ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Jumped Traffic Singal - Camera Flash Behind my Car

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kamal_ece

Jumped Traffic Singal - Camera Flash Behind my Car

Post by kamal_ece » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:56 am

Hi,

Yesterday evening around 6ish, I jumped signal when it was just turning RED from Orange. The Camera behind my car Flashed. Not sure it flashed more than once.
Embarrassed, having done this now and worried as to what trouble will I be getting into. In terms of my Naturalization, will it impact?
I know I will get a fine and points as well which is bad but I hope this doesn't impact my Naturalization which I am about to apply next month.

Regards,
KK

solospy
Member of Standing

Re: Jumped Traffic Singal - Camera Flash Behind my Car

Post by solospy » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:21 pm

kamal_ece wrote:Hi,

Yesterday evening around 6ish, I jumped signal when it was just turning RED from Orange. The Camera behind my car Flashed. Not sure it flashed more than once.
Embarrassed, having done this now and worried as to what trouble will I be getting into. In terms of my Naturalization, will it impact?
I know I will get a fine and points as well which is bad but I hope this doesn't impact my Naturalization which I am about to apply next month.

Regards,
KK

No. It wont effect your Naturalization application as long as you pay the fine in time and it doesnt go to court. You dont need to disclose it on the form as well.

Smam

Re: Jumped Traffic Singal - Camera Flash Behind my Car

Post by Smam » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:27 pm

solospy wrote:
kamal_ece wrote:Hi,

Regards,
KK

No. It wont effect your Naturalization application as long as you pay the fine in time and it doesnt go to court. You dont need to disclose it on the form as well.
Hi,

I am really interested to follow your case I hope that you'll wont get a fine cause if you get the fine then you'll get points on your driving license as well which will be the sadest thing honestly.

I am really worried after reading the new changes in good character requirement for BC published on the UKBA website on the 9th January 2013.

For your reference please follow the link below.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... plications

Trust me it has taken the breath out from my body any ways.

Please kindly keep us updated here on the forum once you'll get any updates regarding your BC application.

Good luck for your ILR.

kamal_ece

Post by kamal_ece » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:01 pm

Many thanks solospy and Smam for your replies.

Under the Good Character, I haven't seen anywhere speeding tickets or parking tickets are bad enough to stop the BC. But I might be wrong.

I should have applied for my BC last year but delayed it for applying along with my family once I come back after a visit to India in May also saves money but things changed now.

My question is even before I get some ticket to home asking me to pay if I apply next week for BC should I still be worried?

Regards,
Kamal

solospy
Member of Standing

Post by solospy » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:52 pm

kamal_ece wrote:Many thanks solospy and Smam for your replies.

Under the Good Character, I haven't seen anywhere speeding tickets or parking tickets are bad enough to stop the BC. But I might be wrong.

I should have applied for my BC last year but delayed it for applying along with my family once I come back after a visit to India in May also saves money but things changed now.

My question is even before I get some ticket to home asking me to pay if I apply next week for BC should I still be worried?

Regards,
Kamal

No as i said before, you shouldnt be worried. I had the same situation when i applied. I paid the fine and had 3 points on my lisc for over speeding. I applied for naturalisation and didnt disclose it as it didnt go to court. I got my citizenship in 1 month.

Dont worry.

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:05 pm

kamal_ece wrote:My question is even before I get some ticket to home asking me to pay if I apply next week for BC should I still be worried?
Won't change anything imho.

Either it goes to court (unlikely), then you would have to declare it even after submission of form AN ("I promise to inform the Home Secretary in writing of any change in circumstances which may affect the accuracy of the information given whilst this application is being considered by the Home Office."; see here, page 14).

Or it is a simple, single FPN (much more likely), than it will not give you any trouble before or after ("Where the applicant is of good character in all other respects caseworkers should normally be prepared to overlook a single minor unspent conviction resulting in (...) a fixed penalty notice. (...) Receiving one does not form part of a person's criminal record as there is no admission of guilt."; see here, especially 3.5.2-3.5.4).

Smam

Post by Smam » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:28 pm

Hi

I am not being a pessimist here at all I am going through the same dilema my self after getting a FPN from the Metroplitan Police Automated Number Plate Recognition which resulted me in paying £200 fine and got 6 points on my driving license 3 or 4 days ago on my driving license after reading the guidelines which clearly says changes in the good character requirement.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... chapter18/

Please follow the link below to read Annex D for Good Character requirements to apply before BC.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Please read Annex D from the above link it clearly says that it has got updated on the 09th of January 2013.

I am not saying that I am the only clever person who has understood the new rules it clearly says that the CW will not take your application in to consideration once you'll have points on your driving license if you're applying for your BC after the 12 Dec 2012.

Please kindly correct me if I am wrong. Also please kindly update us on the forum with your experience.

Good luck to every one who're applying for their BC.

skymoon

Post by skymoon » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:49 pm

Smam wrote:Hi

I am not being a pessimist here at all I am going through the same dilema my self after getting a FPN from the Metroplitan Police Automated Number Plate Recognition which resulted me in paying £200 fine and got 6 points on my driving license 3 or 4 days ago on my driving license after reading the guidelines which clearly says changes in the good character requirement.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... chapter18/

Please follow the link below to read Annex D for Good Character requirements to apply before BC.

