics for free. As of now i had no news or anything and i am going MAD. I was expecting the whole process to take a long time but not THIS LONG! specially when i see people that have applied months after me and had their paperwork returned successfully. I just want to know if anyone that has applied in march 2012 is still waiting like me so i dont feel this lonely :( all i want is to get my papers back, at this point really i just want to know something, anything, if its a yes o a no, at least if i know i have been rejected i can start planning what to do next. This whole thing of not knowing is not healthy, is it? By the way, i am switching from a fiance visa, we got married here in the uk, been together for 4 years before getting married, i have a good travel history, been to the uk 3 times before and my husband has come to visit me as well many times. Been rejected once because i stupidly forgot to include a letter from my worlplace, but when i applied for my fiance visa that was no issue. Thank you guys and good lucK!

My timeline:
I am a March applicant and still waiting too..from Fiancee to FLR(M)..I have made complaints and UKBA's response about my complaint is overdue as well (supposed to reply on 18th Dec but was told no updates yet when I called them). My local MP sent another letter last week to UKBA and Theresa May complaining about the way they process (more of not processing) my application and have to wait again for a response, before he files a complaint to the ombudsman. :evil:

NovApplication
Newly Registered

Post by NovApplication » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:02 pm

Hey,

Just wanted to add our stats to the forum! Aussie guy married my english wife, started on an engagement visa then applied for FLR M in November. From this we can see we have to be paitent but its getting frustrating.

I have emailed our MP who advised;

"There is absolutely no point in contacting them at the moment. Each contact actually slows down the process as someone has to find out where it is in the queue instead of actually dealing with making the decisions."

And he also advised the general waiting time is 8 months!!

Fingers crossed we'll atleast get the biometrics done soon.

Date Applied/Docs sent: 02/11/12
Date Received Ack. Letter: 06/11/12
Date Biometrics booking letter arrived: Waiting...
Date Biometrics Appointment: Waiting....
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: Waiting....
Result & VISA stamped: Waiting.....

iamsil
Newly Registered

Re: Waiting since march 2012

Post by iamsil » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:02 pm

whitequeen wrote: I am a March applicant and still waiting too..from Fiancee to FLR(M)..I have made complaints and UKBA's response about my complaint is overdue as well (supposed to reply on 18th Dec but was told no updates yet when I called them). My local MP sent another letter last week to UKBA and Theresa May complaining about the way they process (more of not processing) my application and have to wait again for a response, before he files a complaint to the ombudsman. :evil:
Awww i am so happy to know im not the only one! i am so sorry whitequeen for your wait at least we are not alone in our quest. I think im going to write to our local MP to see if anything happens and write a complaint to the ukba as well. Its incredibly stupid how long this is taking, and its ridiculous the fact that they expect us to comply and pay our taxes in time, but when it comes to services or results they take forever! ill take forever to pay our council tax next time! haha

cityboy25
Newly Registered

Advice on request for more documents pls

Post by cityboy25 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:12 pm

Hi all, today i received a mail from my case worker asking for more documents and proofs, he is asking from both of us (me and my spouse) a letter from our employer, our pay slip, bank statement e.t.c but for me, am working just 20 hrs a week as a student which i can provide for him all the evidence, and for my wife at the moment she is not working, so we cannot get this documents for her i don't know what to do about this .
Please advice on this will greatly appreciated.
Thanks mate

My timeline:
Date Applied/doc sent 06/02/12
Date Ack letter recd 22/04/12
Date Biometrics letter recd: 07/05/12
Date Biometics Appt: 08/05/12
Request more documents: 14/01/13
Date Passport/docs recd from HO:
Result & Visa stamped:

iamsil
Newly Registered

Re: Advice on request for more documents pls

Post by iamsil » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:22 pm

cityboy25 wrote:Hi all, today i received a mail from my case worker asking for more documents and proofs, he is asking from both of us (me and my spouse) a letter from our employer, our pay slip, bank statement e.t.c but for me, am working just 20 hrs a week as a student which i can provide for him all the evidence, and for my wife at the moment she is not working, so we cannot get this documents for her i don't know what to do about this .
Thanks mate

