ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship residency requirement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

brakesh

British Citizenship residency requirement

Post by brakesh » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:32 am

Hello everybody,

I came to this country on April 2006 on student visa. i was on student visa till February 2009. I got married on august 2008( my spouse was on work permit). I went back to my country in february 2009 to get entry clearance and got visa ,dependent of work permit holder, in february 2009 and the total absence during that period from the UK was 28 days. we got our ILR on april 2012.

As i am in this country for more than 6 and half years and had valid visa all the time. My question is does my residency of 6 and half years count towards the 5 years residency requirement?

i know that one has to be free of immigration for 12 months.

I would appreciate the advice

Thank you
Brakesh[/quote]

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:34 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

skymoon

Post by skymoon » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:54 pm

Yes and you can apply for BC in April 2013. Good luck.