ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

back ground check question

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jambalap

back ground check question

Post by jambalap » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:57 am

I know this question was asked numerous times but want to make sure I have answered it right

11.1 HAVE YOU EVER COMMITTED ANY OFFENCES
AGAINST THE LAWS OF IRELAND OR ANY
OVERSEAS COUNTRY?

I have jumped red signal while cycling as there is no fine for cycle I had to go to court and the case was dismissed after me paying to court poor box so there was no conviction. should be answering the above question yes? or No? . I answered it No as the layer signing my application said to answer No if you have no convictions and sent my application but was thinking about the question. can any one with complete knowledge about the situation give me answer

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Re: back ground check question

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:19 pm

jambalap wrote:I know this question was asked numerous times but want to make sure I have answered it right

OVERSEAS COUNTRY?

I have jumped red signal while cycling as there is no fine for cycle I had to go to court and the case was dismissed after me paying to court poor box so there was no conviction. should be answering the above question yes? or No? . I answered it No as the layer signing my application said to answer No if you have no convictions and sent my application but was thinking about the question. can any one with complete knowledge about the situation give me answer
This is what you must do. You have to tick YES to 11.1 and NO to 11.2. It is an offence to break a red traffic light but you was never convicted. so NO to 11.2

Also write the place the offence took place, dates, the outcome of the offence and also produce your ticket receipt with you if applicable.

Do exactly what I just said and you will be totally fine with nothing to worry about.

You have committed an offence 11.1 is YES
You have never being convicted 11.2 is NO
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

jambalap

Post by jambalap » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:58 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
jambalap wrote:I know this question was asked numerous times but want to make sure I have answered it right

OVERSEAS COUNTRY?

This is what you must do. You have to tick YES to 11.1 and NO to 11.2. It is an offence to break a red traffic light but you was never convicted. so NO to 11.2

Also write the place the offence took place, dates, the outcome of the offence and also produce your ticket receipt with you if applicable.

Do exactly what I just said and you will be totally fine with nothing to worry about.

You have committed an offence 11.1 is YES
You have never being convicted 11.2 is NO
Thanks for the reply. As I have already applied should I be sending a letter detailing the issue

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:48 pm

jambalap wrote:Thanks for the reply. As I have already applied should I be sending a letter detailing the issue
I'll advice you to do that since it wont cost you a thing. And the reason why I want you to do that is that your application may take a long time to approve/deny because of this issue.

It is still early now and the earlier the better. Let them know that you never knew your case was an offence until you consult someone recently. It is also advisable to do it now that your application is at an earlier stage so that the decision of your application will not be delayed.

They may think your hiding something when they find out that you have an offence will they will and that will delay your application. Thats my advice

jambalap

Post by jambalap » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:19 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
jambalap wrote:Thanks for the reply. As I have already applied should I be sending a letter detailing the issue
I'll advice you to do that since it wont cost you a thing. And the reason why I want you to do that is that your application may take a long time to approve/deny because of this issue.

It is still early now and the earlier the better. Let them know that you never knew your case was an offence until you consult someone recently. It is also advisable to do it now that your application is at an earlier stage so that the decision of your application will not be delayed.

They may think your hiding something when they find out that you have an offence will they will and that will delay your application. Thats my advice
thanks again I sent them email and will be posting letter of the same to the following address
CITIZENSHIP APPLICATIONS F8,
IRISH NATURALISATION AND IMMIGRATION SERVICE,
ROSANNA ROAD,
TIPPERARY TOWN

meldives
Newly Registered

Post by meldives » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:59 pm

I have a similiar question and it didn't even occur to me until i read this thread.

I haven't yet sent in my form, so can print out a new one. I got a fine a few years ago for driving with out of date motor tax. So i presume i now have to put 'yes' to both of those questions and provide evidence the fine has been paid? I just got a fine which was paid, never had to go to court or anything. How do i get evidence the fine was paid...will the Garda station be able to give me something?

jambalap

Post by jambalap » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:38 pm

meldives wrote:I have a similiar question and it didn't even occur to me until i read this thread.

I haven't yet sent in my form, so can print out a new one. I got a fine a few years ago for driving with out of date motor tax. So i presume i now have to put 'yes' to both of those questions and provide evidence the fine has been paid? I just got a fine which was paid, never had to go to court or anything. How do i get evidence the fine was paid...will the Garda station be able to give me something?

