ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:11 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
saanju9 wrote:if I just send my Pay Slip and job contract documents and leave the bank statement which my salary comes into. just need a second opinion.
I do not see any such requirement in FAMILY MEMBERS - MAINTENANCE AND ACCOMMODATION

However,
FLR(M) wrote:Specified evidence of meeting the financial requirement, or if not required to meet the income threshold element, evidence of your finances including; Bank statements, building society savings books, pay slips or other formal documents as evidence of you and your partner’s ability to maintain and accommodate yourselves and any dependants without recourse to public funds. See Note 5. The documents you should send are listed in guidance.
I presume you need to send your bank statements reflecting your salary.
Its a very tricky situation Damani... the FLR(M) guidance says that with regards to the Treshold - which is for the new rules not the old rules. So I am really struck to make out.. And Again for a second opinion - do you think if they required my bank statement they will ask me. 1. My wife is more or less having a decent income (12k per annum) and I am submitting her payslips and banks statement (which includes me as a joint account holder) and I am submitting my current payslips and my employment contract which is (18.6k per annum) So they shouldn't have enough doubt that I can't sustain myself. The only question they might get is where is my salary going. So, if they ask me at the time when they decide her application then I can send them a copy of my bank statments.

what do u think, brother[/i]

thanks a lot for your help man..really appreciate it

Saanju

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:42 pm

saanju9 wrote:do you think if they required my bank statement they will ask me. The only question they might get is where is my salary going. So, if they ask me at the time when they decide her application then I can send them a copy of my bank statments.
I presume you need to show documents from 6 different sources. Also, Why make it complex when you know none of these overdrafts gonna harm you.
Similar Case Elsewhere wrote:For immigration: The overdraft does not actually matter, provided that; All income - All Outgoings =extra money left.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:28 pm

Damanisshallo wrote: I presume you need to show documents from 6 different sources. Also, Why make it complex when you know none of these overdrafts gonna harm you.
6 different sources ????... how??...where is that information from

yeah I presume its no harm, but mine is pretty bad. well I will take a printout and go to the bank tomorrow to get it stamped

thanks man but whats this 6 sources thing

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:36 pm

saanju9 wrote:6 different sources ????... how??...where is that information from
Sorry, I thought its your Un-Married Partner. Just lack of ATD...
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:07 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
saanju9 wrote:6 different sources ????... how??...where is that information from
Sorry, I thought its your Un-Married Partner. Just lack of ATD...

that's fine mate.. 380 posts and I can understand.. but u scared the shit out of me for a min..

Anyways thanks a lot. I will decide whether to post my bank statements or not tomorrow. and will do accordingly

ID29

Post by ID29 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:13 pm

saanju9 wrote:.... yeah I presume its no harm, but mine is pretty bad. well I will take a printout and go to the bank tomorrow to get it stamped.
How bad?

If it helps you, my account (I'm the sponsor) had been almost continuously overdrawn by £500 throughout the application. I took the view that showing the income was more important than anything else and our successful application seems to bear that out.

Best advice? If the application requires statements then submit them. Don't rely on them requesting them later because they may just reject the application instead. If you leave gaps in your financial history (no matter how embarrassing it may be) you might be inviting them to look even closer at your finances.

mrsabih
Mood:
Pakistan

Hi

Post by mrsabih » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:21 pm

NovApplication wrote:Just wondering if any November applicants have got their biometrics letter yet?? We applied on 02/11/12 and got ack 06/11/12 and heard nothing since!

Thanks
I applied on 19th october 2012
Bio letter received 27 december 2012
Bio submitted 31st december 2012

Waiting for good news
Do good and get reward

Xcape_24
Nigeria

update

Post by Xcape_24 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:11 am

Hi all another update i received another letter from the ukba through my solicitor,this would be the second letter in matter of two weeks,the letter i receive today says:
RE: ...........................
Thank you for your application for settlement in the UK on the basis of your marriage. I return the childs passport,a copy has been kept on file.
To help us consider the matter ,we require evident that you have knowledge of life and language in the united kingdom to our record standard. You have sent us your English Language score report,but as this needs to be verified online,please enter the details onto the appropriate website in order for us to authenticate the results and proceed with your application.
I have uploaded it to the ukba website and my solicitor would be writting to confirm this and hopefully i can have all my document and passport back soonest. Its been 9 months i submitted my apllication.

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:28 am

ID29 wrote:
saanju9 wrote:.... yeah I presume its no harm, but mine is pretty bad. well I will take a printout and go to the bank tomorrow to get it stamped.
How bad?