Please read Annex D from the above link it clearly says that it has got updated on the 09th of January 2013.

I am not saying that I am the only clever person who has understood the new rules it clearly says that the CW will not take your application in to consideration once you'll have points on your driving license if you're applying for your BC after the 12 Dec 2012.

Please kindly correct me if I am wrong. Also please kindly update us on the forum with your experience.

Good luck to every one who're applying for their BC.
Don't worry Kamal and apply with confidence.

Hi Smam, Please see the following guideline of HO especially 'e' clearly stated that Fixed Penalty Notice is not Criminal Conviction even you got points on your licence. I have same Fixed Penalty Notice and my CRB is cleare and fine..........

3.3.2 Caseworkers should not normally disregard any conviction that falls into the following
categories irrespective of the severity of the sentence imposed:
a. Offences involving dishonesty (for example, theft, fraud)
b. Offences involving violence
c. Offences involving unlawful sexual activity
d. Offences involving drugs
e. Offences which would constitute “recklessness” – for example, drink-driving,
excessive speeding, driving without tax/insurance or whilst using a mobile phone.
(NB Caseworkers should remember that fixed penalty notices do not constitute offences – see paragraph 3.5.2

Smam

Post by Smam » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:33 pm

Don't worry Kamal and apply with confidence.

Hi Smam, Please see the following guideline of HO especially 'e' clearly stated that Fixed Penalty Notice is not Criminal Conviction even you got points on your licence. I have same Fixed Penalty Notice and my CRB is cleare and fine..........

3.3.2 Caseworkers should not normally disregard any conviction that falls into the following
categories irrespective of the severity of the sentence imposed:
a. Offences involving dishonesty (for example, theft, fraud)
b. Offences involving violence
c. Offences involving unlawful sexual activity
d. Offences involving drugs
e. Offences which would constitute “recklessness” – for example, drink-driving,
excessive speeding, driving without tax/insurance or whilst using a mobile phone.
(NB Caseworkers should remember that fixed penalty notices do not constitute offences – see paragraph 3.5.2

Hi brother Skymoon,

Kindly excuse my poor understanding I still do really appreciate your kind reply.

I really found this confusing extremely consufing to the best of my understanding that on one hand they're saying that the CW will not diregard condition "e" which I am falling in clearly that I got 6 points on my driving license due to driving without insurance dont want to repeat the whole story again. Though I've got 6 points on my license due to a FPN but it's just so confusing for me at the moment.

Please kindly ellaborate if I am wrong. Many thanks and waiting for your useful replies.

Good luck for your BC.

skymoon

Post by skymoon » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:56 pm

Dear Smam,

Please read full 'e' sentence, it clearly said that Fixed Penalty notices do not constitute offences. So it is not criminal conviction and everything is OK.

e. Offences which would constitute “recklessness” – for example, drink-driving, excessive speeding, driving without tax/insurance or whilst using a mobile phone. (NB Caseworkers should remember that fixed penalty notices do not constitute offences – see paragraph 3.5.2)

I wish you best of luck and pray for everyone to get their approval INSHALLAH.

msx2013
Newly Registered

drink-driving and british citizenship

Post by msx2013 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:48 pm

I'm looking for some advise and I'm sorry, if I'm hijacking someone's thread.

I was on a 5-year work permit from 10/2004 to 10/2009. Call it fate, bad luck or stupidity - I was done for drink-driving the night before my employer's agent was making an ILR application (in person) with the Home Office. To keep things open and honest, I ensured the Home Office was made aware of the offense, via my employers agent. The Home Office, instead of making the decision for my ILR on the same-day, held my passport for about two months.

In about a weeks time, I was convicted for drink-driving - banned for 14 months and fined £500. I kept the Home Office informed of the conviction and eventually, without much hassle I was granted ILR by end November 2009 (I was lucky + legislation allowed then).

I have since been waiting for my convictions to be spent under ROA to apply for British Citizenship (i.e. apply after November 2014). The new guidelines document as of January 2013 now does not account for ROA.

Am I right in assuming that since the fine was a non-custodial sentence and since it occurred 3+ years ago, I should be OK to apply now? Or should I be worried that my 'reckless' offense will not normally be disregarded?

Smam

Re: drink-driving and british citizenship

Post by Smam » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:35 am

msx2013 wrote:I'm looking for some advise and I'm sorry, if I'm hijacking someone's thread.

I was on a 5-year work permit from 10/2004 to 10/2009. Call it fate, bad luck or stupidity - I was done for drink-driving the night before my employer's agent was making an ILR application (in person) with the Home Office. To keep things open and honest, I ensured the Home Office was made aware of the offense, via my employers agent. The Home Office, instead of making the decision for my ILR on the same-day, held my passport for about two months.

In about a weeks time, I was convicted for drink-driving - banned for 14 months and fined £500. I kept the Home Office informed of the conviction and eventually, without much hassle I was granted ILR by end November 2009 (I was lucky + legislation allowed then).

I have since been waiting for my convictions to be spent under ROA to apply for British Citizenship (i.e. apply after November 2014). The new guidelines document as of January 2013 now does not account for ROA.

Am I right in assuming that since the fine was a non-custodial sentence and since it occurred 3+ years ago, I should be OK to apply now? Or should I be worried that my 'reckless' offense will not normally be disregarded?
Hi

See my reply to your querry.