ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

5 years requirement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

helpwithilr
Newly Registered

5 years requirement

Post by helpwithilr » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:29 pm

Hi All,

Quick question. I am using the NCS to apply for naturalisation. They have asked me to get proof that I was in the UK on the date 5 years prior to the application.

Has anyone given any proof for this. I assumed that the case worker would look at my entry exit dates on the passport and make that decision.

I obviously cannot give any proof that I was in the UK on a certain date.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:34 pm

As long as you have passport(s) covering 5 years time, you don't need anything else.

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Re: 5 years requirement

Post by vinitmanu » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:35 pm

helpwithilr wrote:Hi All,

Quick question. I am using the NCS to apply for naturalisation. They have asked me to get proof that I was in the UK on the date 5 years prior to the application.

Has anyone given any proof for this. I assumed that the case worker would look at my entry exit dates on the passport and make that decision.

I think entry/exit stamps on the passport is one way to prove that you were in the country. 5 years is a long time to keep your Bank transactions. But, maybe, transactions done within the UK at the time? A letter from your Employer looking back at your records. I'm not sure.

helpwithilr
Newly Registered

Post by helpwithilr » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:47 pm

Thanks guys for replying. I was thinking of printing of emails from that day. It has my location in the signature.

Just curious though, the document check list on the UKBA website doesn't ask for anything. Is it just the NCS guys overdoing things?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:18 pm

helpwithilr wrote:They have asked me to get proof that I was in the UK on the date 5 years prior to the application.
As said, if your passport covers that period, that's the proof they are after.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:38 pm

helpwithilr wrote:Hi All,

To make things easier, it would be up to you to show which page/date on your passport will prove that you meet that requirement.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.