If it helps you, my account (I'm the sponsor) had been almost continuously overdrawn by £500 throughout the application. I took the view that showing the income was more important than anything else and our successful application seems to bear that out.

Best advice? If the application requires statements then submit them. Don't rely on them requesting them later because they may just reject the application instead. If you leave gaps in your financial history (no matter how embarrassing it may be) you might be inviting them to look even closer at your finances.

Pretty Bad... -£2800 sometimes.. and my salary is only £1400 ... however I have £900 atleast in the other account... and both our salaries are £2000 atleast... so yeah I will post both the bank statements and we will see what happens...I am paying my debts so they can't reject my application my household expenditure is £600 to £700. so it should be fine to explain

thanks for ure help anyways

ID29

Post by ID29 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:41 pm

saanju9 wrote:.... so it should be fine to explain
I'd suggest not dwelling on this too much. Under the old rules, outgoings did feature as part of the determination but the current rules concern themselves chiefly with meeting the 'income' threshold.

I've just taken a look at my sponsor's covering letter to see how I explained my overdrawn status. Naturally I highlighted my income (from self-employment) and then merely added the following: "I also have a £600 overdraft facility (which has just been renewed) and access to credit cards." And that was it. I guess what I'm trying to say is don't hide the negatives but don't draw their attention to them either.

Good luck with your application... and don't worry

shiali
Newly Registered

Been awhile!

Post by shiali » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:54 pm

So it's been quite a while since I've posted on here, work's been keeping me busy but my visa and passport are always on my mind! It's not fair how agonizing this is. Anyway here's my timeline, and a bit of background - I switched from PSW visa to FLR(M), got married in July 2012, applied a few days later, marriage ABSOLUTELY 100% genuine. We're just quite last minute people.

Application submitted: 13/07/12
Application received: 16/07/12
Payment taken: 23/07/12
Acknowledgement letter received: 24/07/12
Biometrics taken: 12/10/12
... No news till now, waiting for the visa obviously.

As you can see, my timeframe between the application submission and biometrics seemed to be longer than most people, 3 months I waited for the biometrics letter! RIDICULOUS. I'm assuming my visa would be processed longer than usual as well... SO ANGRY and frustrated. Thankfully I am still working full time so that's keeping me rather busy!

badnicki
Newly Registered

Re: Been awhile!

Post by badnicki » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:01 pm

shiali wrote: As you can see, my timeframe between the application submission and biometrics seemed to be longer than most people, 3 months I waited for the biometrics letter! RIDICULOUS. I'm assuming my visa would be processed longer than usual as well... SO ANGRY and frustrated. Thankfully I am still working full time so that's keeping me rather busy!
I'm in the same boat shiali; applied July 7th, got biometric letter October 10th. Still waiting. I feel your pain! Some people who have applied around the same time as us have already received their visas. We are the unlucky ones I guess. Sigh.

Meanwhile, I can't quit my job, which I absolutely HATE, for fear of things differing from what's on my application form (and besides, who would hire me now?!). Makes the wait that much more painful...fingers crossed for both of us.

jakebng
Newly Registered

Received Passport and Biometrics card today

Post by jakebng » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:55 pm

[quote="jakebng"]My timeline:

Visa type: FLR (M)
Application posted:20 APRIL 2012
Payment taken: NOT SURE
Ack. letter: NOT SURE
Biometric letter: 4TH MAY
Biometric enrolled: 8TH MAY 2012
PASSPORT : 17th Jan 2013
BRP : 17th Jan 2013

Praise God...

skymoon

Re: Received Passport and Biometrics card today

Post by skymoon » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:46 pm

jakebng wrote:
jakebng wrote:My timeline:

Visa type: FLR (M)
Application posted:20 APRIL 2012
Payment taken: NOT SURE
Ack. letter: NOT SURE
Biometric letter: 4TH MAY
Biometric enrolled: 8TH MAY 2012
PASSPORT : 17th Jan 2013
BRP : 17th Jan 2013

Praise God...
Congratulation and good luck for future...

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:40 am

ID29 wrote:Good luck with your application... and don't worry
thanks mate that is all what we can do.. not to worry

anyways one of my friend suggested to put up the balance for a couple of days and give them the statement...which seems fare enough to me..

loziecanuck
Newly Registered

Post by loziecanuck » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:16 pm

FINALLY!!!!
after waiting 260 days in total ( I submitted on 3rd May) I have received an email from my MP stating that a decision had been made on my case and my documents are in the post...
I cannot believe it! In fact- I wont believe it until my documents are in hand! I will probably stay in all day tomorrow waiting for the postman :)

I think the final nudge came from my MP if I am honest. I know that early doors asking your MP to help doesnt help, however after waiting an embarrassing amount of time (9 months) i think my MP was able to finally get through to a regional caseworker and plead that my case had been outstanding for a ridiculous amount of time.