Didn't you get receipt for paying fine? if you got one send by taking photo copy

meldives
Newly Registered

Post by meldives » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:48 pm

The fine was about three years ago...i don't know about you, but i don't keep receipts for that long!

jambalap

Post by jambalap » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:40 pm

meldives wrote:The fine was about three years ago...i don't know about you, but i don't keep receipts for that long!
I think you might have to talk to Garda then

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:56 pm

meldives wrote:I have a similiar question and it didn't even occur to me until i read this thread.

Ye, Garda will give you what you need. Ask them to make it more authentic though and not just a print out of your fine.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:48 am

Before writing with details of trivial bicycling offences, I would recommend getting professional advice.

It may not be needed, and could (in spite of that) derail or delay your citizenship application.

Do not rely for professional advice on people on this forum!

jambalap

Post by jambalap » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:04 am

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Before writing with details of trivial bicycling offences, I would recommend getting professional advice.

It may not be needed, and could (in spite of that) derail or delay your citizenship application.

I did go to garda and clarified my situation they said breaking red light is an offence but I don't have conviction so I should answer yes to the question. Garda told me they will be sending the incident as it will be recorded in their system

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:33 am

jambalap wrote:I did go to garda and clarified my situation they said breaking red light is an offence but I don't have conviction so I should answer yes to the question. Garda told me they will be sending the incident as it will be recorded in their system
I am not sure I understand what the bold passage means.

jambalap

Post by jambalap » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:24 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:
jambalap wrote:I did go to garda and clarified my situation they said breaking red light is an offence but I don't have conviction so I should answer yes to the question. Garda told me they will be sending the incident as it will be recorded in their system
I am not sure I understand what the bold passage means.
In their system they have the incident recorded when I broke the red light so when INIS ask about my report Garda will send the red light broken incident as well irrespective of I have conviction or not

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:56 am

jambalap wrote:
Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Before writing with details of trivial bicycling offences, I would recommend getting professional advice.

I did go to garda and clarified my situation they said breaking red light is an offence but I don't have conviction so I should answer yes to the question. Garda told me they will be sending the incident as it will be recorded in their system
Its very good that you took my professional advice and not reply on people that discourages you about that. Well done!

I was 100% right afterall, well just like always .

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:05 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:Its very good that you took my professional advice
You make me curious. Are you an Irish lawyer?

mred1

similar

Post by mred1 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:20 pm

I have just made my application a few days ago & still waiting for an acknowledgment letter. I have answered NO to the question of crime record because I have no memory of any. Whilst lurking around here, i find this post and I realized I was once apprehended for Shoplifting once 10 years ago or so 2003/2004, I am not certain, i was 17/18.. I am 28 now, It went to court but it was dismissed, i really haven't got the memory to remember what happened before or after that. I didn't have to put anything in a money box or do anything, i never got a letter & just don't remember. I was in leaving certificate year back then. Now, after reading this forum, i got a fright..I have called the Garda and vetting unit, they all told me to say NO to have you committed a crime against the state, since i had no conviction and since i was around 17/18 then. I am so confused..I feel so bad that i disregarded it in the question and didn't have a sound memory of it. What can i do at this stage?

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Re: similar

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:06 pm

mred1 wrote:I have just made my application a few days ago & still waiting for an acknowledgment letter. I have answered NO to the question of crime record because I have no memory of any. Whilst lurking around here, i find this post and I realized I was once apprehended for Shoplifting once 10 years ago or so 2003/2004, I am not certain, i was 17/18.. I am 28 now, It went to court but it was dismissed, i really haven't got the memory to remember what happened before or after that. I didn't have to put anything in a money box or do anything, i never got a letter & just don't remember. I was in leaving certificate year back then. Now, after reading this forum, i got a fright..I have called the Garda and vetting unit, they all told me to say NO to have you committed a crime against the state, since i had no conviction and since i was around 17/18 then. I am so confused..I feel so bad that i disregarded it in the question and didn't have a sound memory of it. What can i do at this stage?
I suggest you do nothing really as it is too late. Just wait to and see if they will ask you for further information.

You not including the details in your application wont lead to the refusal/denial of your citizenship application

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:07 pm

I am not a lawyer and I do not think anyone else here is either. So do not take what anyone says as professional advice.

You say, and I have to take your word for it, that you did not remember your previous encounter with the law. So you at least made a mistake on the form.

In which country did the shoplifting happen?