My timeline:
Result & Visa stamped:
Hello cityboy25, send them all you can, but havent you sent those documents already? i mean, they need you to prove that you or your spouse can support yourselves without help of any government benefits, meaning that you must prove that you have an income or savings. If you work part time, i suggest you send a letter from your employer and payslips, and a letter explaining your situation. As of your wife, if shes not working then i suggest you send another letter stating the reason why she is not working at the moment, and if you have any savings send the statements as well. If they are asking for those papers then it means that they are not clear on how you can support yourself now or in the future. I am stunned tho that they have waited almost a year to request more paperwork, anyway, keep us posted as i have applied in march 2012 and have no news as of yet. Good luck

My timeline:

cityboy25
Newly Registered

Re: Advice on request for more documents pls

Post by cityboy25 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:55 am

Thanks iamsil, have sent them those documents before, i thought maybe because it's been a long time, also am planning using a lawyer to help me out with the letter, although I did't use lawyer while I was applying initially
So i hope using a lawyer now will not bring another issue or question.
Please mates, kindly advice
Thanks

iamsil wrote:
cityboy25 wrote:Hi all, today i received a mail from my case worker asking for more documents and proofs, he is asking from both of us (me and my spouse) a letter from our employer, our pay slip, bank statement e.t.c but for me, am working just 20 hrs a week as a student which i can provide for him all the evidence, and for my wife at the moment she is not working, so we cannot get this documents for her i don't know what to do about this .
Thanks mate

My timeline:
Result & Visa stamped:
Hello cityboy25, send them all you can, but havent you sent those documents already? i mean, they need you to prove that you or your spouse can support yourselves without help of any government benefits, meaning that you must prove that you have an income or savings. If you work part time, i suggest you send a letter from your employer and payslips, and a letter explaining your situation. As of your wife, if shes not working then i suggest you send another letter stating the reason why she is not working at the moment, and if you have any savings send the statements as well. If they are asking for those papers then it means that they are not clear on how you can support yourself now or in the future. I am stunned tho that they have waited almost a year to request more paperwork, anyway, keep us posted as i have applied in march 2012 and have no news as of yet. Good luck

My timeline:

ana z
Newly Registered

Post by ana z » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:25 pm

Hi all,

I've been stalking these forums for a while just checking on when everyone was getting their stuff, but I hadn't posted anything.

I just received my BRP this morning and I'm so happy! So I just thought I would share my background and timeline, so that you guys get a rough idea of what dates are being processed.

I was on a post-study work visa, and applied to switch to FLR(M) for unmarried partner, as me and my boyfriend had been living together for 2 years. I am Colombian, studied my BA in the UK and he's British.

At the moment of my application I had a well paid permanent job, and my boyfriend was a student working part time (bank staff, so his income is not very much). I applied at the end of April (my visa expired at the end of August) and I thought that would leave me plenty of time, as the processing time was stated as 2 months. Unfortunately, this whole mess at UKBA happened and the waiting time went beyond my current visa permit, so I had to leave my job.

It has been horrible being unemployed for 6 months (no one will hire me without a permit), with my partner having to grab extra shifts affecting his uni work. Thankfully, our relatives here and back home have been helping us with a bit of money so that we can manage to cover rent and bills, but we haven't really managed to live life since, if you know what I mean - no going out clubbing, to the pub, cinema, travelling, gigs, etc.

I fully sympathise with all of the stories I have read in this forum, and some are much much worse than mine - especially families with kids, I feel truly sorry for, as it's very unfair to put children through this. I am thinking of contacting a columnist at The Guardian to write about this, as this whole government idea of "cutting immigration numbers" forgets that behind those numbers, there are people.

Alright, enough of my waffling on... this is my timeline:

Application sent: 27/04/2012
Acknowledgement letter: 14/05/2012
Biometrics letter: 17/05/2012
Biometrics taken: 21/05/2012
Documents returned: 15/01/2013
BRP received: 15/01/2013

So, that's roughly 8 months it took. I sincerely hope all of you in this forum get your documents as soon as possible. Best of luck!

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:34 pm

Hi Guys I am new to this thread. But I am good old mate in 10 yr long residency thread. I am just applying for FLR(m) for my Mrs by post, as her visa about to expire in 10 days time and my ILR is not yet decided.

Quick 2 Questions

1. What are the documents I need to send
2. I have my income coming into a different bank account which is full of shit (basically its in overdraft all the time). But my Mrs and Me have a joint account which her salary comes into and its quiet nice. Do you think its ok if I just send my Pay Slip and job contract documents and leave the bank statement which my salary comes into. just need a second opinion.

Note: She came here on a dependent visa in June 2011. Therefore, shez not going to come into new rules. The old FLR(m) applies.