I have not posted much in this forum, but I have checked it often and I always find that there are really helpful and supportive people on here- Backagain, Damienshello, CDNgirl.... Thanks so much :)

My timeline:
Tier 2 Migrant to FLR M
3/5/2012- Submitted application
22/5/12- submitted biometrics
28/5/12- requested partner's passport for travel (he missed his flight)
6/8/12- complained to HO
6/9/12- complained to HO
17/10/12- complained to HO for lack of acknowledgement of previous complaints
12/12/2012- complained about lack of action on 3rd complaint by phone and was informed UKBA sent letter to address of former employer where I have not worked since 2009
3/1/13- complained to MP
18/1/13- received letter from MP stating my application had been decided.

I am still not sure if my app has even been approved...and Im not bothered! AT least I have my documents back !

Good luck to everyone else waiting and take care.

loziecanuck
Newly Registered

ombudsdman

Post by loziecanuck » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:25 pm

Hi White Queen-

I have spoken with my MP about filing a case with the ombudsman on the basis of shambolic service from the UKBA and the clear manipulation of data to create the illusion of meeting performance indicators. I am all for this and I feel that if a critical mass of people send in cases of the same nature, then we will be heard.

A word of warning from my MP actually- a case with the Ombudsman may actually delay your application because it means that your app may be taken out of the queue for evaluation. I suggest waiting until your docs are returned to raise a case, as the Ombudsman cannot speed the case up, only review if you are entitled to compensation.

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:38 pm

loziecanuck wrote:FINALLY!!!!
after waiting 260 days in total ( I submitted on 3rd May) I have received an email from my MP stating that a decision had been made on my case and my documents are in the post...
I cannot believe it! In fact- I wont believe it until my documents are in hand! I will probably stay in all day tomorrow waiting for the postman :)

I think the final nudge came from my MP if I am honest. I know that early doors asking your MP to help doesnt help, however after waiting an embarrassing amount of time (9 months) i think my MP was able to finally get through to a regional caseworker and plead that my case had been outstanding for a ridiculous amount of time.

I have not posted much in this forum, but I have checked it often and I always find that there are really helpful and supportive people on here- Backagain, Damienshello, CDNgirl.... Thanks so much :)

My timeline:
Tier 2 Migrant to FLR M
3/5/2012- Submitted application
22/5/12- submitted biometrics
28/5/12- requested partner's passport for travel (he missed his flight)
6/8/12- complained to HO
6/9/12- complained to HO
17/10/12- complained to HO for lack of acknowledgement of previous complaints
12/12/2012- complained about lack of action on 3rd complaint by phone and was informed UKBA sent letter to address of former employer where I have not worked since 2009
3/1/13- complained to MP
18/1/13- received letter from MP stating my application had been decided.

I am still not sure if my app has even been approved...and Im not bothered! AT least I have my documents back !

Good luck to everyone else waiting and take care.
And we all love to live in this country.....aayyeee

s

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:42 pm

Looks like there few applications coming back recently...

whitequeen

Re: ombudsdman

Post by whitequeen » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:50 pm

loziecanuck wrote:Hi White Queen-

I have spoken with my MP about filing a case with the ombudsman on the basis of shambolic service from the UKBA and the clear manipulation of data to create the illusion of meeting performance indicators. I am all for this and I feel that if a critical mass of people send in cases of the same nature, then we will be heard.

A word of warning from my MP actually- a case with the Ombudsman may actually delay your application because it means that your app may be taken out of the queue for evaluation. I suggest waiting until your docs are returned to raise a case, as the Ombudsman cannot speed the case up, only review if you are entitled to compensation.
Well as the UKBA hasn't sent a response or resolution about my complaint yet, my MP can't file a complaint to the Ombudsman. But he already informed them of his intentions upon receiving a reply, as waiting for almost 10 months is not a joke. My husband and I are also prepared to take this thing to media if we won't get any response by the end of the month.

daiyan.suraya

Post by daiyan.suraya » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:38 pm

saanju9 wrote:Looks like there few applications coming back recently...

it is mate. as we can see people who gave bios on april and may they are getting their visas. I gave my bio on 11th of may. waiting eagerly for my visa now... :)

backagain

Post by backagain » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:26 am

Congrats Loziecanuck! Love to read that May folks are getting their BRPs now.