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:13 am

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:I am not a lawyer and I do not think anyone else here is either. So do not take what anyone says as professional advice.

You say, and I have to take your word for it, that you did not remember your previous encounter with the law. So you at least made a mistake on the form.

In which country did the shoplifting happen?
I thought the reason of the Forum is for people to help answer questions to the best of their ability. What does Lawyer has to do with it? I have answered tens of questions here correctly and I dont need to be a lawyer to answer those questions!.

Having said that, I dont know who told you that I am not a lawyer or anyone else here isnt too!.

Next time please try and response directly to the question(s) and not try to bad-mouth the poster. Thanks

mred1

thanks guys

Post by mred1 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:03 am

Thank you guys for taking the time out to answer my query...this was a genuine mistake, & in fairness if not for this forum, i wouldn't have remembered it happened, like i said, it was during my leaving cert days. 2003(age 17/18) if i remember well..10 years ago now. Goodness, how your past can ruin your future. It was in Ireland. I will leave it at that as i have contacted the garda & vetting unit and I have been asked to say NO. If i get asked to supply more info in the future, I will gladly give the information...then again, I do not remember much about the date..all i know is i went home without any issues

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:48 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:I thought the reason of the Forum is for people to help answer questions to the best of their ability. What does Lawyer has to do with it? I have answered tens of questions here correctly and I dont need to be a lawyer to answer those questions!.

Having said that, I dont know who told you that I am not a lawyer or anyone else here isnt too!
You were offering your answers as "professional advice", which is quite misleading if you are not an Irish lawyer.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Re: thanks guys

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:51 pm

mred1 wrote:Thank you guys for taking the time out to answer my query...this was a genuine mistake, & in fairness if not for this forum, i wouldn't have remembered it happened, like i said, it was during my leaving cert days. 2003(age 17/18) if i remember well..10 years ago now. Goodness, how your past can ruin your future. It was in Ireland. I will leave it at that as i have contacted the garda & vetting unit and I have been asked to say NO. If i get asked to supply more info in the future, I will gladly give the information...then again, I do not remember much about the date..all i know is i went home without any issues
The offence was was in Ireland.

You might want to consider consulting a lawyer or a non-profit advice service who has detailed knowledge of citizenship applications. It is hard to know which one is good and worth the money invested, but might be worth trying. It could be that there is a way to correct the application, or they might tell you that it is worth not correcting and just waiting quietly.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:44 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:You were offering your answers as "professional advice", which is quite misleading if you are not an Irish lawyer.
IntegratedMigrant wrote:I suggest you do nothing really as it is too late. Just wait to and see if they will ask you for further information.
You not including the details in your application wont lead to the refusal/denial of your citizenship application
First of all, not all Irish Lawyers know about Citizenship and Immigration!.

Secondly, where on this answer above does it says "professional advice"? or do I offered it as professional advice? or are you referring to an answer already made to someone different that is totally irrelevant to this answer!?

I am not on this Forum to discuss about my personal background/status of the job I have or have held in the past, but I must tell you this, I am highly professional!.

I have met so many people that went to "An Irish Lawyer" but was given the wrong advice, I had to correct that with successes.

And once I again like I said, you dont need to make things up just to attack posters and there was never anything that says that I offered this particular answer as "professional advice", and having said that, it is always people's choice to choose to take action on the Answers given, whether "professional advice" or "not". Dont back-seat the Moderators if you're not one!

Finally lets not try and push this further like you did few weeks ago. I am here to help people that needs it, Period!.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Re: thanks guys

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:50 pm

mred1 wrote:Thank you guys for taking the time out to answer my query...this was a genuine mistake, & in fairness if not for this forum, i wouldn't have remembered it happened, like i said, it was during my leaving cert days. 2003(age 17/18) if i remember well..10 years ago now. Goodness, how your past can ruin your future. It was in Ireland. I will leave it at that as i have contacted the garda & vetting unit and I have been asked to say NO. If i get asked to supply more info in the future, I will gladly give the information...then again, I do not remember much about the date..all i know is i went home without any issues
Like I said in my previous comment, based on the nature of your offense and the outcome of it, you not including the details in your application form that you had this offense wont lead to the denial/refusal of your citizenship application for any reason whatsoever.

They will at a later stage ask you for evidence of it if they are more interested on the nature of the offense or will simply take the PULSE (Police Using Leading Systems Effectively) details of your background submitted to them by Gardai as it is.

Best of luck :)