ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can i Apply forBritish Citizenship for my Kid who born in UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

szb
Newly Registered

Can i Apply forBritish Citizenship for my Kid who born in UK

Post by szb » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:01 pm

Hi Friends,

If any one Applied and succeeded in getting a British Citizenship for their Kids who are born in UK and their parents are not settled yet in UK . Could you please Advise/Suggest the best Approach in making the Application successfull?

Section 3(1) applications - children born in the United Kingdom to parents who are not settled in the United Kingdom and are not British citizens
Registration in this category will be at our discretion, if we believe it is reasonable under the circumstances and will be under section 3(1) of the British Nationality Act 1981. There are no formal requirements the child needs to meet providing they are under 18 at the time of application and are of good character if they are over 10 years of age. The application should be accompanied by as much evidence as possible to show us why the child should be registered as a British citizen.

Thanks for the help.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Can i Apply forBritish Citizenship for my Kid who born i

Post by Jambo » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:08 pm

szb wrote:please Advise/Suggest the best Approach in making the Application successfull?

Wait until one of the parents becomes settled then the application would be entitlement. No HO discretion involved.

It's quite unusual to grant BC when the parents are not settled. Could you provide more details why you believe discretion should be applied in your child case? (Being a Tier-2 migrant who is not eligible to ILR doesn't really show the child's best interest and future lies in the UK).