As promised, there are a number of FOI requests I've followed or submitted over the past several months. UKBA are finally responding to the requests. This response answers many of the aspects of how our FLR(M) requests are or were processed.

Let me explain for newer folks to the forum. A few months back it seemed that UKBA skipped the first two quarters of 2012 and jumped to later applications. This caused a spate of queries to the UKBA via the Freedom of Information process. This response, as well as numerous other responses from UKBA, clearly states how applications are processed.

Hope it helps some of you. MrsWillo. You are getting closer! Hang in there!

UKBA responses are in BOLD

1) Are postal FLRM applications processed in a particular date order? A simple yes or no is required as an answer.

Yes.

2) If the answer to the above question is yes, are they processed in date order based on:-

a. Application date
b. Successful Biometric enrolment date
c. A combination of the above two (please specify what combination, for example
- in the order of application date first, and consequently in the order of successful biometric enrolment date if the application date for multiple applications is the same OR in the order of successful biometric enrolment date first, and consequently in the order of application date if the biometric enrolment date for multiple applications is the same OR Some other combination – please specify the combination)

Postal FLR(M) applications are processed in order of the successful biometric enrolment date.

3) If they are processed in date order but none of the above is applicable, please state so, and try to give as many details about the applicable date order, as possible.

As above, postal FLR(M) applications are processed in order of the successful biometric enrolment date.

4) If you have replied that applications are indeed processed in the order of application date or successful biometric registration date, then please specify if it is possible for applications made a lot later (2-5 months later) than other applications, to be processed while the older applications (2-5 months older) are still in the queue?

5) If the answer to the above question is 'yes', can you please give as many reasons for this anomaly as possible. I mean what are the reasons for processing applications out of turn.

(Answer to 4 & 5)

We do expedite some applications where compelling and compassionate circumstances mean that the case should be prioritised; so we do decide some cases ahead of other older applications.

Also, some applications are complex and take longer to decide than others. Where an applicant has not submitted all the required information with their application for leave, the caseworker will need to make additional enquiries which may increase the time taken to make a final decision.

6) Finally, please also tell me what happens to the applications that should have been processed before the applications that got processed out of turn.

They remain in the work queue and are processed in order of the successful biometric enrolment date.

Source: http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/1 ... 0.pdf.html
Application Received: 5 April 2012
Biometrics Letter Rcd: 20 April 2012
Biometrics Appoint: 21 April 2012
Documents Received: 29 December 2012
BRP Received: 2 January 2013
Set(M) applied 26 November 2014

susoroh
Newly Registered

FLR(M) unmarried partner

Post by susoroh » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:13 pm

hello.
I wanted to know if anyone has had issues with their UKBA applicaton for unmarried partners visa, when providing evidence that you have been living together for 2 years or more. Made my application for unmarried partners before living together for the entire two yrs but we have been dating for 4yrs, and have evidence of this.
thanks

Here is our timeline so far:

Submitted application: 08/09/2012
Biometric enrolment letter received: 29/11/2012
Enrolled biometrics: 04/12/2012
contacted Local MP: 01/01/12
reply from MP: 02/01/12 (UKBA also informed him that it is likely that your FLR(M) application will take around six months from the date you submitted your biometrics)
Documents/response: Still waiting....

nadeem toheed

Post by nadeem toheed » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:43 pm

Hello,
Could anyone guide me please regarding my question,
I've sent my application( 10th Dec.2012) for ILR on the basis of ten year long residence as i got four dependents (3 kids born in UK and wife ), my wife is with me here in UK from march 2006 up till now and she got PSW dependent visa till 30th July 2014, my questions is
do i need to show the maintenance requirements ( 18600 pounds ) or more for my dependent spouse visa ?
please guide me
Thanks

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:51 pm

nadeem toheed wrote:Hello,
Could anyone guide me please regarding my question,
I've sent my application( 10th Dec.2012) for ILR on the basis of ten year long residence as i got four dependents (3 kids born in UK and wife ), my wife is with me here in UK from march 2006 up till now and she got PSW dependent visa till 30th July 2014, my questions is
do i need to show the maintenance requirements ( 18600 pounds ) or more for my dependent spouse visa ?
please guide me
Thanks
No, your partner falls under old rules. No financial requirement is required. However you need to prove that you can maintain and accommodate your dependants without relying on public funds. Read this post for further clarification.
Skydrives, Templates