ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

house survey for accomodation

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SAMISPOUSAL
India

house survey for accomodation

Post by SAMISPOUSAL » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:25 pm

i am Brit man sponsoring my wife to join me from India..

I live in our FAMILY HOME.... MUM'S owner... i dont pay any rent or utility
bills....I pay just telephone bills only..

so how do we do the survey thing ? is it to prove that there will be no prob if that addition person,my wife, joins me and that we have ample space (our own bedroom)

and do we have to send in copy of the deeds from land registry ?
and a letter from my mum to say she is happy to have my wife at our home?

i dont need anything else do I about ACCOMODATION. dont have mortgage
British man sponsoring Indian wife.Application Pune --Mumbai 18 DEC 2013 Requested further info 27 01 2014

philwafc

Post by philwafc » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:35 am

Yes, that's exactly what the survey is for. Just call your local council and explain why you need the survey doing and they will send somebody round.
Our council did it for free but I believe some do charge a small fee.

Get a copy of the deeds, and yes get a letter from your Mum explaining that you will be living there and that you have her permission to live there and for how long, also she should write who pays for what in the household and how much. (and if you can get documents to prove who pays for things that would be good)

SAMISPOUSAL
India

Post by SAMISPOUSAL » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:47 am

philwafc wrote:Yes, that's exactly what the survey is for. Just call your local council and explain why you need the survey doing and they will send somebody round.
Our council did it for free but I believe some do charge a small fee.

Get a copy of the deeds, and yes get a letter from your Mum explaining that you will be living there and that you have her permission to live there and for how long, also she should write who pays for what in the household and how much. (and if you can get documents to prove who pays for things that would be good)

THANK YOU PHIL
YOU ARE GREAT
British man sponsoring Indian wife.Application Pune --Mumbai 18 DEC 2013 Requested further info 27 01 2014

flyguy

Post by flyguy » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:33 pm

In regards to your query - not all councils do a accomodation survey and therefore you may have to get it done and paid for - cost is between £100 - £200.

i.need.help
Member of Standing

Re: house survey for accomodation

Post by i.need.help » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:12 pm

Try your local immigration/solicitors first (if you want to save money). They maybe quite a bit cheaper than the ones you find on google or the one suggested above.

I paid a local firm around £60-£70. Got the report back the next day.
TIMELINE

Spouse Visa (Entry Clearance) granted on 20-02-15
FLR-M (Extension) granted on 24-08-17
ILR (SET-M) not due until 2020

Views and opinions provided by myself, should not be relied upon as professional advice.

85 East
United Kingdom

Re: house survey for accomodation

Post by 85 East » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:24 am

There is no formal requirement for the housing survey. We submitted a letter from my parents (who own the house), stating that we could live there, along with their passport details and a downloaded copy of the land registry information for the property and got the visa with no issues