Saanju

Still.Waiting

Post by Still.Waiting » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:41 pm

ana z wrote: Unfortunately, this whole mess at UKBA happened and the waiting time went beyond my current visa permit, so I had to leave my job.

It has been horrible being unemployed for 6 months (no one will hire me without a permit)
Congratulations ana z! With regards to your employment why did you end up leaving the job? Because when an application is pending and your current visa expires you can continue to live your life in the same manner until a decision is made....
Application sent: 14-04-12
Acknowledgement: 25-04-12
Biometrics: 05-05-12
Requested sponsor's passport: 10-07-12
Passport received: 19-07-12
Contacted MP: 16-10-12
Documents received: 12-01-13
BRP received: still waiting

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:20 pm

ana z wrote:the waiting time went beyond my current visa permit, so I had to leave my job.

It has been horrible being unemployed for 6 months (no one will hire me without a permit)
Firstly, Congratulations!!! Regarding the above, had you posted rather than stalking, your query and explained the situation, you'd have got some suggestions to work around the above scenario and would've been able to continue working. (Touch wood, Many people including my partner has managed to work). But anyways Once done can't be undone...Good Luck with your future...
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:27 pm

saanju9 wrote:if I just send my Pay Slip and job contract documents and leave the bank statement which my salary comes into. just need a second opinion.
I do not see any such requirement in FAMILY MEMBERS - MAINTENANCE AND ACCOMMODATION

However,
FLR(M) wrote:Specified evidence of meeting the financial requirement, or if not required to meet the income threshold element, evidence of your finances including; Bank statements, building society savings books, pay slips or other formal documents as evidence of you and your partner’s ability to maintain and accommodate yourselves and any dependants without recourse to public funds. See Note 5. The documents you should send are listed in guidance.
I presume you need to send your bank statements reflecting your salary.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

ana z
Newly Registered

Post by ana z » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:38 pm

Still.Waiting wrote:
ana z wrote: Unfortunately, this whole mess at UKBA happened and the waiting time went beyond my current visa permit, so I had to leave my job.

Congratulations ana z! With regards to your employment why did you end up leaving the job? Because when an application is pending and your current visa expires you can continue to live your life in the same manner until a decision is made....
Thanks Still.Waiting and Damanisshallo!

I did come to these forums looking to read for an answer in that regard, and used the bit on the UKBA website (saying that the status was extended until a decision was made) and everything to explain the situation to HR. However, they were a bit jittery about the whole deal, and apparently their lawyers advised them that it wasn't worth risking the UKBA fine (which I explained wouldn't even happen). Anyways, they asked me if I could resign - it wasn't the nicest job anyways, and the dynamics changed a bit when I wasn't "legal" anymore in their eyes. My lawyers said that I could go to court with that, but it's too much hassle and I rather just move forward. In any case, I am glad that it's all over and now I can look for a much nicer job.

This forum has been great help, both for the technical advice and the emotional support!

whitequeen

Post by whitequeen » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:25 pm

ana z wrote:
Still.Waiting wrote:

Thanks Still.Waiting and Damanisshallo!

I did come to these forums looking to read for an answer in that regard, and used the bit on the UKBA website (saying that the status was extended until a decision was made) and everything to explain the situation to HR. However, they were a bit jittery about the whole deal, and apparently their lawyers advised them that it wasn't worth risking the UKBA fine (which I explained wouldn't even happen). Anyways, they asked me if I could resign - it wasn't the nicest job anyways, and the dynamics changed a bit when I wasn't "legal" anymore in their eyes. My lawyers said that I could go to court with that, but it's too much hassle and I rather just move forward. In any case, I am glad that it's all over and now I can look for a much nicer job.

This forum has been great help, both for the technical advice and the emotional support!
You can file a complaint to the Ombudsman via your MP and even claim for compensation because of what happened..Here's a link of the same circumstance as your's posted in the Ombudsman's website..

http://www.ombudsman.org.uk/responsive- ... om-working

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Ombudsman

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:36 pm

whitequeen wrote:
ana z wrote:.This forum has been great help, both for the technical advice and the emotional support!
You can file a complaint to the Ombudsman via your MP and even claim for compensation because of what happened..Here's a link of the same circumstance as your's posted in the Ombudsman's website..

http://www.ombudsman.org.uk/responsive- ... om-working
There you go, in minutes of you posting your case, you got a suggestion. I hope this will be helpful to others like you.
Skydrives, Templates

backagain

Post by backagain » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:56 am

For all those July applicants, here is an update from an UKBA query for information response. Thought it might be helpful to some.

