ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

COS delays December 2012/Jan2013?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AshleyB
Newly Registered

COS delays December 2012/Jan2013?

Post by AshleyB » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:19 pm

Hi
My husband's future employer recently applied for his COS (beginning of December 2012) and despite submitting all of the relevant information, the application was rejected.
The company's lawyers say that this was an error on the part of UKBA as all necessary documentation was submitted and have requested a review (which has been agreed by UKBA). It has now been a month since they agreed to review the application and we've still heard nothing.
I was under the impression that applying for a COS was a fairly automatic process, taking a couple of weeks max, and not something that would drag on. Has anyone else had similar problems with COS processing/review times or are we just an unfortunate exception??

amul
Newly Registered

Post by amul » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:16 am

Did you hear anything from your employer? I guess 18th is coming near and I am scared. I am also waiting for a reply from my employer

ImI.sh
Newly Registered

Re: COS delays December 2012/Jan2013?

Post by ImI.sh » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:07 am

AshleyB wrote:Hi
My husband's future employer recently applied for his COS (beginning of December 2012) and despite submitting all of the relevant information, the application was rejected.
The company's lawyers say that this was an error on the part of UKBA as all necessary documentation was submitted and have requested a review (which has been agreed by UKBA). It has now been a month since they agreed to review the application and we've still heard nothing.
I was under the impression that applying for a COS was a fairly automatic process, taking a couple of weeks max, and not something that would drag on. Has anyone else had similar problems with COS processing/review times or are we just an unfortunate exception??
Is it unrestricted or restricted. i dont think cos allocation has anything to do with a candidate if it is unrestricted. Once and employer gets the allocation then he can assign it to a particular candidate.

Basharat81

Restricted and unrestricted COS

Post by Basharat81 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:34 am

My employer issued me a COS, I am on PSW, how he can see is this restricted or unrestricted.

Many Thanks

Regards
Bash

AshleyB
Newly Registered

Post by AshleyB » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:28 pm

Its a restricted COS that has been requested...

amul
Newly Registered

Post by amul » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:46 am

Did you hear anything from your employer?

AshleyB
Newly Registered

Post by AshleyB » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:34 pm

No...still nothing. I have no idea if its normal to have delays like this with UKBA or if there is something genuinely wrong with his COS application. His company told us that it would take much less time...He meets all of the points and his job is a level 6 so I really have no idea what's going on. Very frustrating/worrying as we've been waiting to move for a while now...

Basharat81

Post by Basharat81 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:11 pm

What is your current visa status?????

AshleyB
Newly Registered

Post by AshleyB » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:43 pm

We do not have a current visa status. MY husband is from Argentina and was recently offered a job in the UK. His company are applying for a Tier 2 General visa (and restricted COS) on his behalf.