1. Please provide how many FLR (M) applications were received in July
2012?

There were a total of 3,448 FLR (M) applications received in the period from 1 to 31
July 2012.

1) All figures quoted are management information which has been subject to internal quality checks.
2) Figures relate to main applicants.
3) Figures relate to cases raised (received) between 1 to 31 July 2012.

2. How many of these applications were received before 8th July 2012?

There were a total of 2,524 FLR (M) applications received between 1 to 7 July 2012.

1) All figures quoted are management information which has been subject to internal quality checks.
3) Figures relate to cases raised (received) between 1 to 7 July 2012.

3. From the applications received before 8th July 2012, how many have been processed and despatched and how many applications are pending to be decided. Out of pending applications how many applications are pending for Biometrics.

Of the applications received in the period 1 to 7 July 2012, a total of 497 cases have been decided, and 2,027 are pending a decision. Of the pending cases 64 are awaiting biometric enrolment.

3) Figures relate to cases raised (received) between 1 to 31 July 2012.

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/1 ... mplate.pdf
Application Received: 5 April 2012
Biometrics Letter Rcd: 20 April 2012
Biometrics Appoint: 21 April 2012
Documents Received: 29 December 2012
BRP Received: 2 January 2013
Set(M) applied 26 November 2014

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:15 am

Hi there

Can anyone please give me documents checklist for FLR(M) for my wife's application

Is there any threshold on the bank balances

My case: I applied for ILR on 10 yrs Long Resi basis.
Previously on Tier 1 General
My wife works here. I work here

Help will be appreciated

thanks a lot

Saanju

NovApplication
Newly Registered

Post by NovApplication » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:13 pm

Just wondering if any November applicants have got their biometrics letter yet?? We applied on 02/11/12 and got ack 06/11/12 and heard nothing since!

Thanks

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:25 pm

NovApplication wrote:Just wondering if any November applicants have got their biometrics letter yet?? We applied on 02/11/12 and got ack 06/11/12 and heard nothing since!
Have a look in here. and feel free to add your timeline if you not already on it.

How to use Skydrive?

Skydrive for SET(O) 10 Yr Long Residence

Skydrive for FLR(M)

1. You need a Skydrive ID (Hotmail/MSN/Existing Email) Click here
2. Click Edit Workbook Menu
3. Select Edit in Excel Web App
4. Just add your details to the bottom of the table
5. Once done Click View and select Reading View.

NB: Do not insert any rows in between. The table gets sorted over night. However, if you are eager to sort the spreadsheet to analyze the data/graph, then once you've added your details to the bottom of the table, sort the sheet Ascending first by "Application Sent Date" and then by "Current Status"
Skydrives, Templates

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:37 pm

NovApplication wrote:Just wondering if any November applicants have got their biometrics letter yet?? We applied on 02/11/12 and got ack 06/11/12 and heard nothing since!

Thanks

Hun ive applied at the start of october and im still waiting on a biometric letter and its only a extension im doing and my case is quite straightforward,i regret not doing peo.... Dont understand why they taking so long just to send out a letter. I rang ukba again this morning they said application still hasnt put on the system so i guess i just gona have to wait... .im gona make a complaint though... :(

rassell
Newly Registered

waiting for flr m

Post by rassell » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:40 pm

hi,i applied for flr m application on 30 th od may 2012
bio done on 5th july 2012
still i am waiting ........
7.5 month gone .........
i will update .thanks

badnicki
Newly Registered

Update

Post by badnicki » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:34 pm

Just wanted to update the board as I called the UKBA today (is there no free number?!) as I've passed the magical 6 month mark. All the lady was able to confirm was that my application hasn't been completed yet.

See this and other mind-blowing news at www nokidding com. Sigh.

Here's my timeline:

Date Applied/Docs sent: 07/07/12
Date Received Ack. Letter: 19/07/12
Date Biometrics booking letter arrived: 12/10/2012
Date Biometrics Appointment Dalston: 16/10/2012
Visa Type : FLR(M) for civil partner
Visa From: Youth Mobility visa (Tier 5)

I've started to see a few July applicants receive their visas – congrats to you! At this point I'm debating the value of writing to my MP or complaining but some people have suggested that it appears to have accelerated their application process.

Will update as and when further action is taken. My sympathies to everyone is the same boat (especially those well beyond 6 months of waiting).